Distracted.

Fanboy meets Author.

Chapter 2: Distracted

 

I borrowed five alarm clocks. From Suho and Baekhyun hyung, Tao, Sehun and Lay to make sure I'd be up by 7 am.

 

"Woah, this is the first time I've seen you this determined to wake up early! Anything you'd like to share?" Suho asked. "Maybe he's going out on a date" Luhan said butting in.

"No, there is nothing to share and there is no date." I tried to look at them with convincing eyes hoping they'd buy it. Lay scoffed but Suho hyung was persistent. "Hyung, I swear. It's nothing! I'm just a man starting to change." I said shrugging my shoulders.

He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrow "Sure. Sure.. if you say so." He said then left.

There wasn't really anything special tomorrow. What I said to Suho and Lay was true. I wasn't going on a date I just wanted to see her next blog entry before leaving for rehersals tomorrow.

 

Evening came, morning followed we were scheduled for training at 9 am. My plan on waking up early was successful thanks to those alarm clocks but Luhan wasn't so happy about it.

 

I opened my laptop and waited for it to load. After the start up I immediately opened the browser and clicked on the only bookmarked page on the list.

 

I carried on with my agenda and read her next entry.

 

Undaunted, I venture myself out in the open heedless of their impending condemnation. There are nights when I experience night terrors; I dream of their endless cries degrading my esteem but there is this man that I dream of. He reached out for me and protected me from their erroneous accusations that stab me like a sword. His features were vague due to the clutter of people around us, but I thank him. I thanked him for his kindness. When I woke up I was in tears, not because I was being denounced but because when will I ever find such man? Is there even such? Or will he only exist in my dreams?

 

Who is this woman? She entices me and her words seem to touch me. "Better than any other inspirational books that I have read." I thought to myself again.

 

The day went on as scheduled, I tried my best to focus with the dance steps being taught but at the back of my mind my thoughts dawdled at her words. Her choice of words.

 

 Snapped out of my thoughts when Baekhyun nudged me. "Kris, this is your part."

"Oh." I said not realizing that we were already practicing growl.

 

I shook my head trying to clear everything out and put my attention to our practice. "Mulleoseoji anheumyeon dachyeodo molla"

I sung my part and everything went smoothly after that.

 

Practice ended by noon, I was packing my things when Yeol approached me. "Hyung, that was the first time I saw you distracted during practice."

While folding my used shirts I responded "I was thinking about what to eat for dinner."

 

Yeol, being the reaction king of the group laughed loudly catching the attention of everyone. I looked around and flashed an awkward smile while patting Yeol's shoulder "Oh, you know Chanyeol, always laughing even at the smallest things." I chuckled a little for my reaction look genuine, luckily everyone bought it. I didn't want others hovering over my thoughts.

 

After training everyone was craving for bubble tea so we went to the nearest branch and swamped the place. When we got back to the dorm everyone was already feeling sleepy. The others were fighting over the shower and some just went to their rooms not wanting to be disturbed.

 

Meanwhile, in our room Luhan was busy changing when he noticed that I was still in my training clothes, sticky and unraffled about it.

"Hyung, aren't you going to change yet?" He asked.

"Nah, maybe a little later. I just need to check on something" I said grabbing my laptop from the side table.

"You borrowed five alarm clocks last night just to check on a blog, 7 am in the morning. What's so interesting about that blog anyway?" he asked jumping to my bed.

"Why are you sneaking around me? I just like to read that's all." I said pushing him away unil he fell to the floor, first. I laughed.

"Aigoo! That hurts!" he said crawling to his bed. "You like inspirational books."

"It is inspirational."

It inspires me to know more about her. It inspires me how she still manages to get up and shake everything off and cling to her faith when everything seems to be against her.