Ideal Type

Ideal Type

Chanyeol was getting all sweaty as he searched the living room. Bending his back here and there, he was looking for a certain item. His face did the talking for his current emotion. The two eyebrows of his were almost touching as he furrowed them together. He stood up straight as he grew tired of his bended back. Both hands on each side of his hips, he blew his hair that fell in front of his face, covering the right side of his face. "WHERE THE HELL IS THE REMOTE CONTROL?!" He let out a furious toned question and kicked the edge of the couch. He looked at the round shaped clock above the television and he grabbed his hair in frustration. He plopped himself on the couch. "IT'S GOING TO START SOON! DAMN IT!" His long legs kicked the invisible air.

 

 

Chanyeol was actually all cherry earlier when he went to the living room as he wanted to get ready to watch his favourite show on the television, Strong Heart. But the level of his happiness crumbled down when he couldn't find the remote control. He hated it when he had to search for things because he was never good at searching lost things. Yet, he was willing to search for it because there was no way that he was going to miss his favourite show on the group's free day. He ended up searching for the remote control in each corner of the living room. The couch, the table, the windows and even the dustbin. But the remote control was nowhere to be found. As they were using satellite channels, it will take forever to find the channel that aired his favourite show manually. He was not amused. Not even a bit.

 

 

"What's wrong?"

 

 

The furrow between Chanyeol's eyebrows quickly faded as a familiar soft voice caught his attention. The pupils of his eyes dilated, beaming with sudden joy. Timely, his heart started doing those funny wild beats inside again. He had always thought that the beats of the drums were the wildest beats out there. Nothing beat the beats of drums. That was until he heard the beats of his own heart. They were much wilder and crazier than any beat. The funny beats of his heart pumped his blood so much faster to the whole parts of his body. He could feel his body slowly turning red. And this heart of his would only react that way when he was there with him. His Adam's apple moved quickly as he gulped down his saliva down his throat. Acting naturally, he turned his head to the direction of the voice. His annoyed face disappeared and was replaced with his bright happy smile. "Oh hey, Kyungsoo," his deep voice greeted. Yes, his heart would only react that way for the person named Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

Kyungsoo was holding a bowl of salads in his left hand and two cans of orange flavoured drink in the other. The pair of his heart-shaped lips formed a happy smile too, replying Chanyeol's. He walked to the couch and carefully placed the bowl and the drinks on the table of the living room. He comfortably settled himself next to Chanyeol on the couch and turned to face the tallest member of their group. "I heard your voice from the kitchen. What's wrong?"

 

 

Chanyeol's lips were moving but he couldn't get the words out of his mouth. He could feel the pace of his heartbeat getting even faster, if possible. The blood was rushing to his head making him all dizzy inside. Kyungsoo was blinking his eyes at him, waiting for Chanyeol to answer him. But he was at lost for words. Out of all people, why do I have to be alone with you, Do Kyungsoo? He mentally cursed the other group members for leaving the two of them to look after the dorm.

 

 

After the shocking announcement (Jongin and Sehun were now an item) yesterday, the two youngest members were the earliest to wake up this morning to have their real first date with each other. And the leader, Junmyeon just threw the responsibility to look after their dorm to him and Kyungsoo.

 

 

'Baekhyun and I will go to the market to buy the groceries. Look after the dorm, would you?' said Junmyeon as his left eye sent a wink to Baekhyun, making Chanyeol cringed. Groceries, my ! Chanyeol cursed in his heart. He knew the two just wanted some quality time (more like double date) with certain Chinese members from their twin group, who would be waiting at a coffee house near the dorm.

 

 

Chanyeol gritted his teeth as he remembered when his roommate before they left the dorm. 'Look after the dorm and Kyungsoo, Yeol. Oh Wait. He'll take care of you instead.' Baekhyun stuck his tongue out and ran out the house quickly before Chanyeol could lay his finger on his roommate. Just wait until you get back home, Baekhyun!

 

 

Kyungsoo grew concern at Chanyeol's static condition. He placed his left palm on Chanyeol's right thigh. "Chanyeol-ah, you okay?"

 

 

Chanyeol snapped out from his own world when he felt a shiver ran down through his spine. His eyes dropped to Kyungsoo's hand which was on his thigh. His eyes widened so much. HOLY ! He quickly jumped in his seat to break the contact. "I'M FINE!" He blurted loudly. He could still felt the heat of Kyungsoo's hand on his clothed skin. Seeing how wide opened were the smaller male's eyes, the taller male knew that Kyungsoo was shocked by his bizarre reaction so he naturally cleared his throat. "I-I was just looking for the remote control," he managed to change the atmosphere by answering Kyungsoo's previous question. "I can't find it anywhere." He was now secretly thanking the remote for being missing.

