Stay Here Tonight?

I Can Make You Smile

“Ah, I know that voice from anywhere,” said Seung Gi sarcastically, “I should’ve known Prince Charming would come to the rescue.” The gang snickered from behind Seung Gi.

 

“Heh. Still that ignorant, huh Seung Gi?” Kai retorted, “I guess there’s no hope for you yet.”

 

“Ayo guys, I think we can take him since he’s all by himself,” said Seung Gi cockily, “let’s knock him off his little pedestal, yeah?”

 

“Yeah!” his gang shouted in unison.

 

“You may want to think twice before trying anything you’ll regret,” Kai said calmly, seemingly not intimidated in the least bit by the 5 ruffians that stood before him.

 

“That’s it... I’m sick of his ! Get him!” shouted Seung Gi and him, along with his gang, charged at Kai.

 


 

Luhan, on the other hand, was too far into his own world of shame and embarrassment to take notice of what was happening around him. ‘I should’ve just went straight home… I hate it here… I hate everything,’ he thought bitterly as a few more tears fell from his eyes, ‘damnit Luhan, stop crying… you’re manly, remember? And you’re better than this scum! You’re better than this…’

 

Luhan was finally snapped back into reality when he felt a hand lightly touch his shoulder. He immediately flinched and the hand snapped back. “Whoa, I’m not going to hurt you,” said a familiar voice. Sniffling, Luhan looked up to see Kai standing over him.

 

“K-Kai…” Luhan murmured, embarrassed about his current state, so he looked down at the ground. “Come on, get up,” Kai said, “did they hurt you?” Luhan slowly shook his head ‘no’ but Kai could see that he was lying.

 

“Come with me,” Kai said and gently took off the wig that Seung Gi had put on him. Kai took Luhan’s hand and tried to help him up but Luhan gasped from a severe pain in his leg. Being tackled to the ground by the gang members caused his leg to twist painfully at the knee.

 

Kai sighed, “I knew they hurt you… here, let me carry you.” Kai scooped Luhan up into his arms and placed him on the back of his motorcycle. “Here.” Kai handed Luhan a helmet and he put it on. “Now hold on, okay?” Luhan nodded and lightly clung on to the back of his leather jacket. Kai smirked and shook his head, “you hold on like this.” Kai took Luhan’s hands and placed them around his own waist. “Here we go…” Kai said as he began driving.

 

At this point Luhan didn’t care about anything anymore. He didn’t care about the pain shooting up his leg or the fact that he was riding down the street with some thug or whatever he was… his mind was swarming with the things the gang had said to him. Horrible things… Luhan unconsciously held onto Kai’s waist tighter and squirmed, which caused Kai to become a bit worried. “You alright?” Kai asked over the roar of the motorcycle’s engine. Luhan nodded against his back and once again became engulfed in his own thoughts.

 

The motorcycle finally came to a halt at a house that actually looked pretty nice – at least as nice as it gets in a town like this. Luhan looked up in slight admiration at the house before him while Kai got off the motorcycle. He took off his own helmet and Luhan handed him his helmet. Kai once again scooped Luhan up into his arms and carried him into his house.

 


 

Kai put Luhan down on the couch got out an old knee brace of his and put it on Luhan’s leg. “Don’t take this off unless you really have to, arraso?” Kai said, while staring at Luhan intensely. Luhan nodded meekly, wondering why Kai was being so nice to him now when he completely ignored him earlier and had the audacity to tell him that he “wouldn’t survive” in this place. But… Kai was right. Luhan clearly knew that he would never be able to make it through the year at this rate.

 

“Okay, what did they do to you Luhan?” questioned Kai, noticing how the other was always looking so melancholy and lost in thought.

 

“Nothing…” Luhan responded bleakly.

 

“Ahh jinjja… I’m not joking,” Kai replied strictly, “now tell me.”

 

“Why should I have to tell you anything? Don’t sit there and pretend to care…” retorted Luhan, “you’re probably just like the rest of them!”

 

Kai looked at Luhan wide-eyed, not having expected Luhan to react that way. “So would the ‘rest of them’ have fought to protect you, huh?” snapped Kai, “I’m just trying to help!”

 

“Don’t then! I don’t need nor want your help…” Luhan said snobbishly and he tried to stand up to leave but ended up falling back on the couch.

 

Kai felt a pang at his heart while looking at the other. His wide, deer-like eyes clearly portrayed his feelings of fear and anguish. “Look… just… please calm down,” Kai said soothingly, “I’m sorry I ever asked. But you’re in no shape to try and go home… you should stay here tonight.”

 

 

 

 


I had nothing to do last night so I just kept writing so three updates. ^^;; keke~ woo!

I hope these updates are enjoyable!