Five

RUN

The boys entered and find their own seats on the couch. “Any beverages?” Chen asked, being the host.  “Water would do fine” Chanyeol quickly says before anyone could ask for a more delicate drink.

 

To Leina’s surprise, she seated herself on the empty chair beside Sehun. The two persons sit facing each other, seperated only by a table between them and awkwardness that hovered. Leina playing with her feet, making some irregular beats due to the nervous. She doesn’t want to talk with Sehun, neither the guy. They avoid each other’s eyecontact.

 

She glanced up, only to find herself meeting with the pair of the cold eyes. Quickly they both turned their heads away, and find another things to do.

 

Yoogeun and Moogeun came back fleeing from the front door in to the house. They were hesitating to play around the house when they saw the boys are there. It seems like even children could know ‘their’ presence. “Hi, kids” D.O greeted, but didn’t get the expected reactions from the children.

 

Yoogeun, with the shorter hair, which the only thing that differs him from Moogeun, exploring out the room. Their house is full of people. Nine to be exact. Yoogeun look at them one by one until Leina, the last one.

 

He whispered something to his twin and they both running towards Leina. Leina’s eyes widen in surprise seeing the two children’s faces are turning to more friendly than before. “Noona, would you play with us?” he asked. Yoogeun touched Leina’s hand with his innocent skin, want to pull Leina with him.

 

Moogeun, who seems younger and has a longer hair, speak in a whisper to Leina. “Come on, let’s go and play. Rather than being with him” Moogeun said in his cute voice then pointed at Sehun. Leina giggled inside when she saw how Sehun reacted to the little boy’s action. He just let them go.

 

She doesn’t have anything to do also, so it’s a good thing that these kids came to approach her. “Yeah, let’s go” she said and let Yoogeun pulled her outside the house.

 

Sehun watch her leaving. “At least, she is good with kids. They like her” Baekhyun said. “I think it’s fine that she’s with us” Lay said, facing up from his iPod. The rest pauses at the moment but then Kris joins in, “Yeah, it’s fine. She is beautiful though” he said in a teasing tone, and chuckles. “Yes she is sweet” Chanyeol added. Kris turned to Sehun who has been resting in silence, “Isn’t it one of the reasons that you helped her?” he asked, he smirks. In return, Sehun glared at Kris.

 

Right then, the door opens, revealing Chen with some water. He puts down the tray and rub his hands as if the temperature had went down. “Okay....so you guys are planning to go to the other border?” he asked, now he seems much less frightened than before. The whole group nod.

 

“That’s a bad idea” he said quickly. “I just came back after watching the other border for the regular report of the village, Safety Department. It was full by Angelos” he said. “I assume that it has anything to do with your arrival here. Because it is a too coincidence. Fortunately, none of the Angelos managed to pass the border in to here. So, another assumption is, they don’t know you guys are here” he explained. “I was going to announce the whole village earlier, I know what kind of creatures you guys actually. But since there is Chanyeol....yeah” he added and smiles at Chanyeol.

 

“They must be searching for the girl” Luhan said. “They found the girl, they found us. A jackpot” Suho added. “Okay, before that. May I ask you something?” Chen said with a bright face.

 

“You guys are wolverines, right....except Chanyeol and that guy over there. So, you guys are Angelos too!” he says, giving out his frustration and showing how it is such a huge risk to welcome them in to his house. “No..we are not” Luhan denied. Chanyeol look at Luhan, waiting for an agreement for what he is going to state. Luhan then nods nonchalantly. “They are black wolves” Chanyeol said then blows out a sigh. “So.. you guys are black wolves. Black wolverines!?” he suddenly sounds firghtened, surprised yet enraptured. “...yeah” Kris answered, confused all of sudden after seeing Chen’s big smile. He almost think he became nuts after hearing such news.

 

“I mean..black wolves! That’s cool! I thought they are too old to be true, I thought they are just...a myth” he stammered. “ ‘too old’ ....“ Baekhyun repeats and scoffs. “But it is true” Chanyeol says, he smiles in an understanding way towards his long lost friend, Chen. “Black wolves!” Chen shouts, jolting everyone in the room. Sehun quickly catch a glance to the outside, where he found Leina still playing with the kids.

 

“Shh.....Keep that down” Chanyeol soothes. “The girl doesn’t know it” Suho says. Chen doesn’t have any guilt in his expression, instead he look all confused. “Why? Why don’t just tell her? I think it’s something cool” Chen says. “No, it is way too risky” Luhan quickly said. Then he began to explain how that her brother is an Angelo and other stuff.