 

 

"Oh?" Kyungsoo's shocked expression softened immediately. "The remote control?" His right index finger found its way to his chin. He tapped the skin right under his mouth and changed the motion to rub his lower lip.

 

 

The small movements increased the pressure on Chanyeol's chest. He knew that it might be cliché whatsoever but damn, everything was playing in slow motion. He couldn't help himself but to stare at the way Kyungsoo's trail his beautiful lean forefinger against his plump red lower lip. Quickly, the older boy shut his eyes tightly and started to count sheep deliberately. One sheep, two sheep, three sheep...

 

 

"Ah!" The one word managed to make Chanyeol to open his eyes at Kyungsoo again. Kyungsoo had his happy face on just like a 5-year-old kid found his lost toy. The younger smiled widely at the latter. "I think I know where it is," he told the tall boy.

 

 

Chanyeol blinked his doe eyes at the boy who just had his haircut recently. He must admit that the new haircut on Kyungsoo made him much more adorable. Well, at least in Chanyeol's eyes. He knew that Kyungsoo wasn't fond of long hair and neither did Chanyeol. But the hairstylist noonas did not show him mercy as they did for Kyungsoo. And he really think that the noonas were having fun playing with his hair. They would ridiculously curl his hair or straighten it or even tie it high, making him looked like some yakuza member. But he decided that he hated his curled hair the most. "You do?"

 

 

Instead of replying his question, Kyungsoo threw another smile that nearly made the older boy choked on his breath. He abruptly kneeled down to the floor and bended his back. His eyes quickly searched the space between the couch and the floor. A smile crawled onto his face. He carefully slid his left hand between the spaces while the other hand supported his weight. "Almost there," he blurted and slightly wrinkled his forehead. The wrinkles disappeared in few seconds after that. He quickly stood up and held up his left hand. In his left hand was the thing that Chanyeol had been looking for. The remote control. "Here you go."

 

 

"Wh-what? But how-" Chanyeol was definitely shocked that he stuttered badly. He searched everywhere in the living room just now, didn't he? He was hundred percent sure that the couch was the first place he searched but he found nothing. And here was Kyungsoo with the thing he was looking for like thirty minutes. He didn't know how Kyungsoo was able to do that. Well, that added another point to his why-kyungsoo-is-perfect list. "How did you know that it's there?" Chanyeol held out his two hands, still puzzled and amazed. Mostly amazed.

 

 

"Well," Kyungsoo thoughtfully paused before he started to analyze the situation like an investigator. "I didn't watch the TV yesterday. For Junmyeon hyung and Baekhyun, they were at the coffee shop and only got back by ten o'clock. And you were back late too, right? So, the only people in the dorm yesterday were Jongin and Sehun." He nodded his head.

 

 

Chanyeol tilted his head, still not getting what was the detective-like Kyungsoo talking about. "So?"

 

 

At the one word question, Kyungsoo's cheeks naturally tainted with warm rosy colour. He nervously scratched his cheek with his index finger and averted his eyes from Chanyeol. "Err, you see," he did the pause again. "When I got home from the market yesterday, I saw them. Jongin and Sehun." He awkwardly took a glance at the taller boy which was looking at him with curious eyes, telling him to continue his explanation. Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, hesitating whether or not he should say it. "On the couch," he continued as he tilted his head to the couch's direction. "Jongin was on top of Se-"

 

 

"STOP!" Chanyeol quickly cut Kyungsoo's sentence when the bulb in his head ignited while his eyes widened in shock. "I- I got it." The words faded. From Kyungsoo's unfinished explanation, Chanyeol concluded that Jongin and Sehun were making out on the couch yesterday and might be somehow dropped or kicked the remote control away. Whatever the thing was, the tall boy knew that it was a pretty intense make-out session between the two. He took a hesitated glance at the couch and shook his head. Poor couch. Maybe he should ask Junmyeon to sponsor a new couch.

 

 

Kyungsoo heaved a relief sigh that Chanyeol had interrupted his sentence. He didn't have the courage to finish it to be honest. The lips locking scenes of the youngest members of their group were still stuck on his head and he shuddered at the flashback of it. It would need a week or more to wipe the image of it. Or should he say, to get used to it as the maknaes were officially dating each other right now. Kyungsoo brought his eyes to look at the clock and turned to look at the taller boy again. "Well, shall we watch your favourite show now?" He smiled sweetly at the taller boy before stepping a few steps forward to switch on the television and pushed on several buttons on the remote control to search for Chanyeol's favourite show. And they were just in time.

 

 

The emcees, Lee Seunggi and Kang Hodong introduced the guests of the show one by one. "And lastly, our shining guests, SHINee!"

 

 

"Hello! We are shining SHINee!" The quintet introduced themselves, receiving loud response from other guests and the audience.

 

 

"It's SHINee!" Kyungsoo straightened his back and pointed at the television as the contemporary group of five members was shown on the screen. SHINee just had their comeback with Sherlock awhile ago and when they ended their promotion, EXO had just debuted back then.

 

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he heard the excitement in Kyungsoo's voice over their seniors. He took a glance at the younger boy who was sitting so close to him. His eyes grew larger as he saw Kyungsoo's eyes shone like he had seen the most precious things on the television. He knew Kyungsoo had always respected SHINee, especially the leader of the group, Onew. His heart clutched tightly. Was he being jealous over his seniors? He brought his eyes back on the television, silently sighing.

 

 

The show went on. Some of the guests talked about the hardship of being a celebrity. From the words that came out from the guests, living a life as a celebrity was not as easy as people could see. After they officially debut as a celebrity, the public was their new owner. They didn't belong not only to themselves but also the fans. They need to be cautious about every single thing they do and say because each of them will either bring fame to them or bad names in the showbiz.

 

 

Back on the couch, Kyungsoo nodded his head in agreement at the words. The hardship of being a trainee before they could debut as a singer was still lingering around him. And he was sure he was not the only one who felt that way. He secretly took a glance at the older boy beside him who was watching the television with his eyes widened. Compared to Chanyeol, he was only trained for two years along with Baekhyun. The other members trained longer and Junmyeon was the member with the longest training years among them. All the sweats and the tears they shed were not little. Kyungsoo smiled bitterly. Naturally, his hand found its way to the older boy's hand and held it tightly.

 

 

Chanyeol's eyes went wide. His heartbeat accelerated at the familiar, comfortable warmth on his hand. The butterflies inside his stomach started to fly again. He never felt anything like that when he was sitting with the other members of his group. Not that he had his personal space though because Baekhyun would shamelessly touch or hug him in front of public as a fanservice to whoever see them as a couple. The maknaes too were so playful that they would play with his over-styled hair and his infamous pointy ears which he did not mind at all. And the leader would always pat him (on the head, on the shoulder, on the back, on the ) like a real father even though Junmyeon was much shorter in height compared to him. Still, Chanyeol didn't mind it. But it was different with Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was always the quiet one and he never really initiated real skinship with Chanyeol. They did hold hands on stage and stood close to each other during photoshoots but that was all. He had seen Kyungsoo hugging Jongin before. And he even hugged the Chinese hyung, Luhan, from their twin group before. The last time the two of them hugged was back in the trainee days and it made Chanyeol wondered if Kyungsoo disliked to make skinship with him. But what was happening here? Why was Kyungsoo holding his hand? He sighed mutely in frustration. Why was the younger boy making him fall harder than he should? Timely, Kyungsoo let his hand go and Chanyeol couldn't help himself but to feel the lost.

 

 

The topic of the show moved on to the most unavoidable interesting topic in any talk show. "This topic can't be avoided in shows like this. It's the topic of "Ideal Type"!" Kang Hodong got all the attention of the people inside the studio. The guests of the show started to squirm anxiously in their seats while the audience started to cheer and clap loudly.

 

 

"Well, it's not fun to attack the guests. So, we shall attack our emcee first, Lee Seunggi. Who's your ideal type?" Kang Hodong naturally brought the laughter of the audience to fill the place.

 

 

Lee Seunggi didn't see that coming and he flashed his shy smile, showing his dimples. "Ey, why are you doing this to me, hyungnim?"

 

 

"Lee Seunggi! Lee Seunggi! Lee Seunggi!" The guests and the audience started to chant Lee Seunggi's name. He shyly palmed his face and brought his microphone to his mouth. "My ideal type is," he paused. "Im Yoona-sshi," he finished and covered his face in embarrassment. The audience went wild. It was well known that the young man was always fond of the member of Girls' Generation.

 

 

Kang Hodong patted Lee Seunggi's shoulder a few times. "Ah, if I'm not mistaken, Yoona-sshi has always been your ideal type, hasn't she? Do you like her that much?" Kang Hodong tried to get more info from Lee Seunggi.

 

 

Lee Seunggi looked even more flustered now. "I like her to death," he answered in almost whispering manner but still clear to every ear. His answer received so much cheer from the people in the studio.

 

 

"Wow! What an honest confession from our Lee Seunggi-sshi! Yoona-sshi, are you watching this now?" Kang Hodong commented and once again the studio was filled with happy laughter.

 

 

Kyungsoo giggled to himself. "Kang Hodong hyungnim is so funny."

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the giggling Kyungsoo with subtle looks in his eyes. He wonder if he could ever say it out loud what was inside his heart just like Lee Seunggi. It would take a lot of courage to do that in front of many eyes. Lee Seunggi sunbaenim, you're the man.

