Take IX

An AD's Story

My childish-self wondered out loud, “Nee-chan, why do you like idols so much?”

In response, she whispered, “They’re…cute…and they shine really brightly…”

“Hmm~ then does nee-chan want to be an idol?”

“…Un…but…it won’t happen.” I heard sadness in her voice.

“How come?”

“…Kuuchan, it’s…complicated.” By now, I knew. It was because of various things, but I didn’t remember who she was. She was a kind person. She was fun and cute. She was important, yet a piece in me couldn’t remember all that clearly.

“…Nee-chan…then I’ll be an idol and fulfill your dream!” Thus, I smiled and proclaimed loudly.

“Hmm~ …does Kuuchan really want to?”

“Uh-huh! I like idols too.” When did that become my dream? Well, at least I really did want to.

“…Then…I’m happy. I’ll be…forever your greatest fan.” But a little bit inside of me knew that she lied.

After all, she di-

DING DONG!

I suddenly awoke the sound of the doorbell. With the sudden shock, I fell out of my bed. Getting up, my hair was probably a mess and there was a slight pain in my head. I didn’t drink anything yesterday, so it must’ve been me falling out of my bed.

I splashed a bit of water onto my face and brushed up a little. Then, putting something nicer over my pajamas, I scurried over to the door.

Whoever was there was pounding on that thing hard.

“M-m-m-m-mother!?”

“And your father is here too, ojou-sama…,” said a maid, cute with dyed hair and a little short--Hiramatsu Kanako.

My father then walked in behind her. My mother just stared at me judgingly.

Suddenly, Sawako appeared as well. Music teacher…um…former acquaintance…she does know my family quite well…family friends…, “As well as me.”

Truly, I wasn’t ready for this. They had their suitcases ready to observe me it seemed. My parents already had a huge place to themselves, but just had to come along here. Kanakana, the maid, was just probably coming along because of them.

I accidently let it slip, “…I’m not ready for this…”

“For what Kumi? Do you have some sort of thing that you must hide from your family!?” My mother is scary.

“I can’t find the mags!” Kanakana is scary too.

Sawako then stated with boredom, “Besides me, they shall be staying here for a while. Now, please excuse me.”

The world seemed to have a huge crack in its logic continent right now. First that dream and now this. Wait, what was it again? Am I becoming an old person unable to remember? This wasn’t the time to be thinking about that type of thing. The big problem was how was I supposed to deal with the situation at hand.