 

“Great” Chen said sarcastically after he finished. Chanyeol then got up, making himself closer to Chen. He stands beside Chen uneasily, “What?” Chen asks. “Can you do me a favour? Please let us stay for one night” Chanyeol said.

 

-

 

 The claws scratch her chest slowly, giving the utmost pain through her whole body. The torture is added when she saw the red ruby eyes, the owner of the claws. Somehow, the red had pierced in to her eyes but she can’t turn away from them. She tries to scream for help, but is choked, barely a voice burst in to the air. Then she gives up, let herself being eaten by the pain.

 

However, the scene doesn’t change to any better. It is worst. She sees her parents. Even though their images are obscure in her memory, but she still could tell that they are her parents. But it’s not something nice to watch. She has to watch them dying in pain, screaming as if it helps them survive. They reach out their hands, wish if there is anyone who could help them up. A sihlouette of the creature, only the reds that shimmers, ends their dying with a single slash to both of them.

 

Leina screams, she wants to kill that creature. But all she could do is screaming.

 

Soon, she felt a hand embraces her on her hair. She opens her eyes. It was a dream. “Hey, it’s okay. It’s just a nightmare” Chen says. Leina finds herself drenched in sweat and fright. She never has that kind of nightmare before, so far it was the worst.

 

The kids are waken since they share the same room with Leina. “Noona, are you alright?” Yoogeun asking worriedly. Moogeun, on his twin’s side, shares the same expression. Leina on the other hand, doesn’t have enough breath to answer. She is exhausted and moreover, the scenes are still haunting her.

 

“Let me get you a drink” Chen says and getting up. Leina stops him by pulling his hand. “I will get it by myself” she says and unfolds the blanket that had been covered her up. She walk towards the kitchen and reaches out to get a glass from the cabinets. “Go back to your sleep” Chen says to the children and heads for outside too.

 

Chen follows behind her, watching her in a curious way. The fear had frightened her that it’s still obvious on her face. Leina came back to the living room. Making herself relieved by a sip of the water. “I’m sorry I woke you up” Leina finally says after she get back of herself. “Nah, it’s okay. Is that a common thing? You...have nightmares?” Chen says, opens up a conversation at approximately 2 o’clock in the morning.

 

“No. Last that I had before this was when I was 6” she says and puts the glass down on the table. “I don’t remember what I had dreamed at that time. What I know, just now, was terrifying” she says. The scenes then coming back to her mind which is rare since when you had a dream, you would just have an obscure memory of it. But this time, it was really clear for her.

 

The two persons stand in the room. They were still awkward to each other, they never talked before. But Leina could suspect that Chen is a good guy, and she has no doubt to know him better. “Mind telling?” Chen asked.

 

He obviously knows that it is 2 o’clock, but he doesn’t bother. It is just so hard to fall back asleep when you just woken up by a scream. But he doesn’t let that slips out from his mouth.

 

Leina then begins telling him.

 

“Creature you say?” Chen asks, only being interseted by that single fact. “Yeah...” “Well, it might be true” he says. “What? The creature?” Leina begins to be interested. Chen put on a nonchalant face. He was told before not to tell her about the guys and therefore he had decided he would never. What convince him more is when he looks at the fragile figure of Leina.

 

“Have you heard about wolves?” Chen asks, he plays innocent. “I have” she says, and my brother is one of them, but she doesn’t let herself say it. 

"It is maybe one. They have gleaming eyes" Chen told her as if he ever seen one. On the other hand, Leina haven't seen one change. Not even her brother. Leina don't give any response, she just stare the floor blankly. "Try get some sleep again. It's 4 hours until you guys have to go again" Chen said. Then it came to Leina's mind again. With or without the boys, she is still being chased. And she hasn't has an answer of what the boys' had did until they were hunted down. 

She don't bother. At least not 2 in the morning. 

Luhan watch her closely as she is starring at the rest of the boys from the inside of the house. Leina then flinch to her realization and continue to tie her shoes. "Hey, you" Luhan said sharply, makin Leina turns his way. "What's your name again?" he asked. 

"..Leina" she answered. Another shivers came to her, just like when she is with Sehun. She sense the unfriendliness. "Why are you still with us?" Luhan asked, without any other questions. He just asked straight to his point. Leina couldn't give an answer. Luhan tilt his head, only tp pressurize her even more. "Okay, let's start with where's your house?" Luhan asked. 