 

 

"Let's move on to our shining guests, shall we?" SHINee members were all grinning as they already ready for the question. "Now, Taemin-sshi who is prettier than flower, what are the qualities you will look into your ideal type?" Lee Seunggi asked the youngest member of the group.

 

 

Taemin was embarrassed but still trying to look calm. He had answered the same question for countless times but such question still made the youngest member nervous. "I actually look more at personality than appearance," the member answered shyly, gaining cheers from people. "Appearance would lie, but personality never lie. If the girl has pleasant personality, she's my ideal type." Taemin ended his answer with chuckles, bringing amusement to the other SHINee members that they started to laugh loudly.

 

 

"Emma Watson! Emma Watson!" Jonghyun shouted loudly, making Taemin burst into laughter of embarrassment. It was well known that Taemin liked the famous heroine of the Harry Potter series because he had mentioned it so many times in radio and magazine interviews.

 

 

"Aigoo, looks like the youngest member has become the oldest member!" Kang Hodong teased the twenty years old idol which brought the laughter out from the people again.

 

 

Kyungsoo pointed at the television screen. "Jongin most probably would laugh at Taemin too if he watched this. Taemin is cute, isn't he?" Kyungsoo commented happily.

 

 

Chanyeol stole a glance at the younger boy. Yes, Taemin is cute. But you're much more cuter.

 

 

"Next! Our flaming Minho-sshi!" And the crowd just went wild as soon as Minho's name was called.

 

 

The visual Minho flashed his bright shy smile at the audience. "My ideal girl is someone who really likes me. I would be really happy with that," he said.

 

 

"BOO~" The other SHINee members booed him.

 

 

"What?" He asked, wondering why they did that.

 

 

"That's too common, Minho-yah," Jonghyun teased the taller member, making Minho all flustered.

 

 

"Yeah, that's too common, Minho-sshi." Kang Hodong supported Jonghyun's words.

 

 

"Okay." Minho played with his fingers before he opened his mouth again. "I like older women." He shyly pressed his fist against his mouth. All the older women including the older lady guests squealed in their seats. "I feel more comfortable hanging around older women."

 

 

"That's more like it!" Lee Seunggi clapped his hands in amusement. "Next, Key-sshi!"

 

 

"Honestly," Key started his comment. He made eye contact with the camera. "I like women that are near my age." Sighs of disappointment from the older women could be heard inside the studio. "She must also be a decisive person because I like confident girl." His answer got all the girls in the studio thinking.

 

 

"Ah, as expected from our unique Key-sshi," Kang Hodong acknowledged Key's ideal type.

 

 

"May I add something to Key's ideal type?" Onew asked the permission from the emcees, gaining a glare from Key which he ignored completely.

 

 

"Yes, Onew-sshi?"

 

 

"Key's ideal girl must have muscular legs too," Onew added, making the audience to wonder why. The other SHINee members were already laughing. "Because he would take his girlfriend for hours for shopping," he finished. "He could walk the entire shopping mall and buy at least something from each store." All the guests were laughing and clapping their hands in amusement while Key was totally embarrassed at the comments and lightly hit Onew on the arm.

 

 

Kyungsoo laughed a bit loud this time. "Jinki hyung is always so funny! Jinki hyung is the best!" Chanyeol's ear perked up at the mention of Jinki hyung being the best. His heart clutched tightly. Why is he getting all jealous at a mere comment? But it was not just a mere comment for him. Kyungsoo was the one who said it. It did matter.

 

 

The question was now directed to Jonghyun. "Well, I like girls who look good in a Polo shirt." And the audience burst into laughter. "What?" Jonghyun asked. Even the SHINee members laughed at him.

 

 

"I look good in a Polo shirt too, hyung," Minho commented, making people laughed heartedly. It was his revenge on Jonghyun for teasing him earlier.

 

 

Jonghyun leaned his back against his chair, totally dumbfounded by Minho. "Aish! Ideal types are just ideal types! I'm not doing this anymore!" He jokingly crossed his arms with a fake annoyed face. The studio was filled with loud laughter.

 

 

"It looks like Minho-sshi is indirectly confessing to Jonghyun-sshi, right?" Kang Hodong made the situation even funnier. Lee Seunggi was laughing his head off. "Now, we shall listen to the most Onew (soft) leader's ideal type, Onew!"

 

 

Chanyeol felt Kyungsoo straightened in his seat. As if it had become his habit, he took his umpteenth glance at the younger boy. Kyungsoo had a cushion crushed against his chest as he held it tightly. His eyes were wide and his lips were pressed together. Chanyeol's heart tugged at the view. He knew that Kyungsoo had always admired the leader of SHINee. Kyungsoo could list all the good things about this senior of theirs all day long - how good his singing skills were while dancing, how well were his appearances in variety shows, how excellent were his imitations skills. You got the idea. It always crossed Chanyeol's mind that Kyungsoo might probably had special feelings for their senior. Heavyhearted, Chanyeol turned to look at the television again.

