Kaisoo + Zitao & Minseok's Sufferings

Bedtime Bugs

 

Managing a pack is very tiring, Jongin learned. You have to handle any territorial problems with outside wolves. You have to make sure everyone's well fed. You have to make sure none of the arguments between the members get put of hand, which means plenty of intervention. You have to be the first one to get up, and make sure everyone's ready for the day. He doesn't mind leading the hunt, but some of the older members don't really take him seriously.
  Plus, with the additional of new members, each of them seem to have some kind of weird habit even worse than than Baekhyun's obsession with face drawing. Luhan, although one of the eldest, was definitely one of the worst. It's one thing to sneak into the humans' little town, it's another to wander around another pack's territory.
  So he felt very thankful when he was finally able to rest his head on a pillow. To be able to rest on his comfortable bed, after such a long tiring day. With his beautiful yet quiet mate by his side, he relaxed and felt happy.
  Unfortunately, it was short lived. For Kyungsoo that is.
  Kyungsoo knows how tire his mate could be at the end. But sometimes he wished that his mate's rest won't cost his own.
  He barely slept fifteen minutes, when he's nudged awake. The first time it happened, he was surprised and sat up immediately only to see Jongin murmuring incoherently in his sleep while nudging him repeatedly. Groaning, he went back to sleep, only to be awaken minutes later and the cycle repeats.
  He's tired, Kyungsoo tells him. But sometimes, he just want to push the younger off the bed. Tell him to sleep on the couch or something. Kyungsoo needs his beauty sleep, if he's expected to make breakfast for twelve wolves the next morning.
 
***
 
Zitao and Minseok are the only fortunate ones who doesn't share a bed with one another. In fact, they don't even have a bed, they both sleep in their wolf form in the living room, guarding the house. It helps that they're light sleepers, and are alert at all times.
  The downside of it all are being wolves provide them with exceptional hearing. While its good for guarding, it's not exactly nice to hear the other members sweet talking their mate, or making out. Sometimes, the , the grunting, becomes too much that Minseok had to step out and sleep outside. Zitao on the other hand, tried earmuffs but that only minimize the volume. Plus the earmuffs broke when he's in his wolf form.
  The two had been there when Jongdae and Yixing had gotten together, and the couple was not always loud. They were sickening since Yixing has a tendency to do his best to please his mate as much as possible. But they were never obnoxious with each other.
  Now with the additional of six other members. The couple stuff tripled. Kris is apparently a bastard who can't keep his hands off his mate. Luhan kept testing Sehun's boundaries. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol like to tease each other endlessly. Even Jongdae and Yixing seemed to become worse by constantly giving each other pecks. Jongin and Kyungsoo were rarely seen to do those couple stuff only cause Jongin is busy. But when they're together, things get loud.
  It's worse during heat time. That time both Minseok and Zitao will venture out into the woods, to stay away from the couples. They would only return when the sun rise or the heat is over.
  But nowadays, there are threats of other wolves around, and both Minseok and Zitao has to stay home, and be on the look out at night. It wasn't hard to stay awake, but it was hard to keep listening. They could just hear someone and neither wants to know who. Zitao would try to keep ears folded by wearing a hat at times but its not comfortable. Minseok tried to make a fort out of cushion, but that only works with the couple in the room opposite the leaving room, not the one next to it.
  The next morning, when the others are up, the two wolves are found sleeping soundly in the living room. If they're lucky, the others would be left alone. But luck was not on their favor, as they are immediately shaken awake for breakfast or whatever planned for the day.
  It came to a point where Minseok snapped at Jongdae who was waking him up that day.
  "Let me sleep, you freaking jackass!"
 
***
 
Finally, this ends. What'd you think? I'm not really satisfied with it, but it's done. Yes, I finally finished a short chaptered story. *cheers*
Any grammatical and/or spelling errors are not completely my fault.
Oh, and just so you know. These are their wolf status :
 
Minseok : Beta
Zitao : Omega
Baekhyun : Omega
Chanyeol : Alpha
Jongdae : Beta
Yixing : Beta
Luhan : Beta
Sehun : Alpha
Yifan : Alpha
Joonmyun : Omega
Jongin : Alpha
Kyungsoo : Omega
 
Thank you to all the readers, subscribers, commenters and voters for this story. This is a just side story for the main story.
The main story shows how the two packs combined and how Jongin became the alpha. This story shows how a former alpha lost his status as an alpha to the wolf who became his mate.
But first, I need a story title. Any ideas?
 
Again, thanks for reading :)