Staying Postive

Eternal

"Onew hyung, are you sure Naeun will like these?" Taemin pointed to the pink and blue pairs of socks hanging on the wall.

"I don't know, Taemin. Do you think she'll like them?" Onew asked.

Taemin shrugged his shoulders and let out a deep breath. "I think she'll like them. Let's get them and then head on to the couple T-shirts." 

Taemin and Onew had spent most of their Sunday morning at various stores shopping for couple accessories for Naeun and Taemin, as well as the occasional bracelet Onew would buy for Jessica. Taemin wanted to surprise Naeun with these presents. 

After Taemin had gathered the inexpensive yet cute accessories for Naeun and him, he led Onew to a music  store. 

"Annyeong haseyo, ajhusshi." Taemin bowed. Onew imitated Taemin, confused as to why Taemin had taken him here.

"Taemin, come in. What do you need?" A man smiled at Taemin. 

"May I borrow a piano? I only need it for today." The man nodded and carried a portable piano to Taemin.

"You can unfold this and then plug it into an outlet to use it." 

"Komapseumnida! Here, please take this." Taemin handed money to the man.

"Taemin, it's alright. You come here often. I don't need anything. Consider it as your very early birthday present." The man chuckled.

"Aniyo. I would rather you give me something else for my birthday." Taemin said, placing the money in the man's hands. "Annyeong! Thank you again!" 

The man sighed and waved to Taemin. 

As they walked to an adjacent bus stop, Onew frowned. "Yah, why do you need a piano?" 

"I want to sing to Naeun after I give her these. I want to have some fun with Naeun, hyung. She's probably feeling melancholy with all the treatment and depressing news she hears. Naeun would want to enjoy all she can." Taemin explained.

"Omo! That's so cute! Taeminnie, you're growing up!" Onew ruffled Taemin's hair, as he backed away. 

~~~

Naeun hummed quietly as a nurse injected a liquid into her. She winced and then began to feel drowsy. In seconds, she was out. 

Mrs.Son suddenly smiled at the sight of Naeun and walked out only to collide into Taemin. 

"Oh, jwesonghamnida." Taemin bowed. 

"It's alright. How are you, Taemin? Here, let me help you with these. What is this?" Mrs.Son said. 

"I'm well. I can handle this. These are couple accessories. I thought Naeun would like them, so I bought them. If you do not like me, then I can take them back." Taemin smiled sheepishly. 

"No, no, no. That will not be necessary." Mrs.Son said. "Taemin, you are family. You are liberal to do whatever you want near me." 

"Ne. Is Naeun awake?" Taemin asked.

"She should be by now. A nurse injected something into her and she became a bit drowsy. However, she should be awake. The injection was intended to knock her out for a while." Mrs.Son moved out of the way so Taemin could step inside.

"I'll be back, Taemin. I need to sign a few papers for Naeun." Mrs.Son called. Taemin nodded and went closer to Naeun to see if she was awake. 

"Oppa?" Naeun blinked a few times to make her vision clear.

"Naeun, you're awake. Can you sit up?" Taemin question. Naeun nodded and Taemin raised the bed with the row of buttons attached to the wall. 

"Naeun-ah, look what I brought you!" Taemin opened the plastic bag and diffused the several items in front of Naeun.

"Oppa, what is all this?" Naeun exclaimed. 

"It's all for you and me! Couple accessories." Taemin said. He showed her the couple T-shirts, bracelets, socks, key chains, hats, and posters of the two. 

"Komawo. Stop doing all this for me. I have nothing to give to you." Naeun complained.

"You are here. That is all I need." Taemin smiled.

"Yah, why are you so cheesy?" Naeun giggled. 

"It's true!" Taemin confessed.

"What is that?" Naeun gestured towards the portable piano. Taemin's eyes lit up.

"I almost forgot!" He began to open the portable piano and set it up. He plugged into an outlet and began to play. Gradually he began to sing.

"eereol ddaereul bomyeon na origineun hangabwa nun ape dugodo ojji hal jul molla
Eotteohke deul sarangeul shijakhago itneunji saranghaneun saramdeul marhaejwoyo

eonjenga geunyeo soneul jaba bol nal olkkayo, Gameun du nun wi.ae kiss haneun naldo wajulkkayo

 

 Hello Hello."

Naeun clapped along to the beat and unintentionally began to sing as well. Taemin smiled and sang "Hello Hello", while she sang the rest. 

 "Nareumdaero yonggil naessoyo"
 "Hello Hello" 

"Jamshi yaegi hallaeyo"

 "Hello Hello "

"Naega jom sodooljin mollado"

 "Who knows eojjeom urin 
 Jal dwaeljido molla" They ended together. 

"That was fun! Oppa, can I play now?" Naeun pleaded. Taemin hesitated.

"Naeun, are you sure you can play?" 

"Ne." Naeun nodded and began to play the beginning notes of Girls' Generation's "Gee".

She began to sing the ballad version of the song.

eomu neomu meotjyeo nuni nuni busyeo
Sumeul mot swigesseo tteollineun girl
Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby
Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby 

Oh neomu bukkeureowo chyeoda bol su eobseo
Sarange ppajyeosseo sujubeun girl

 Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby
Gee Gee Gee Gee Be Be Be Be Be Be

Eotteoke hajyo

 Eotteok eottokhajyo
 Tteollineun naneun 
Tteollineun naneunyo
Dugeun dugeun dugeun
 Dugeun dugeun georyeo 
Bamen jamdo mot irujyo

 Naneun naneun babongabwayo
Geudae geudae bakke moreuneun
Babo! Geuraeyo geudael boneun nan

 

Taemin clapped encouragingly and smiled. He wished to see Naeun more like this. 

"Naeun-ah, you're an amazing singer!" Taemin praised.

Naeun beamed and thanked him. "Thank you, oppa. This really made my day." 

"Really? That makes my day." Taemin smiled. "Naeun-ah, I have to go. Sunny noona might be worrying about me. Also, I may not be able to visit tomorrow. I have to hand in a lot of assigments and study for my exams."

"That's okay! Study hard! Tell Sunny noona I said hi!" Naeun waved to Taemin as he left and collected his portion of the couple items. 

~~~

Taemin hurriedly called Jessica and muttered, "Please pick up!" 

"Yeobo seyo?" 

"Ne. Jessica noona, it's me, Taemin. I need your help." 

"With what?" 

"Naeun's birthday is coming up. She won't be able to leave the hospital, so I want do something super special." Taemin informed Jessica.

"That's excellent! What are you planning? Can Krystal and I help? Luna might want to help, too." 

Taemin grimaced at the idea of Luna helping and continued speaking. "Well, I was thinking about a lot of things, really. So, can we meet at my house later and we can discuss all the possibilities of my ideas?" 

"Sure. I'll inform Luna and Krys. Bye!" 

"Bye!" Taemin hung up with a suddenly hyper and energetic. He hoped to make Naeun's birthday the best she ever had. 

Author's Note:

Hi chingus! Sorry for the late update.

Are you eager to see Taemin's plans for Naeun's birthday? 

Look forward to the following chapters! ;) 

Thank you for the lovely comments!^^

The songs sung by Taemin and Naeun were: SHINee's Hello and SNSD's Gee

Links:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/shinee/hello.html 

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/shinee/hello.html

http://snsdforever993.blogspot.com/p/snsd-gee-lyrics-englishromanization.html