 

 

Onew awkwardly clapped his hands a few times before clearing his throat. "I think I'm more descriptive than my fellow member on my ideal type. I like a girl with a good personality, a very considerate person, cooks well, has pretty hands and feet."

 

 

The audience was interested at his description. "Ah. Such detailed description. In short, a noona who has pretty everything?" Kang Hodong trying his luck to get more info from the leader. Onew flashed his white teeth and nodded cutely.

 

 

"All noonas of the nation, are you watching this?" Lee Seunggi asked loudly at the camera, receiving much laughter.

 

 

"Ah, I think all the noonas of the nation is already lining up outside the studio. We need more application forms." Kang Hodong added humour to the situation. SHINee members were so amused that they laughed so loud.

 

 

Onew's words had gotten Kyungsoo thinking. "Do I cook well? Oh, I think I'm pretty considerate- wait," he paused. He quickly looked at his hands, turning them back and forth. He then removed the slippers from his feet and moved them up and down, checking them. "I don't have pretty hands and feet. Baekhyun does though." His shoulder slumped, disappointed.

 

 

Every heartbeat of his made Chanyeol's chest hurt as he heard the younger boy beside him. His fingers tightened into a fist, trying to endure the heartache. "Don't worry. You have pretty hands and feet. Like really pretty. Really," Chanyeol mumbled on his words.

 

 

"Did you say something?" Kyungsoo asked, still checking his hands and feet.

 

 

"Nothing," Chanyeol simply replied. He bit his inner cheek, lost in his thoughts. How could you say that you don't have pretty hands and feet? Everything about you is pretty. Beautiful even. At least to Chanyeol, everything about Do Kyungsoo was perfect. People might find flaws in Kyungsoo but nothing was going to change Chanyeol's decision. He had decided that even the younger boy's flaws were perfect. He took a look at the television's screen. Unknowingly, his favourite show had ended with the leader of SHINee, who was smiling so bright, being focused by the camera. His jaw tightened. "Hey, Kyungsoo?"

 

 

"Hmm?" Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows, acknowledging the question.

 

 

That's it. I have nothing to lose now. "Ask me about my ideal type."

 

 

Kyungsoo threw a confused look at the older boy. "You ideal type? Well, didn't you tell us your ideal type like multiple times already at the interviews?" He was really confused by the request. "So why now?"

 

 

Chanyeol naturally flailed his arms in the air. "Aish! Just ask me! This time I'll be honest!"

 

 

Kyungsoo tilted his head, completely bewildered by the weird behaviour of his fellow member. "Well, if you insist." Acting all interested, he settled his back against the couch and crossed his arms. "So, Chanyeol-sshi, what should your ideal type be like?"

 

 

Chanyeol nervously gulped the water in his mouth. "My ideal type is someone who sings well, dances well, beatboxes well, cooks well, and cleans well." He paused. Chanyeol had never met someone with so much talents as much as Do Kyungsoo. "My ideal type is someone who would still cooks for people even when being upset over things." He paused again. Chanyeol remembered how upset Kyungsoo was after his mistake during the broadcast of a music show. He was so upset that he didn't talk all the way back to the dorm. But when the maknaes whined for food at midnight, without words, Kyungsoo instantly went to the kitchen and made them some omurice. "My ideal type is someone who talks to plants as if they understand the words." Chanyeol always saw Kyungsoo talking about weathers to his cactuses while watering them. "And last but not least, my ideal type is someone who is willing to accept me despite all of my weird doings." Chanyeol knew that he always drag Kyungsoo to do silly things with him. Kyungsoo would sigh heavily but he never pushed him away. Never. " These are the qualities of my ideal type." And it's you, Kyungsoo. It's you.

 

 

Kyungsoo blinked his large eyes at the older boy, obviously shocked by the description of Chanyeol's ideal type. He never thought that Chanyeol would have such weird ideal type. It was well known to fans that Chanyeol always said in the interviews that he liked girl who liked to smile. He never knew that Chanyeol's ideal type was actually quite weird. "Wow, your ideal type seems like a weird person," he stated too bluntly. Oh, if only you knew, Kyungsoo.

 

 

Chanyeol's dropped his jaw widely and stood up abruptly. "YAH! MY IDEAL TYPE IS NOT WEIRD! YOU ARE NOT WEIRD!" He defended with desperation in his voice. His eyebrows were quickly pinched together and he pouted, too. How could Kyungsoo say his ideal type was weird? Do Kyungsoo was not weird.

