escapement

365

 

 

Escapement

Pairing: Sehun/OC

Summary: when a girl wants sehun to feel how hurtful it is being left out by someone.

Words: 1,103 words.

 

She tightens her grip, the view in front of her is the only thing she never wants to see in the world. She doesn’t want to feel the deep grief that’s long gone after his missing. But it’s hard to even make her eyes blink, it’s difficult to control her breath, when he gets closer by the second ticks. The heels won’t move anywhere—it stuck to where she stands.

 

The person who disappeared, who left without words and unhealed wounds is shamelessly turned up; walking with all his might after breaking one woman’s heart. Maybe he doesn’t realize or maybe he just doesn’t spare any care about her feelings at all.

 

He doesn’t know how hard she put up with life without him. The life she thought would be so much easier since he was around with her, in the end was just a mere thought of a girl having a head over heels syndrome with her lover. The dreams, the plans, it was all blown up to the sky.

 

But she is more accepting now. She lets go of the things incriminating her heart and starts a new life. A fresh beginning, she just prays for that simple one. And God seems to be having another plan with her life.

 

“Kim Min Hee!”

 

“Oh, hi there Sehun,” she tries hard to avoid his gaze, but failing miserably as he is just five inches apart from her standing.

 

“It’s nice to finally see you again.”

 

She curses at her jumping heart—and wishes secretly he doesn’t hear how loud her heart thumps. His scent intrigues her nose; that familiar smell. Memories start to flood her head whilst tears threaten to drop. But this guy in front of her won’t stop smiling like an idiot, making her feel that he is really ‘happy’ to finally see her again.

 

000

 

Since that day onwards, Oh Sehun is always showing up in her life. He keeps bugging her about the free time she probably has to arrange a meeting and catching up things—how he says, knitting the threads of love that were long broken and forgotten. Oh Sehun doesn’t know, he doesn’t know that she is afraid of, beyond scared of the fact that she might appear frail and vulnerable in front of him.

 

Still, love can’t be erased that simple from her heart. Seeing someone who was gone for a year in front of you, talking to you, laughing like nothing happens, how does that make you feel?

 

Her love for him was maddening. She felt like giving everything for Sehun, while didn’t even remember what she got back from him. Love that once seemed wonderful, she now loathes so much. Because of the image Sehun has whenever she thinks about falling in love for another man. If you can always falling in love, you can also be falling out love.

 

Calls and texts from him somehow make her bothered. Her curiosity grows to the point that she wants to meet him now. She wants to clear everything and make him understand, to leave her alone with the wounds he caused her a year ago. She doesn’t need him appearing again into her life. His brief harm to her is enough proof, bearing the pain like hell is the evidence that she can go on and living life.

 

000

 

The bell to the café rings as she enters. The nice placement of several chairs and tables is the one she remembers about this place. The place she used to visit with him. Her favorite is still caramel frapuccino. She wonders if he still liked black coffee or not, since he always ordered it every time he got here.

 

She shakes her head, why does she recall the old things? She needs to get rid of them and prepares herself to face him.

 

Sehun is sipping his drink slowly while glancing around. One thing unreasonably makes her wants to back off as soon as she meets him. His appearance is still the same. The handsome and clean Sehun, the pondering looking Sehun, and the eye-smiling Sehun. She feels like breaking down and crying out. Memories seeps in, she remembers how that figure used to call her baby; how those hands used to caress her hair; how those luscious lips used to kiss her knuckles.

 

“Oh, I’m glad I can meet you here.” he smiles the sweetest smile. “I missed you, and do you remember this place?”

 

“Oh Sehun-ssi.” she sternly answers. “Thank you for finally showing up after a really long time, thank—”

 

“Minhee-ah—I”

 

“Stop, I haven’t finished yet.” she gulps hard, looking across the table, he furrows his eyebrow—his habit she used to call adorable. “Thank you for not forgetting me. I want you to know that I’m grateful of knowing a great person like you. But I also want you to know that times change, everybody moves on and so do I.

 

I don’t think coming back is ever a good idea for me, for you and both of us. We’re too good for each other, we won’t live up into each other’s expectations and likings. That’s why I think, this might be our last meeting—“

 

“Minhee, why?”

 

“Why? After these times, you ask me why? The answer is so obvious—too obvious that you don’t even realize. I’m too broken, too hurt, and it’s because of you. You, vanished in the time I needed you the most is enough proof to show how shallow your love to me is. Don’t think I don’t notice the mark on your ring finger. I know you’ve been wearing an engagement ring.” Her last statement got him hard, slaps him on either side of his cheeks.

 

“And I’ve heard the news of you getting engaged when you were in the States. Congratulations, and I’m sorry that I’m not your temporary escapement. Comeback to your fiancée, I’ll be glad if you let me attend your wedding. I know you’re a good man, you will take care of her forever.”

 

Having said those words, is like letting out a big lump in and throws it away somewhere. She is indeed grateful of knowing a guy like him—that a guy like him exists. She just hopes he comes to his senses and not lightly breaking hearts anymore.

 

She realizes a long time ago, that they won’t work. They are too different, and it is difficult for both of them albeit she knows for sure her heart would choose him over anything.

 

You created memories so beautiful, making it hard to forget.