"......I have no house" Leina answered. "You could just live in Angelo's chamber, don't you?" Luhan squints. "What do you mean?" Leina asked. "Your brother is an Angelo. Sehun told me" he said. Leina take a surprise, she never expect Sehun would told anyone that fact. She thinks that he is the only one who knows it and he will never tell a body. 

"Yes, that's right." Leina answered, then Luhan keep in quiet. Waiting for another answer. "But I am not with them!" "I don't know what you guys have with him until you and Sehun are being so skeptic after the word 'Angelo' is called. However, I am not with them. If that's what you've been thinking" Leina said, clearly. 

"So you have no house, no place to stay. But your brother is an Angelo, and you don't live with him........." "That's hard to make sense. You might be a threat to us" Luhan said. 

"Why would I? Why Angelos are a threat to you?" Leina asked out of her confusion. "Angelos might find you. However if you stay with us, they would find us too by the time they found you. Or it could happen in another way, which is you ran away from here, telling the Angelos where we are and they would catch us later. And to your question why is he such a threat? I don't know exactly how to explain it to you, girl. Let's say, we are the group who is really against Angelo. Angelos didn't like us, so they chase us. I hope that explains your confusion all awhile" Luhan explained, in cold tone but less than what Sehun has. 

Leina just stare at the wall, she doesn't know what to do. "And for the time being, you MUST stay with us. At least, it will buy us more time until Angelos find us rather than you run away to tell them. Besides, we can kill you in the end" Luhan said, sharply and blunt enough to give Leina even more shivers.

Luhan ignores her shocking and terrified face, and head to the outside with the others. She doesn't know what to do but being frightened and wanting to go home, even though she doesn't have a home to return to. She quickly pack her stuff and ready to run away from that place. At least she remembers where is the direction of that endless fench, well at least she gets a hunch.

When she manages to open the back door of the house, someone reached her other arm. "Where do you think you're going?"  the coldest voice said, as he grab her hand hardly. Leina turn her head in shock and quickly, only to see the prince ice's eyes pierce in to her eyes. "I-I....."

"In the movies, those who like to sneak out and run away are usually villains" Sehun said in a cold tone, shifting his sight to the door behind her. Although their eyes don't meet, the chill of the shivers stay the same to Leina. "Now, tell me your bad deeds" Sehun said. 

Instead of refusing, Leina manages to rage. "Why did you tell that guy my brother's identity?!" she asked, half whispering. "oh, Luhan?" Sehun raise a brow. Unexpectedly, their conversation attract the other boys that they began to come behind Sehun. "Why so afraid with me telling him?" Sehun said, raising his volume, making sure the others heard him. 

"If it's true that you have nothing to hide, you wouldn't be that scared of us knowing. Isn't it?" Luhan added. "What's with her brother?" Baekhyun asks cluelessly. "Her brother...is an Angelo" Sehun said, his eyes pierce directly to hers. It is not just fright that comes to her, but also hatred. She hates him for telling her things straight-out. He definitely isn't someone she could trust. 

Baekhyun and D.O gasp at the statement, moreover Chayeol who jump slightly making an 'O' shape from his mouth. Suho and Kris just keeping it cool, instead it wakes them to on guard. 

"Then we should kill her" Baekhyun snaps. Leina is even more terrified, she is shaking. Sehun notice it by the arm that he grips. "You are scared" Sehun said in low volume and skeptic tone. 

"I am..." she said shakingly. "Do you expect me to not afraid when people accuse me for doing nothing? What does my brother's identity even relate to who i am and to the hatres that you guys have? Do you think  I will stay if I have a place to return to and know that I will get these kind of treatments? You saw it by yourself don't you when Mam Grace was killed? If we decide to have some trust issues here, I should have it more. I don't know who you guys are and were, and why are you against Angelo until you have to run away like this. " She said as her tone change gradually to even more brave. 

Sehun isn't taken back, he stays still in his expression but he let her hand go. "I think, she is being real. Besides, it is still the best when she stays" Lay said gently. Leina is feeling slightly glad to have Lay there, but she couldn't help the feeling of hatred of accusations especially from Sehun. 

The atmosphere just hang there. No one gives response but mostly they're waiting for Suho's cue. 

"We're leaving in 10 minutes" he says. 


 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE !