Mr. Dream Boy

Fanboy meets Author.

Chapter 16:  Mr. Dream Boy

 

My thoughts are distorted from the bloodcurdling chain of events, but now, there is one thing I am certain of and that is I am now more relieved now that Hye Su is safe with me. Completely overwhelmed, tears start to fall from my eyes. When she ran away and I couldn’t find her, I didn’t know what to do, I felt useless—delinquent, even.

 

With a raggedy voice, I tell her my true feelings. “I was so scared.” and I lean closer to her, “So scared that something terrible might happen to you.” and our lips touch.

 

Butterflies rumble down my stomach that feels exactly just like… like my dream about a month ago. Now it all makes perfect sense… that simple connection I had with her before I even met her... I can't be—... I can't possibly be—

 

My eyes open and I see her eyes wide, completely stunned… I myself can’t even find the right words to say.

 

What were you thinking Kris?! She’s probably thinking of running for the hills right now.

Scared that she might run away again, I pulled her in to my arms and gripped her firmly but she doesn’t hug back.

 

“Please don’t be scared... Please don’t run away again. I’m sorry, I… I—”

 

She pinches my cheek. “Ouch!” She giggles and throws her arms around me. “Y- You’re not mad?” she tightens her hug and I am reassured. For another minute, I hold her tight; nuzzling her hair and seizing the moment because I know… I know it might take a while before I see her again since we both live in different cities. If only I wasn’t Kris Wu then maybe, Hye Su and I could be… possible but we just debuted and we have so much training and work to do.

 

I release her and entwined my fingers with hers and to my relief she doesn’t complain. We then walked out of the alley we were hiding from and cautiously went back to the dorm.

 

When we got back the others weren’t home yet. “Are you hungry?” I ask her and she nods in response. Because I am not confident with my cooking skills I immediately grabbed the phone and made a quick call to make delivery arrangements. The call lasted longer than usual since I had to decide what to order for everyone, we usually make concessions through voting… but tonight, it’s just me.

 

Every now and then I’d look over the couch where Hye Su has been motionlessly sitting and crestfallen since we got back. I’ve never seen her like this… she may be mute but she’s always jolly. The glimmer in her beautiful eyes is gone and is replaced by glumness, and her lips are pressed to a hard line.

 

I am never good at consoling others… but I think, right now, it’s better for her to have someone by her side. I may not have the right words to say but I want to be there beside her during her rough days and let her cry on my shoulders if she has to.

 

“Yeah, that’s all. Right, 30 minutes? Alright. Thanks.” I hung up and rushed to her side.

 

She doesn’t move and continues to stare blankly at one corner. “Hye Su-ssi” I nudge her slightly hoping to get a response but there was nothing… not even a flinch.

 

The deafening silence and her inscrutable expression is driving me insane!!! I dropped my head into my hands thinking of possible ways to snap her out of the melancholic state she is in right now.

 

I move in front of her and knelt to level myself and started making the derp-est of the derp-est face I could make. For about five minutes, I knelt there in front of her looking hideous but not even one facial muscle of hers moved.

 

I let out a deep sigh to my resign. ‘What am I going to do now?’ I ask myself. With every passing moment, my heart sinks seeing her like this.

 

I sit back again beside her and stretched out. What is she even thinking about? Damn, if she needs a hug I am here! If she needs a shoulder to cry on, I am here! She doesn’t have to act this way. I feel so useless. I grunt in frustration.

 

She stoops down her head that was immediately followed by weeping sounds. My eyes widen in panic and I feel a pang in my chest. She’s crying! No. No. No! Stop crying my dear, Hye Su.

 

I immediately nestle her in my arms and slowly rocked her back and forth. “Hye Su, please stop being like this. This is too much for me to take in. This is supposed to be a wonderful day… remember? I’m sorry if it turned out this way… I didn’t know that Lee Soo Man sunbaenim is your… your… grandf-” She bawled harder and I couldn’t finish my sentence anymore. “I’m sorry…” Damn, why do I at consoling others?

 

“Shhh, I’m here. You can cry as long as you want. I will be here for you, my dear.” I hold her closer and I start her hair hoping it will help calm her.

 

After a few more minutes of continues sobbing, her breathing eventually evened out and seems to have collected herself again. “Are you feeling better?” she nods while leaning on my shoulder.

 

Her hair is disheveled because she was using it as a curtain to hide her crying face from me so I combed it using my hands only to see her bloodshot eyes and I feel another pang in my chest.

 

This must be so hard for her… seeing her grandfather for the first time in a long time and having to have ended that way… it must’ve pained her so much to have those memories flooding in.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

Hye Su propped up almost immediately, her eyes wide, afraid it might me Soo Man sunbaenim again. I move past the door and peeked through the peep hole and sighed in relief, it was the delivery boy. I darted my eyes to Hye Su and gave her a reassuring smile. She dropped her shoulders and heaves a sigh.

 

Hye Su assiduously helped out in preparing the food, laying them out presentably as if it were to be judged also, the plates and cutlery were prepared neatly; I must say I am impressed. Chanyeol will be very happy with this set-up since he has been trained with proper table manners; he’ll surely start lecturing us about the do’s and don’ts later. 

 

Hye Su seems to be enjoying herself with what she’s doing so I snuck up to my cell phone and tried calling Suho hyung. They’ve been out for so long, where are they? Are they alright? On the second ring, I heard set of keys jangling outside. I didn’t hang up, instead I stared at the door waiting for it to open.

 

“We’re home!!” Sehun shouted and I exhale. I didn’t notice I was holding my breath in anticipation to whoever the person is behind the door. Jeez, with the chain of events today I think I won’t be opening doors for a while.

 

I slid my phone back in my pocket and walket towards them. “Yah! What took you guys so long?”

 

“We had to make sure we completely lost them before coming back here. It would be disastrous if the media finds out what happened in that alley.” Xiumin says matter-of-factly. I heave a sigh. “I’ve ordered dinner. Let’s go eat.” I mutter.

 

Everyone stormed in the dining area amazed by the presentation of the foods. “Wha!! This is looks so awesome! You prepared this Hye Su-ssi?” Sehun cries out and Hye Su nods.

 

I stand on one corner and study the scene. It’s a wonderful scene, everyone looks so happy like nothing chilling happened earlier. Suddenly, I envision myself standing here, on the same corner admiring Hye Su serving food for our kids. I giggle at the thought and I feel my heart flutter. I wonder what would they be like? Would they be smart? Respectful? Oh, I hope they grow up athletic like their father. I chortle a little before I snapped out of my reverie. Hye Su is poking my arm with one brow up looking extremely endearing.

 

She giggles and I go red.

 

Jeez, what am I thinking about! No, why was I thinking of that? I can’t possibly be that… attracted to her. That’s impossible. I shake my head and look at her absorbedly for a moment “Or am I?” the words escape my mouth before I could even stop them from coming out. My mouth falls open and I shut it immediately to avoid spilling more of my garbled thoughts. She looks completely curious by my deed but I pretend not to notice her prying eyes.

 

I put my arm around her and we join the group.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KYAAAA!!! I'M BACKKKK!!! Sorry if it took me so long to update :))))) I wuv u guys lololololol omg I'm going crazy. =)))

Please let me know what you think of this chapter :) 

 

-DCx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------