Take V

An AD's Story

I woke up feeling some sort of pressure on my body as well as a gentle warmth. Yuria was peacefully sleeping on my stomach. I felt like I shouldn’t breathe or else I would interrupt her sleep, but quickly gave up on that.

She was letting out a slight bit of drool and happily enjoying the softness of the lent pajamas. Well, Yuria was cute. From what I could see in my position, the sun was up. The sun was up and the rain had quite obviously stopped.

Now I was kind of embarrassed on intruding into this household and spending the night especially since I can’t say that Yuria and I were all that close. Plus, I also borrowed pajamas and Yuria had to share a bed with me.

I quietly stared up at the ceiling, finding the place very quiet and peaceful. Then, I realized that it was probably already around noon or maybe in the afternoon. The wonderfully cute actress was still asleep or it seemed.

Yuria let out a childish sounding groan as she rolled off my stomach. Luckily, not off the bed. I yawned. Then, Yuria mumbled randomly, “…Edible…Good morning…”

“Good morning, Yuria-san.” I couldn’t help but giggle.

The actress rubbed her eyes drowsily and stared at me for a second. I felt like drool was escaping from her lips. They looked soft and smooth.

“…Eh…Kumi-san?”

“Yes. Good morning, Yuria-san.” I repeated. It’s definitely not morning though.

“Right…it’s 4 PM.” She pointed out. There was a clock that I either forgot about or didn’t notice.

“Okay…”

The two of us exchanged glances and were silent. Then, I heard the sound of footsteps outside the room. I guess it was Kizaki-mama. I guessed correctly. Yuria’s mother opened the door and saw the two of us awake.

“Oh, you two are awake.”

“Uh-huh.”

“I have lunch made downstairs. Yagami-chan, your clothes is in a pile outside the room, all your other stuff is in the closet downstairs--Yuria’ll show you. I have to go now. Enjoy your time, you two~~”

Then, she left, closing the door behind her. I wonder what Kizaki-mama was expecting us to enjoy though. To tell the truth, I planned to leave though.

It seemed that Yuria was still groggy because she started to change her clothes when I was still right there. She slipped off her pajama shirt and I could totally see… I immediately turned my head away in embarrassment.

This is the end of the world for me… (>////<) !!!!! Considering that I’m an AD who’ll be working with this Kizaki Yuria for a few months, this was no lie.

The fact of the matter is that I’m feeling like a ert. Her skin looked so smooth…and…and…YAGAMI GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!! I slapped myself a few times on the cheeks.

Slowly, I escaped the room and grabbed my clothes, it looks like Kizaki-mama washed and dried them as well. I went ahead and went to get dressed and ready for the day basically.

Somehow, all went well. Just somehow, I managed to avoid getting slapped in the face while being called a ert this time around.

We went down to eat the lunch/breakfast that Kizaki-mama had kindly prepared. There were two servings and all. She’s such a kind woman. I innerly sobbed as I ate. Yuria just laughed while watching my strangeness.

Oddly enough, we weren’t able to strike up a conversation properly. When I stared at the girl, she’d avert her gaze awkwardly. I wondered why. Staring was kind of rude, so I stopped doing that after a while.

The world was silent. Even a pin drop could be loudly heard. The atmosphere somehow felt suffocating because of the lack of talking. There were only us two people after all.

“Yuria-san, I think I’ll be going?” I said questioningly.

She pondered for a bit. “Bye bye then. See you next time~” Then, I was waved off so simply in the manner that would show up in a superhero show asking the viewer to keep on watching. Yuria had a crooked smile on her face.

“Ah. Yea, bye,” And simply enough, I got up and left. My emotions were somewhat jumbled up though.

 I felt eyes burning into my back for a second. Quickly enough, the feeling disappeared. I wondered if I was being a bit mean leaving her.

I walked out and jogged back to my house. I opened the door and went back in. Of course, I removed my shoes before entering. Well, it was just a habit that a Japanese person should have.

I yawned and stretched a bit due to the strange sleep schedule that this Saturday was. Despite the fact that most people my age would often stay up pretty late, at least I was good with getting to sleep early.

Feeling a bit of a headache, I walked up to my room and grabbed a change of clothes. Then, I headed to the bathroom.

I stripped out of my clothes--no details here--and got into the shower. The hot water felt burning for a moment, but then seemed to warm me up. The impact of the water hit my back, massaging my not exactly sore muscles.

There was fact that taking a shower was a comforting thing. I stood there for a while and wet my hair. Then, I squished out some shampoo and conditioner and went along with washing my hair. Of course, I rinsed out the suds. Afterwards, I went on with washing other parts. The washing wasn’t what was on my mind though.

When taking a shower, sometimes my head just feels so clear. My anxieties are for the most part washed away. It was a shame because I could still dream during these fleeting moments.

…I…want…to be--

“I want to be an idol…” A whisper escaped my mouth. The second I said that, my mouth curved up into a wry smile. Some dreams don’t work out. “I wanted…”

The water continued to rapidly drip on my skin. I wonder why I wanted to do something like that, an idol. An unrealistic dream that a so called genius already understood would have a low chance of coming true was just sad. I tried after all--an audition.

I can’t even remember the reason for it all. There was someone. I can remember a kind smile, warmth, and a fluffy feeling, but everything else was blurred.

Reasons…really.

I cleared my throat and quietly began to whisper a song. I paused and touched my neck for a second and sighed. The water’s pitter patter sound filled my ears.

It was turning lukewarm and losing the nice feeling. I stepped out and got dressed.

Without even drying my hair, I plopped onto my bed. It’s going to grow mold…I hope it doesn’t. I guess I’d be a horrible idol who would have had secrets about mold growing on a pillow or a lack of common sense at some moments.

This topic, I didn’t like it. I didn’t dislike it, but it wasn’t much thought about. After an hour or so, my hair dried. I stretched my arm out and reached for the ceiling.

Then suddenly, an alarm rang from my cellphone. After 5 seconds, it automatically turned off, but that alarm was to remind me to check my call logs and whatnot to see what I might’ve missed when I was out of the house.

I didn’t feel like doing anything though. Reluctantly, I tugged myself out of bed and walked around, down the stairs. Without paying any attention, I nearly tripped on a brass instrument that I had set aside in a corner that never was really touched. That sax was from a long time ago.

I ignored it and picked up the phone. I press a few buttons that I didn’t really get and then it allowed me to go through my missed calls.

I played a message from a number that was familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time.

“Kumi, qu--” At the sound of my name, I nearly dropped it. In a panic, I shut the message off.

…Mother…

Chances were that she was going to command me to quit my current job. I didn’t want to. I liked it. I could be close to my dreams. I must have seemed pathetic in a way, but it wasn’t like I didn’t enjoy it a bit. I got the sneak previews of dramas and got to see the cut out parts of shows. Plus, it seemed that I had met someone quite interesting.

My parents would never approve. One bird was shot down, but they wanted to shoot the other one down as well.

Well, I was technically an adult already. I put the phone back and headed back upstairs.

I think this will be the most sleep I’ve ever gotten on a Saturday.

I turned off all lights and plopped into bed. I pulled the covers over my head and muttered silently, “I want to be an idol…” My voice was tinted with remorse. Then I seemingly fell asleep.

 

 

 

 “Kuuchan…oyasumi…”  A gentle voice whispered like a song.

From outside Kumi’s bedroom window, there was a tree. Standing on the tree branch was a girl. She grinned awkwardly and joked, “That’s weird you know?”

The response came with a sincere smile. “…Maybe…but…she’s…important to me after all…”

“…Heeh…I’m jealous…but I’m leaving.” Then, the figure jumped down and indeed left.