Part 3 ☆☆☆

A Mermaid's Tears
The second day soon came, and ended. Night fell.
 
Haeyeon was swimming in the shallower surface, waiting for Joonmyeon to arrive. 
 
Joonmyeon? Haeyeon thought and surfaced up the water.
 
"Hello!" Joonmyeon waved and smiled. Finally, I can see you. 
 
"I can't talk when I go on land alright?"
 
"Why?"
 
"You'll see!" Haeyeon shouted and swam towards the shore. 
 
She went up from the water, and  her tail magically turned into a pair of legs, in replace of the green, shimmering tail she had. 
 
"H-how did you do that...." Joonmyeon was amazed.  
 
Haeyeon put a finger to her lips. She made a dancing gesture, signaling to Joonmyeon that she had to dance for him.
 
"You.....want to dance.....for me?" 
 
Haeyeon nodded and smiled. 
 
"Alright!"
 
Joonmyeon sat on the soft sand, and watched Haeyeon dance around with her new legs. She looked so happy.
 
Haeyeon bared the pain as she danced. For Joonmyeon. For Joonmyeon. She thought. 
 
Joonmyeon then whipped out his phone to call his girlfriend, Ji Hye.
 
"Where are you?" He could hear over the phone.
 
"At....home?" 
 
"Oh. Can we talk?"
 
"Sure."
 
Suddenly, Joonmyeon heard a loud thump and saw Haeyeon collapsed onto the ground. 
 
"It...hurts.." Haeyeon mouthed, with no voice.
 
"What happened?" Joonmyeon rushed over to Haeyeon, throwing his phone aside and he bended over to check whether she was alright.
 
Haeyeon looked up to Joonmyeon's angelic face so close to hers. She was shocked.
 
She shook her head, and waved to Joonmyeon. She pointed to her wrist, then to the moon, then to the ground.
 
"You want me to come here at the same time tomorrow?"
 
Haeyeon nodded. 
 
"Alright!" 
 
-
 
Just like that, Haeyeon did this everyday for Joonmyeon.
 
Joonmyeon was going to move away about three days later, but she still has not been able to successfully ask a kiss from Joonmyeon.
 
Every night, she would dance for him even if it hurt, and it was lucky that she was able to go into the water in time. 
 
She wants to ask for a kiss, but she's embarrassed, what would he think of her?
 
She's just a person he just met, he couldn't have developed any feelings for me, besides- Haeyeon was a mermaid, and he was a human.
 
-
 
The third last night came. Joonmyeon came again. 
 
"Hello Haeyeon~" He greeted happily.
 
"How are y-" A pair of hands covered Joonmyeon.
 
"Yah!" The person let go of Joonmyeon and out him down.
 
"What are you doing here?! With another girl?! Are you crazy?!"
 
"Oww...." Joonmyeon groaned while rubbing his head.
 
"What's....with you...." Joonmyeon said without looking up to see who the person was.
 
"Yah!"
 
With that, Joonmyeon came to his senses and looked up.
 
"Ji Hye?!"
 
"Yes! It's me! What are you doing here?!"
 
Joonmyeon hit his own forehead in realization. 
 
"Oh, don't get me wrong, I was just..........."
 
"Cheating on me?!"
 
"No......meeting a....friend......."
 
"She must be so much prettier than me, so much nicer than me, so you decided to ditch me, huh?!"
 
"No....Ji Hye don't get me wrong, don't-" Joonmyeon begged while tugging on her arm.
 
"No! It's over between us!"
 
"Ji Hye..."
 
"Don't come back crawling to me again!"
 
Ji Hye walked away angrily while Joonmyeon shook his head and walked back to the beach.
 
Eh? Where was Haeyeon? She was nowhere in sight..... He thought.
 
Little did he know, she saw the whole scene of Joonmyeon and his girlfriend fighting, and she thought she was the whole cause of this. She was so hurt that she went back to the ocean.
 
-
Haeyeon, without any other choice left, decided to go to see the sea witch for solutions.
 
"You want me to help you again?" The sea witch raised an eyebrow. 
 
"Yes, b-because I c-can't ask for a kiss from him, and my legs hurt so much when I have to dance. I don't want to turn into sea foam......." Haeyeon replied.
 
"H-he also has a girlfriend....and I think I'm the cause of them separating." She added. 
 
"Hmm.....then I have a plan." An evil smile crept up on the sea witch's face.
 
"What is it?"
 
"You must kill the prince and bring a knife with his blood on it before dawn. That way, you would not become sea foam anymore."
 
"W-Why?"
 
"Well you said you needed my help. There. Now go."
 
Haeyeon gasped and sadly swam away while the sea witch cackled.