Part 4 ☆☆☆☆

A Mermaid's Tears
The last night came it was a stormy and rainy night. Haeyeon secretly hoped Joonmyeon would still come.
 
He didn't come the previous day, and she was fine with that. She thought he needed time to talk to his girlfriend and she herself needed time to pick up her courage to....have the heart to kill...him too.
 
"Joonmyeon, are you here?" Haeyeon shouted on the surface of the water. 
 
"Yes. It's my last night here." She heard his voice.
 
"I know that." Haeyeon nodded.
 
"I'll fulfil your wish by dancing again." She added.
 
"No! Don't dance! You'll be hurt!" Joonmyeon shouted back worrily.
 
"But...that's the only way....." Haeyeon said sadly. 
 
"Only way?" Joonmyeon was curious.
 
"I have to dance in order for you to kiss me, so I won't turn into sea foam.
 
But since I saw that you have a girlfriend, you can't possibly kiss me, I ask for too much." Haeyeon said while her head dropped down.
 
"I must be so foolish right? Falling for a boy who's already taken by another girl. And selfish, because I'm asking for this when it's for my own needs." She added.
 
"It's okay, I should turn into sea foam instead. I can't do this to you Joonmyeon...." 
 
"Do what?"
 
"The witch says I need to kill you with a knife and bring your blood back, but I can't possibly do that." 
 
After telling Joonmyeon whatever she wanted to tell him, Haeyeon came out of the water and stepped onto the sand. 
 
With that sentence, Joonmyeon immediately stepped up and held Haeyeon's shoulders. 
 
"I'm sorry, I can't kiss you. I know I'm a horrible person. But I love Ji Hye so much too...."
 
Haeyeon nodded silently.
 
"So since I'm such a horrible person, why not kill me?"
 
"I...I can't....." She mouthed in response.
 
Joonmyeon laid down on the sand.
 
"Kill me."
 
Haeyeon shook her head sadly
 
"Stop hesitating okay? Please do it?"
 
"I love you Joonmyeon....." She mouthed.
 
Tears welled up in Haeyeon's eyes. 
 
"Don't cry, just pretend that it didn’t happen. You will never turn into sea foam, do you not know? So don’t cry.....my love will protect you and won’t leave you."
 
"J-Joonmyeon...." She sobbed but no voice came out.
 
"Put down your most worried and anxious heart, please just accept this fate.
I think I fell in love with you, and  I've you more than anything else."
 
"You love me?" She mouthed again. 
 
"Yes, yes I do." 
 
Haeyeon smiled ever so brightly in the middle of sobbing. 
 
"When you smile, the sun shines. It’s so dazzling that it makes me unable to speak, you know?"
 
Haeyeon's tears trickled down her cheeks.
 
"This storm that struck in the night, really seems to suit this night
But I have to watch you leave
So don’t cry, just let my love become like a memory."
 
Joonmyeon nodded.
 
"The sun is rising."
 
Haeyeon's hand shook as she lifted up the knife.
 
"Just watch the morning sun shine down, shining down just as dazzlingly as you..........." Joonmyeon said weakly. 
 
"I think my eyes are lost, now you are able to cry all you want, cry, cry........................." Joonmyeon lifelessly collapsed onto the ground, knife on his chest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~
 
A big thanks to bebaeksoon for helping me to proof-read this fic! (I love you jiapl)
 
 
 
Thanks for reading this :) Comments are appreciated ^^
 
 
 
 
Have a nice day :3
 
 
 
 
 
 
And follow me on twitter @baekhanthermic if ya want to :3 You can talk to me if you want (: