Because I Love You

I Can Make You Smile

“H-how did you-,” Luhan began, his face still in an obvious state of shock.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Kai interrupted abruptly, watching Luhan as he stood there shivering from his own frustration.

 

“You a-aren’t supposed to know…” Luhan said quietly and hung his head. He felt anger towards himself that his one careless mistake put everyone he knew and cared for in jeopardy. Himself… Kai… his parents… everyone. However, he couldn’t help but have mixed feelings about the situation. He wanted Kai to know about the contract more than anything but he didn’t want to risk endangering the lives of others.

 

“Know what?” Kai asked, playing dumb. He was trying to get Luhan to realize that he could’ve played dumb the entire time if he had told him – and Luhan understood his meaning.

 

Luhan’s bottom lip quivered slightly and he looked up at Kai. “S-Seung Gi told me not to tell… and I… I n-never thought about that.  I’m just… I’m so sorry… I never wanted to hurt you,” Luhan blabbered while desperately fighting back his tears.

 

“Luhan… you did it all to save me. If it weren’t for me getting injured, you wouldn’t have had to deal with Seung Gi… It’s all my fault,” Kai replied, feeling extremely guilty for burdening Luhan’s life.

 

“Ani…! It… I… I don’t regret doing it,” Luhan explained, “even if I couldn’t be the one with you, I still wanted you to be alive and for you to find happiness with someone else.”

 

“That’s just it though Luhan…” Kai began, “when I saw you with Seung Gi, it was as if I died at that very moment. Being without you was a pain worse than death… I actually would’ve been better off dead.”

 

“D-Don’t say that!” Luhan exclaimed, staring at Kai wide-eyed.

 

Kai slowly crossed the room over to where Luhan stood, never dropping eye contact with him. “Luhan… you have no idea how much I’ve missed you,” Kai whispered before pulling Luhan into his arms and Luhan buried his face in Kai’s chest.

 

“I missed you t-too… so much,” Luhan sobbed with his face still buried in Kai’s chest, “I thought I lost you forever…”

 

“Even before seeing the contract, I planned on fighting for you… for us. I just couldn’t let you go because I… I…” Kai began but then trailed off, looking embarrassed.

 

Luhan looked up at him and sniffled softly. “You…?” he coaxed, trying to get Kai to finish his sentence.

 

“Because I… love you. I love you Luhan,” Kai said seriously, staring lovingly into Luhan’s twinkling eyes, getting lost in the sheer beauty of them. He found everything about Luhan to be incredibly divine – it was as if Luhan was an angel sent straight from Heaven and into his arms. His smile… his laugh… his eyes… his quirks… everything about Luhan fascinated him and made him fall in love with him over and over again.

 

Luhan stared blankly at Kai for a few moments unable to fully understand Kai’s words. His brain was too bombarded with happiness for him to understand at that moment.

 

“Because I… love you. I love you Luhan,”

 

Luhan couldn’t stop himself from smiling brightly as he had waited to hear those words from no one other than Kai. “Jongin-ah… I… I love you too,” he responded sincerely and he surprised even himself by placing a gentle kiss on Kai’s lips to which Kai responded passionately.

 


 

Luhan woke up a bit early to find that Kai was still cuddling with him in his bed. As much as he wanted to stay like this, he knew he had to wake Kai up. He then jumped up out of the bed and shook Kai gently but his shaking grew in intensity when he realized that Kai was a heavy sleeper. “Yah! Get up,” Luhan yelled in a hushed tone, “Seung Gi will be here in 10 minutes.”

 

Kai sat up and rubbed his eyes with a yawn. “W-What?” he asked sleepily.

 

“Seung Gi will be on his way here soon!” Luhan exclaimed while rushing around his room to get dressed.

 

“O-Oh !” Kai said and also began scrambling around the room to gather his clothes that were strewn all over the floor from last night’s activities. Kai smiled while putting on his clothes and thinking about how perfect everything was with Luhan last night. How he wished that he could always wake up next to Luhan... ‘Maybe someday,’ he thought optimistically as he quickly slipped on his shoes; now he was finally finished getting dressed.

 

“Okay, I should go now,” Kai said and pecked Luhan’s lips.

 

“Will I get to see you again?” Luhan asked, looking at him with a sad, innocent aura about him.

 

“When I can,” Kai said with an assuring smile, “and remember… we have to go back to being strangers.”

 

Luhan nodded his head and smiled back at Kai. “Bye then… stranger,” he said with a wink.

 

“Aish… such a dork,” Kai said laughing and climbed out the window. Luhan laughed along with Kai and then watched him as he got on his motorcycle and drove away.

 

‘I really do hope you fight for us… and fight hard. Because Seung Gi doesn’t seem to be giving up anytime soon either,’ Luhan thought as he pressed his hand against the cool window glass.

 

 

 

 


Another update for ya :3 Please enjoy and leave comments! Also, I'll have to wrap this story up on Friday so I may do more updates a day. ^^;;

I love you all <3 and thanks for all the support!