Gigs

Exo Rock N Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a nice and sunny day and the moment Luhan got up he checked his phone. His phone read that he got a few text messages from Henry and the text read, “Hey Guy I got your message just this morning.Sorry I didn’t get it last night. It’s because I fell asleep really early yesterday.It’s okay that you haven’t contacted me in a while because I know that you are very busy. By the way regarding parties, I do know that a friend of mine name Key is planning to throw a birthday party pretty soon.Key’s birthday is coming up real soon and its on the 23rd of September. Once I find out the details I’ll let you know.There can be a possibility since Key really likes rock music too!Oh and congrats on being a rock star guy!”

 

Luhan read the texts from Henry and he was super happy. He knew that there could be a possibility for him to get a gig through this party that Henry’s friend Key is gonna be throwing in the near future. Luhan didn’t want to tell the band members yet, not until everything is set with Key.

 

Ginny was heading to her car and she saw Kai there. “So Jongin, what are you doing here?”

 

“I don’t want people to see us here you know, you can just come to my house early like usual.” Ginny was a little bit nervous because she didn’t want the others to possibly see them together.

 

Kai liked the fact that Ginny addressed him as Jongin instead of Kai. “Ginny thanks for calling me Jongin instead of Kai, it feels much nicer and personal.” Ginny sighed but smiled though and Kai said to Ginny. “I just wanted to say hi to you before I get to my car.” Ginny was confused. “Oh okay, whatever you say.” Ginny unlocked her car and said “Okay Jongin I’ll see you at my house.”

 

Kai gave her a light smile and headed to his car.

 

Ginny went inside of her car and she put her both hands on the steering wheel and she put her head down on the wheel then started to think for a little bit. Ginny’s face was red as an apple and just the thought of Kai visiting her where she parked her car to just say hello meant a lot. He could’ve done that once he got to her house. Ginny started her car and drove to her house.

 

Once our rock princess got home she saw Kai standing there in front of her door and Ginny got out of her car.Then she walked up to the door and there was Kai just looking at Ginny. He had this expression that was very confusing and he was smiling in a shy way but with a little smirk too.

 

Ginny said in a nervous tone, “Hey Jongin you got here before I did huh?” Kai said, “Mhmm,I did. I guess I drive faster than you do.” Kai teased.

 

Ginny said hurriedly, “Let’s go inside, we need to start getting ready for practice before the other guys get here.”  Kai said teasingly. “You afraid that the other members will see us like this hm?”

 

Ginny quickly answered. “Yes I do.” Ginny rushed to get into the house and she literally threw her backpack on the couch and got herself a tall glass of water. She gestured to Kai to follow her to the basement so they can get to work already.

 

Ginny and Kai were in the basement getting everything all set up and she felt happy to be alone with Kai again but yet felt very nervous. Ginny  plugged the guitar in her amp and started to strum. Our rock princess started to play Old Yellow Brick from The Arctic Monkeys and Once Ginny started to play Kai also played his drum parts. Both Ginny and Kai were quiet but working really hard to play the song perfectly. The moment they were done playing that particular song they looked at each other with approval. At the same time their smiles gave each other butterflies in their tummies.

 

Chanyeol kept on ringing the doorbell but Ginny and Kai both didn’t hear the doorbell,however Ginny finally heard it. “ I hear the doorbell, I’ll be right back.” Ginny went up and got the door.

 

“Oh my gosh I am so sorry you guys, I didn’t even hear you because I was practicing down there in the basement.I was practicing with Kai, he’s been here for a little a while.”

Chanyeol grinned and joked. “Ahhhh, I see.So you guys weren’t getting it on down there right?”

 

Chanyeol was just teasing Ginny but she was blushing a little. She was trying very hard not to show it since she didn’t want the band members to know that she liked Kai. When Chanyeol asked Ginny that question Kris didn’t seem to be too happy about it. Normally Kris didn’t really have facial expressions but here he did.

 

Kris was a very intense guy inside but most people didn’t know what he was actually thinking on a regular basis. Our bassist of P&B was quite private and didn’t like to show what he was truly feeling, just about always. Luhan said with his happy smile. “Okay guys I got something to tell you, lets all go down to the basement!”

 

Everyone went down to the basement to prepare for today’s jam session. There was Kai with his drumsticks,and he was really practicing. When he was with Ginny, he got a little distracted but when he was alone he was able to be more focused.

 

Kris said firmly. “To your positions guys, except for Kai since he is already there.” Kris looked towards Luhan and said, “So what were you gonna tell us Luhan? It looked like you had something to inform us about.” Luhan smiled and said. “Oh yeah, my best friend Henry texted me back with some good news, it looks like he has a friend that is going to be hosting a party pretty soon,his birthday is coming up.” Although we are not sure if he is willing to hire a rock band for his party, but I think Henry will try his best to convince him.” Kris said. “Oh I see, hopefully we’ll hear from him soon, so we can work out the details.” Kris asked. “So when is this friend’s birthday anyways?” Luhan replied. “Hmmm,I think the 23rd of September if I can remember correctly.”

 

Kris nodded. “Oh okay, well let’s get to practice,We’ll be playing the six songs we selected and also we’ll include Patience by GUNS N ROSES as a bonus. So we’ll have a total of seven songs.Let’s get to work, it’ll take a while for us to master seven of these songs.” Kris had leadership skills, it made sense since he was the star basketball player for three years except for this year. Kris didn’t join the Boy’s basketball team this year because he wanted to join the EXO club.

 

While The P&B were practicing, Luhan was thirsty so he went up to the kitchen to get some water and while he was drinking it his phone started to vibrate. It was none other than his best friend Henry. “Henry, I am in the middle of practice, but I was lucky to pick up your call because I just came up to the kitchen to get a drink of water.” Henry was was happy to hear from his friend that he hasn’t spoken in awhile. “Hey Luhan it’s been awhile right? Well, I am so sorry that I couldn’t get back to you last night, I was like really tired, so I fell asleep rather early.” Luhan said with a calm voice. “No it’s okay, and I am so sorry for not calling you often, and I finally called you when I needed you for something, I feel so bad dude.” Henry was very understanding and he knew that Luhan was just busy, although he would’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter