Home is where the heart is

Welcome to the world of Pokemon

 

Little Taeyeon sighed as she sat on the wooden bench, her tiny fingers getting colder as the evening drafts blew towards her. It was getting dark and very cold, the shadows seemed all them more longer as each second passed by. Taeyeon shivered, relieved that she had a little grey tuft of fur cuddled snugly next to her left leg. The ball of fur whined as Taeyeon got up. 
 
"Let's go." 
 
Poochyena got to it's feet, shaking it's cute little head as it hopped off the bench, trailing behind it's trainer fondly. 
 
Her head was pounding, the cold wind, coupled with her flu was giving her a headache. Why wasn't she in the house then? To be starkly honest, the house wasn't any better. With it's creaky floors and leaky ceiling, added on by the fact they had no heater, that place was just as good as outside, if only a little dryer. Taeyeon padded softly into the house, hoping not to wake the other kids - the ones that would bully her - who were soundly sleeping in the room. 
 
Poochyena was still trailing along behind, equally as carefully. Taeyeon pushed the next door, visibly cringing as it creaked painfully open. A little head bobbed up from underneath the thin strawberry dappled blanket, visible holes apparent even as she stood at a distant.  
 
"Unni!" The little girl stuck out her hands, clamouring for her elder sister. 
 
Taeyeon smiled as she closed the door behind her, Poochyena already snuggled warmly under the blanket next to her sister. "Were you a good girl today Hyoyeonnie?" 
 
The smaller girl, no older than six years old, nodded enthusiastically as she leaned into her sister's embrace. They were by no means counted as lucky or wealthy, but little things like this made life worth living. Ruffling Hyoyeon's hair, she huddled herself onto the small bed, half covering herself with the small blanket. Taeyeon then stuffed her feet underneath the resting Pokemon, her teeth already chattering from the relentless cold. Poochyena fidgeted a little, finding a more comfortable position, then succumbed once again to sleep.
 
As her sister's breathing evened out and the other background noises had quietened, she stared at the whitewashed ceiling above her and sighed, swearing that one day, one day, she would create a better life for them all.