SayaMizu Story I

An AD's Story

Mizuho Side

I was just another girl with supernatural powers. I never thought much of them. Being able to enter other people’s dreams and see ghosts was just a normal part of life. Then again, I get that some people really kind of hated me for entering their dreams, but I kept quiet about that.

I had nice friends, but most of them moved off. The me who loved rabbits, chocolate, and acting a bit erted at times wasn’t that welcomed.

Going along with a lot of job interviews, I had trouble succeeding. And on my 2011th try, that was when I met her.

I sat in the waiting room along with a bunch of other people. Normally we wouldn’t have to wait here, but the company was a bit weird. To explain, I sent a script more or less-it was a rough draft actually. One by one, the person in charge would go through them and well, decide on things.

Somehow, I couldn’t get why I even decided to write a crack-like script for a random drama that was supposed to be made like that. Well, script first, drama later. I thought it might turn out nicely.

Thus, while waiting, I swiped out my phone. Attached were a rabbit keychain and a cute penguin keychain.

Clicking along, reading a few chapters of the latest web-novel that I liked, time gradually passed. While I would’ve liked to listen to some music, I needed to keep my ears open for my name being called. I read away, getting dragged into my own story world.

As I finished another chapter, I looked away from the screen of my phone.

That’s when I saw her. She was crouching and staring at my phone-straps and uttered, “…waaah…kawaii…”

I kept quiet. I thought that maybe she was a ghost. She was, but I didn’t know. She looked alive-almost, and she was wearing that penguin hoodie, not the typical triangle ghost thing. Not knowing how to react, I just stared at her.

She lifted her head and stared back. After a few seconds, she blushed and hid her face embarrassed.

I chuckled lightly at that action.

She awkwardly said, “…Sorry, I didn’t think anyone would even notice my existence…”

Without hesitation, I asked, “Are you a ghost?”

Her voice was so faint when she replied, but I could hear her, “Yes, I’m one of the deceased. My name…is…Niidoi Sayaka.”

“…I’m Yamada Mizuho,” said I as I let out a slight smile.

Sayachan then smiled back. That cute, warm, soothing, big-sister-like smile was like a wonderful chocolate. Before the two of us could talk though, my name was called.

And then, amazingly enough, my script was chosen.

That was a start…a start to something that may have well been a revolution in my life.