 

 

The younger boy's eyes went a little bit too large this time. His heart was thumping unevenly inside. He tried to register the words that just came out from the older boy's mouth. Did he really hear that right? He nervously swallowed down the water in his mouth. "What?"

 

 

"I said-" The furrow between Chanyeol's eyebrows disappeared and his eyes dilated at the question. He looked straight into Kyungsoo's naïve eyes. He too just noticed the words that he had been keeping to himself all the time. ! He just described Kyungsoo as his ideal type. And just like he said just now, he didn't find Kyungsoo to be a weird person at all. Not even a bit. Now, that he had said it, there would be no way to take them back. His eyes roamed around the room before staring back at the younger one. He awkwardly brought his right hand to rub the back of his neck. "I said, you're-," he paused meaningfully. "-not weird, Kyungsoo," he said it again, softly this time.

 

 

Kyungsoo's mouth formed a little 'O' shape. The way Chanyeol said his name with that fading tone made his heart beat unevenly. He did hear that right. They were talking about Chanyeol's ideal type just now, weren't they? How on earth was Kyungsoo related to the topic? Kyungsoo's eyes rounded at the realization.

 

 

Chanyeol grew restless at the stare. The cat was already out of the bag. He had an explanation to do. "Aish! Screw all this!" He sat down again, grabbed both shoulders of the younger boy and made Kyungsoo faced him.

 

 

"Chan-"

 

 

"Stop!" Chanyeol shrieked, cutting the smaller male's sentence. He swallowed the water inside his mouth. "Listen to me." He grabbed Kyungsoo's shoulder firmer. "Promise me. No matter what I say after this, no matter what your reaction is, we will always be friends, okay? Promise?" Chanyeol's eyes were so wide when he said those. Oh God, please say okay or else I'll die after this! Chanyeol kept those desperate words to himself.

 

 

Kyungsoo blinked once, twice. "Okay." And in a heartbeat, he saw Chanyeol forming his brightest smile.

 

 

The answer was enough for Chanyeol. They would still be friends. Yeah, friends. Nothing will change. But why did his heart crack at that? He breathed in. "I like you," he confessed, almost in whispering manner. "I like you, Do Kyungsoo."

 

 

From Kyungsoo's expression, Chanyeol knew the male was surprised. Well, who wouldn't be surprised when your same gender friend confessed to you all of the sudden?

 

 

"I like you since the day we met. I like you since the day we had our first dinner together. I like you since the day we took the train back home together. I like you since the day you sang while I played the guitar. I like you since the day you laughed at my lame jokes. I like you since the day you cried in my arms." Chanyeol felt like crying at his own confession because all of the flashbacks he was having in his head. He remembered everything. "I like you since forever, Kyungsoo. I like you more than a friend should."

 

 

Silence took over.

 

 

Sliding his hands down Kyungsoo's arms, Chanyeol shut his eyes tightly. He felt so light after he said everything he had been keeping to himself all these times but at the same time, he felt weak. Those words were the suffocating secret he had been carrying around but those were also the same words which had gave him strength to be around Kyungsoo even though it was painful.

 

 

"Park Chanyeol." Kyungsoo's voice echoed around the living room.

 

 

At the mention of his name, Chanyeol opened his eyes only to meet eyes with Kyungsoo. He was so embarrassed at the time, he wanted to run away. But his confession took all of his strength, he couldn't even move an inch. He somehow hoped that Kyungsoo would ignore everything he had said. He could imagine Kyungsoo running towards his room, locking the door and pretending he didn't hear anything.

 

 

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Kyungsoo let out an amused chuckle. "But I think I'm much bigger idiot than you." He nervously bit his lower lip.

 

 

Kyungsoo's voice brought Chanyeol back to the real world. He was surprised that the younger boy was still sitting in front of him. The fact that Kyungsoo didn't laugh at his confession made him felt good enough. But I think I'm much bigger idiot that you. He furrowed his eyebrows as the sentence repeated itself in his head. What did Kyungsoo mean by being a bigger idiot?

 

 

Kyungsoo averted his eyes from the taller boy's. "I honestly don't know why I'm friend to you when we're so different from each other. We're a total opposite of each other." He nervously played with his fingers.

 

 

Chanyeol admitted the fact. He was the type of person who couldn't stay still on one spot while Kyungsoo barely move in his seat if there's nothing to do. He was the type of person who would react exaggeratingly at everything, gaining him the nickname of Reaction King from the fans, whereas Kyungsoo would only crack a thin smile at jokes. He was the type of person who could answer a question with hundred words enough for a short essay while Kyungsoo could give a reply as short as ten words. He himself didn't know how they became friend at the first place and Chanyeol felt like crying over the fact.

