~ I'd be rather Hurt than feel Nothing At All~

Rumors of The Right Path ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously: Taecyeon, Fany and Krystal attended Ho Dong's Funeral. But after Fany left the cemetery, Taecyeon and Krystal stayed there. In fact, Krystal wanted to give the last message to Taecyeon from Ho Dong. There, she confessed her feelings, but because Taecyeon's life was only a mess, he tried to explain, that he's not the right one for her. But unexpectedly, Donghae and Yoona visited Ho Dong at the cemetery and saw Krystal and Taecyeon. Donghae confronted Taecyeon but he was only shocked to see them there. After a lot of provocations, Taecyeon became angry, beat his friend and left with Krystal.

Now enjoy this Chapter :D

 

"October 30
One hundred times have I been on the point of embracing her. Heavens! what a torment it is to see so much loveliness passing and repassing before us, and yet not dare to lay hold of it! And laying hold is the most natural of human instincts. Do not children touch everything they see? And I!"

Taecyeon lay on Tiffanys couch, his eyes scanned each phrase and his heart was agreeing to everything  that Werther described as Pain.
After that incident at the Cemetery, he went with Krystal to a near Cafe and tried to explain everything to her since she became some kind of a friend.
When he looked her into the eyes he could tell that she was getting uncomfortable.
Since then 2 weeks passed by and he heard nothing of Krystal nor of HER anymore. Obviously that was unavoidable.

"October 27: Evening
I possess so much, but my love for her absorbs it all. I possess so much, but without her I have nothing."

Taecyeon was getting much more excited but felt Werther's pain and sorrows at the same time.
Sometimes he even imagined himself in the protagonists position: The young Werther becomes the young Taecyeon, the young boy who eventually became a young man.  
But what was Reality? Was reality that hard and painful? Why did Taecyeon had only sorrowful memories in his life?
He began to drink alcohol as a solution to escape from that so called reality; to see what he wanted to and quit everything that related to Misery and hardships.
'Career' or 'success' wasn't in his interests anymore, only elopement was on his mind.
He depressively continued to work as a taxi driver to at least stay at Tiffanys place. She tried always to get him out of the circle but it seems to be unstoppable holding onto his heart, scratching his mental surface and stabbing him into his deep hidden soul.

"The perfect reason to die", he mumbled as he continued to read Goethe's book.
His friend opened the door and came home from her work. She was even sweating and exhausted but seeing his friend doing absolutely nothing, she got angry and fustrated, "Ya!! Dont lay there and do nothing!!"

He ignored her but not on purpose; he was too focused on Werther's attitude towards the society and his broken relationship to Lotte and Albert. How he was chosen by his fate to be caught in a difficult love triangle. But what was he supposed to prefer? Love? Friendship?

"YA!! Taec!!", he looked up at her in surprise as his eyes was becoming wider.

"Oh. Fany? you're home already?", he observed his watch, ticking each second,"I was supposed to cook today right?", he lay down the book on the table with a bookmark near the end of it.

"Aigoo! Neh!.. What should I do with you?!", she threw her arms to the air and let herself fall onto the couch, while he stood up and stretched himself.

"Taec.. thats not how it should be..."

"What do you mean?", he frowned, knowing that Tiffany is playing around this particular topic, "Oh, Wait.. you mean Yoona and Donghae.. this means nothing to me anymore..", walking into the kitchen.

"No. I mean YOUR Life!", she yelled to let him hear it clearly.

"Then.. whats with my life?", he stood at the kitchen's door facing his friend with a silver pan in his hand.

Tiffany was so exhausted and depressed about his friend so that she told everything what was on her mind.

"Taec, now listen to me for REAL! everything that is disturbing you to go on living is that third person between you and her, but honestly you just have one chance now!
Go on, hold onto your heats desire or go and live your life at least... Times there to give you strength but if you wait too long and hesitate too much, It will affect your path.
Yoona will might be married someday, having children and an other man.. that would be not your world but even if you'd tell hernyour feelings then, you will never be able to be with her. Then you'd stand there with nothing.
Despite of that I---", her thoughts were interrupted by a vibrating phone in her pocket.

"Yoboseyo?", she stood up and went into the toilet.

Taecyeon was deeply caught into her little speech that she was helding but was heading back to the kitchen again.

20 minutes passed...

