Part 1 ☆

A Mermaid's Tears
"First one to reach the beach wins!"
 
"Ready? Set? Go!"
 
Joonmyeon and Jongdae ran at the speed of lightning to the direction of the beach, Joonmyeon soon increased his speed and overtook Jongdae in the end. 
 
"Okay, you win!" Jongdae admitted defeat. I at sports anyway. He thought.
 
"I'll go get some ice cream then! Join ya later bud."
 
Joonmyeon nodded and walked towards the direction of sea.
 
It was a perfect bright and sunny day in the summer, and Joonmyeon and his best friend Jongdae were relaxing at the beach for summer vacation.
 
The water was clear blue and it was sparkling under the Sun. It was really clear and the waves were calm. He ran excitedly towards the sea.
 
Joonmyeon put his slippers away and sank his feet into the cool wet sand near the water. It felt so nice and cooling to the skin.
 
The water washed onto the sand and Joonmyeon smiled. He loved going to the beach.
 
He decided to take a dive in as the sun was scorching hot at the moment.
 
He wanted to forget all the problems he had at the moment. He dragged his best friend Jongdae along to his beach house because he wanted to take a break from his clingy girlfriend, Ji Hye.
 
He loved her a lot, and she loved him a lot, but he thought they needed some personal space, so she allowed him to go on a break without her. 
 
He groaned when his phone rang, it must be her calling again. He slipped it in his bag and ran to the water.
 
 
"Hae yeon, go and get some seaweed in the seaweed garden." My mother instructed me.
 
I nodded. I never denied her requests.
 
I took my fork- in case if any sharks wanted to eat me for lunch- and I set off to the shallower part of the ocean, as we mermaids usually live deep down in the ocean where no one can spot us. (A/N: The fork=you know the spear-like things that mermaids carry? Yeah it's not the one where you use it to eat with hahaha) 
 
People would say mermaids are not real, and I would like to keep people's beliefs that way.
 
Because what if they find out we're real? What if they think we're weird because we have a tail instead of two legs? And what if we become extinct?
 
That's why we must be very careful when we go  up the surface to take a breath, mermaids can sense humans.
 
So if we don't sense anything, and if we think there's no one around swimming, we quickly use up five seconds to take a huge breath and go down the ocean again. 
 
Oh- I've reached the seaweed garden. The sun's shining bright- so I figure it's the afternoon right now? 
 
The seaweed garden was well..just green and full of seaweed. Not like your typical garden with pretty flowers of different kinds and colours, nope.
 
I plucked a few seaweeds, but suddenly I felt a prescence above me. 
 
I close my eyes, and stuck my fork up, unfortunately I couldn't scream because- how the hell do you scream in water?
 
Oh it was a shark....almost entered death's door there.
 
Ugh. No more fork to be used. Die shark. Die. I watched as it sank into the ocean floor, blood trailing up. Ew.
 
I turned around and realised I needed to take a breath.
 
I looked around and I made sure there weren't any human legs or anything, and I knew I was far from the shore and at the 'don't swim here' line, so no one could spot me right?
 
I surfaced the water, and took a huge breath in. I went back down, hoping that no one saw my shimmering tail in the water surface.
 
-
 
Eh? What's that? Joonmyeon looked into the distance. I swore I saw a glimpse of blonde coloured hair there. 
 
Joonmyeon swam and swam, not noticing that he went into the 'no swim zone' at all.
 
He dived into the ocean, and wanted to find that 'thing', although it wasn't really a thing, maybe a girl, but what would a girl do over here?
 
Joonmyeon looked below and saw the seafloor full of seaweeds, wow. 
 
He saw some pretty fishes swimming by, but suddenly saw a shimmering, green tail moving around amongst the seaweed. 
 
Joonmyeon followed the tail and swam after it.
 
-
 
Oh no. I feel a presence. I must swim faster so the shark can't eat me.
 
I grabbed the seaweed tightly and swam with all my might.
 
Oh no. The presence is getting closer! What to do? I'll be shark lunch!