 

 

"I admit that you sometimes annoy me with your hyper self but I don't think I can manage even one day without you being so cheerful around me," Kyungsoo continued. "And God, sometimes you do the strangest stuffs I just can't understand, but I always end up doing them together with you because if it means I can do it with you, I don't mind it at all." He smiled faintly and folded his fingers tightly. "I always tell myself that you are my bestfriend but my heart aches every time I think of you that way."

 

 

Chanyeol's eyes dilated at the last sentence because he had been in the exact situation as well. It started since the day he realized that the affection he had for his bestfriend became something deeper. Since that day, he had been forcing himself to accept the fact that Kyungsoo was his bestfriend, nothing more. But his heart ached. His heart ached so bad, it was hard for him to sleep at nights. But why Kyungsoo felt the same? Could he possibly-

 

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before he sat straight, looking straight at Chanyeol again. "I like you since the day you smiled at me. I like you since the day you shared your lunch with me. I like you since the day you held my hand. I like you since the day you played the guitar. I like you since the day you made me laughed. I like you since the day you held me tightly and told me it was alright to cry. I think," He paused after his long words. His face turned so warm. "I think I like you since forever as well, Chanyeol. And I like you more each day." He managed an awkward smile after he finished his confession.

 

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened to their fullest at the words that came out from the petite boy's mouth. Breathing became difficult for him. What was happening here? Did Kyungsoo just say he likes me too? Chanyeol shook his head in disbelief and slapped himself hard on the face. "OUCH! THAT HURTS!" What a way to ruin the atmosphere, Park Chanyeol.

 

 

Shock and worries came flooded in instantly, Kyungsoo quickly cupped the taller male's face. He could see the handprint of Chanyeol's hand on his cheek. "Yah, you idiot! Why did you do that? Your face is all red now! Your face will be swollen! How can you go out with swollen face? I'll get the ice!" Kyungsoo was trying to get up when Chanyeol yanked him back on the couch and made the younger boy faced him again.

 

 

Chanyeol could see the worries in Kyungsoo's face, the concerns in Kyungsoo's voice. Do Kyungsoo likes me too? My face hurts so much, so this is real? He had never been so thankful toward pains before. His head was spinning. He was so happy.

 

 

"What are you doing? I need to get the ice!" Kyungsoo tried to free his wrist from the older boy's tight grip. Chanyeol's face will be badly swollen if it's not treated soon.

 

 

"I don't need it." Chanyeol's hand found its way to Kyungsoo's face. "I need you." He leaned in, accidentally bumped their noses before crashing their lips together.

 

 

Kyungsoo felt grateful that they were sitting on the couch instead of standing because he couldn't feel his legs anymore once Chanyeol's lips touched his. He instinctively stopped struggling, closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around the taller male's neck. It felt so good to be able to hug Chanyeol again after quite sometimes. All these times, he was having hard time from doing too much skinship with the taller man because he might get too addicted to Chanyeol's touch. He might want to have Chanyeol to himself. And all these times, he had been an idiot.

 

 

Chanyeol had ever imagined what it would be like to kiss Do Kyungsoo, the owner of the heart shaped smile. And now he finally knew. The lips were much softer and sweeter from what he had imagined. He had kissed girls before but with Kyungsoo, he had this overwhelming feeling that none of the girls he dated had ever gave him. He tilted his head to kiss the male in his arms deeper, tasting the warm cavern, making the latter mewled in the kiss. He pushed his body against the younger boy's until Kyungsoo was lying on his back against the couch.

 

 

The kiss broke with hot breaths crashing into each other. Both of them opened their eyes at the same time. Lips still beating from the long kiss, they exchanged knowing looks rather than words.

 

 

"That was the sloppiest kiss ever." Kyungsoo was the one who broke the comfortable silence with his witty comment. The nose bumping before the kiss would last in his memory forever. "Are you sure you've dated before, Park Chanyeol?" He asked with obvious mischievous tone in his voice.

 

 

"I was surprised and nervous, okay? What do you expect?" Chanyeol was flustered. He was so surprised when Kyungsoo reacted by confessing back to him instead of rejecting him, running to his room and pretending he had never heard of Chanyeol's confession.

 

 

Kyungsoo noticed the red handprint on Chanyeol's cheek. The scene where Chanyeol slapped himself replayed in his head. What a dramatic ending for their confessions. His fingers reached for the reddened spot and caressed it gently. "You idiot. Why did you do that? It's all swollen now."

 

 

Chanyeol grabbed the younger one's hand and placed a kiss on the its palm. "I was just making sure that I'm not imagining things. Turned out it was real because it hurt like hell." He chuckled. Somehow he couldn't feel the pain anymore over the happiness he was having.

 

 

Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around the taller boy's neck. "I really have no idea that you like me." He smiled affectionately at the boy. He wondered how he managed to overlook Chanyeol's feelings all this time.

 

 

Chanyeol let out a chuckle. "I've been hinting all along. The others could see how ridiculously obvious my actions are. You're the only dense one." He quickly pecked the younger boy's lips. Good gracious, he had found something new to be addicted to. "But I never knew that you like me too."

 

 

Kyungsoo's face warmed at the statement. "That's because I thought you and Baekhyun were an item." He had always thought that Chanyeol and Baekhyun were seeing each other secretly because the two were so intimate in public. And he didn't want to ruin people's relationships especially his close friends'.

 

 

Amused by the younger boy's assumption, Chanyeol tilted his head and grinned. "Baekhyun? He's with Tao though."

 

 

Eyes widened to the maximum, Kyungsoo couldn't hide the fact that he was surprised. "What? Baekhyun and Tao?" How was it possible for them to be together when the two rarely meet each other? How did it even happen? Maybe he was really, as Chanyeol said, dense.

 

 

"See? You're just too dense." Chanyeol couldn't help but to chuckle at the younger boy. "Yes, Baekhyun's with Tao. And I'm," he paused meaningfully and buried his face in the crook of Kyungsoo's neck. "I'm with you." He breathed in the scent of the younger boy and his stomach churned.

 

 

Kyungsoo in sharp breath. His heart was pounding so loud inside, he thought Chanyeol could hear it. "Am I really like that?"

 

 

Chanyeol slightly lifted his body and supported the weight of his body with his arms to look at the younger boy. His heart fluttered at the sight. Kyungsoo was just effortlessly lovable. "What?"

 

 

"You know, about your ideal type?" Embarrassed, Kyungsoo bit his lower lip. It was embarrassing for him to refer himself as Chanyeol's ideal type. "Am I really like that? From your description, I sound like a weird person."

 

 

Chanyeol shook his head, disagreeing with the statement. "You're not weird. You're unique, Do Kyungsoo. You're one of a kind." Chanyeol connected their foreheads together. He liked how Kyungsoo's warm breaths caressed his face. He still couldn't believe that the younger boy liked him too. "Kyungsoo?"

 

 

"Hmm?" Kyungsoo was really enjoying the warmness of Chanyeol's body against his. Maybe he could purposely throw his blanket away as an excuse to have the older boy hugging him all day long during the chill seasons.

 

 

"Am I your ideal type?"

 

 

Kyungsoo went silence for a few seconds at the question. "To tell you the truth, you're not my ideal type at all." He lightly pushed Chanyeol on the shoulders, making the latter surprised.

 

 

Frowning, Chanyeol was definitely taken aback. He knew that honesty was the best policy but it also hurt. "What?"

 

 

Kyungsoo was amused to see the older boy's reaction. He thought he could use some more teasing. "I've always like Jinki hyung. He's funny, handsome, good at singing and dancing. I'm going to ask Baekhyun how to make my hands and feet pretty when he gets back later." He was referring to the ideal type Onew mentioned on the show earlier. Onew was really his ideal type. But just like Jonghyun said on the show, ideal type was just an ideal type. Park Chanyeol wasn't his ideal type but Kyungsoo won't trade him for the world because Chanyeol was more than an ideal type for Kyungsoo. He was trying so hard to suppress his laughter when he saw Chanyeol's eyes narrowed with jealousy but he ended up chuckling at the end. "I'm just kidding!"

 

 

"Yah! Do Kyungsoo! Don't do that again!" Chanyeol was really ridiculed that he burst into laughter. Sometimes Kyungsoo could be so playful and Chanyeol would always be pleasantly surprised. He grabbed the younger boy's wrists and pinned them beside his head. "You like Jinki hyung that much? Then I shall make you forget about Jinki hyung."

 

 

Kyungsoo curved a knowing smile at the warning because he knew what was coming. "I would like to see you try."

 

 

"Challenge accepted," Chanyeol said with a smile before locking their lips together.

 

 

The door was opened with a loud thud, making the two broke the kiss and sat up immediately. Their eyes widened at the two people standing outside the door. Four pairs of eyes exchanged surprised look.

 

 

"Yah! That's our couch!" Sehun who was being piggybacked by Jongin pointed at the direction of the couch. He was obviously shocked and annoyed at the same time. "Jongin-ah, they kissed on our couch!" He whined and buried his disappointed face on Jongin's shoulder. "That's our couch."

 

 

Jongin had his smug face on and chuckled to himself. "I think we came back at the wrong time."

 

 

 


 

 

I had headache when I finished reading this story of mine. 

Why did I write this story when it's so lame and cheesy? I'm crying.

But I can't help but to write Chansoo because they're so precious.

Look at the photo of them laughing together. Good gracious. My heart.

Thank you for reading this weird stuff of mine. Until next time~