Tiffany went into the kitchen and sat on the table next to Taecyeon who was cooking intensively, "Hey.. uhmm..a friend called me"

"chinja", unimpressed he continued making a  salad bowl.

"neh... he called me over to france to help him with his Gallery", she sighed exhausted but a sound of nervous excitement was recognizable.

"chinja??", now his voice was in shock and he turned his head to her, while stop cutting the vegetables, "For how long??"

"neh.  maybe .. 24 weeks or maybe more?", she giggled over his surprisedness.

"6 months or longer?? How can I manage all that on my own.."

"I just  called the apartment manager and told that I will leave for a long time due to work missions. So he let you have the apartment for this period while I am absent. You just have to pay for your staying but therefore search another job, it doesn't cover all the costs if you continue to work as a taxi driver...  maybe you can call a friend over to keep your company ..maybe Krystal or other friends?", she raised an asking eyebrow.

".. I lost contact to all of my friends here in Seoul since I left for the states ..", he threw two large pieces of meat on the pan.

"Then just call Krystal, you two are close, I thought", not knowing that Krystal confessed her feelings to Him weeks ago. He didnt told his friend about the kiss between him and Yoona nor did he told her about what happened at the cemetery, trying to avoid Tiffany's discussions.

"...maybe, anyways dont worry about me anymore.. tell me more about this 'friend' ", turning the meat like a pro and ordering the vegetables on the plate.

"uhmm.. his name is Choi Siwon he's nice and a french korean,.. we are just friends,okay."

"okay", he smiled and held a plate of perfectly smelling meat with a couple of fine cutted vegetables in front of her, "lets eat!"

Some days later...

"okay, dont forget to close the windows before going somewhere! and always take out the power plug out of the socket!", Tiffany warned him as a female voice announced her flight.

"Neh dont worry about me. Have a good and successful time in Parrris~", he gave her a friendly smile.

"I guess I have no other choice... Taec you big bear!", she jumped on him and hugged him tightly,"Now its me who's leaving but I hope you will do everything right! And don't drink too much soju, you hear me!"

She released the hug as he began to cough, "Aigoo~.. neh neh..".

Soon she waved at him and disappeared behind an unclear glass wall.
He walked back to his car and drove to Tiffany's apartment that became his' for the period his friend isn't there.

A dozen nights had passed without him seeing a day.
14 missing calls and a handful of messages on his phone.
He wasn't able to bear his life's pain anymore.
No newspaper company gave him a chance.

"... too unexperienced... too poetic... too less of abilities... no sense of good literature..", he murmured in an angry tone, "Aish~ I am still a human!! I'm not perfect!!", taecyeon sat on the couch with both feet propped on the table and a bottle of Cheap Soju between his legs. His condition was getting worse and worse, like the time when he was still a student. A package of little Whiskey-bottles was placed next to him.

"..dinner time", he told himself  as he observed his watch and patted the side of the bottle. Young man had consumed 3 soju-bottles and  over half the contents of this one already and was starting to feel pleasantly numb.

"..You were right Fany-ah.. I came back with holes... very large ones.. caused by being stupid and blind... they can only be filled with enough alcohol to drown in, probably..", He hesitated but before His body could protest, he shrugged and set the whiskey package on the couch before taking another swig from the open soju bottle.

..Yoona and Me wanna marry too.. you have NO son... she doesnt love you! - Donghae's words played through his head, repeating it a million times already.
Taecyeon had been unable to silence them and hoped the next bottle would do the trick.

"[..]She does not feel, she does not know, that she is preparing a poison which will destroy us both; and I drink deeply of the draught which is to prove my destruction",a bitter smirk twisted his lips and he raised the bottle in a mock toast after he quoted a passage of goethe's book.

"To you, Yoona. May you find happiness with someone who is not me", he said aloud. He took another drink, feeling pleased with his frustrated toast. Acid beer dribbled from the corner of his mouth and down the side of his throat.
He thought it was very generous of him to wish the best for someone who had stomped his heart flat but he couldn't do anything else since that particular person was his happy heart's owner, whereas the miserable part stayed in his body.

All of a sudden, someone was knocking on the door and Taecyeon threw his head back against the couch with a groan.
Ever since Tiffany went off to France, no one visited him. Why should they? Only a handful of depressed humans k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter