Day#3

Stay with me for three days

Author's POV

"Wake up dear,it's time to take your morning shower."

"I don't want to.Let me sleep for another hour mom."

"I'm not your mom dear.I don't have kids.Thank god.." The nurse jokes,removing the covers on top of Minhee's frail body.

Minhee opens her eyes to look around.

"Where am I?When did I get here?"

The nurse gives Minhee her medicine, among with a sympathetic look.

"A week ago."

"I've been here for a week?All by myself?"

"No.Your husband didn't leave your side ever since you got here."

"My husband?You mean Jin?He's not my husband,he's just my boyfriend but I'm planning to marry him.I really love him." She says sitting up.

"Yes,he is.You two got married yesterday,he even redecorated some rooms at the north wing of the hospital.My colleagues told me that it was very beautiful.He even got you snow,what a caring husband...I'm really sorry that you don't remember dear." She says heading out of the room.

"Jin and I got married and I can't even remember it?!" She whispers to herself. "I'm so stupid!" She says hitting herself.

"How could this happen to us?!I'm really sorry to him.He had all that trouble and I can't even remember saying 'I do'."

She slips off the bed and puts her slippers on.The nurse left a clean pajama and underwear on the armchair next to the bed for her to take with her when she goes take a shower.She picks it up and walks out the room.

To be honest,she can't remember where the bathroom is.She looks around.All she sees are signs with directions in it.It would be helpful if one of them was pointing to the bathroom but they only show the way to all the hospital wings.

Something clicks on her mind.

She looks up to see where the north wing is located.She then walks in its direction after making sure that no one sees her.

She runs down the corridors as if she was a little kid again and manages to find the north wing.Some people notice her carrying her underwear but don't bother saying anything.She probably lost her mind so let her be.

She walks looking around.She peeks at a turn and sees a corridor with four doors and no exit.She walks closer to it and notices that the doors have numbers and some kind of symbols underneath them.

"Wow." She says surprised to see such thing at the hospital.

After going back and forth looking at the same doors,she notices that on the forth door there's a picture of Jin and her.She unglues the picture of the door.She flips the picture and reads 'Summer time '. She puts the picture on her robe's pocket and enters the room.

Her jaw drops.

"Is this a church inside of a hospital?!" She thinks,perplexed.

She walks down the aisle,sliding her hand on every single bench that she passes by.She makes her way up to the altar and sees another picture but,this time it's a picture of Jin's parents.She picks it up and puts it on her pocket right next to the other one.

The candles on the altar are destroyed and slipped all over it.She fixes some of them and makes her way out of the room,closing the door behind her.


She returns to her room feeling a little bit down for no apparent reason.

"Did you take your shower?" The nurse from before asks starring at Minhee.

"Shower?" Minhee asks,noticing the clothes that she has been carrying.

"Nevermind.Sit down dear." She tells Minhee,pointing to the armchair.

"What for?" Minhee questions sitting down.

"I need to give you something.."

"A gift?I love gifts!" She says with an smile from ear to ear.

"No...well,sort of.." She says taking an envelope from her pocket and handing it to her. "It's a letter."

"Well,a letter can be an awesome gift.Especially if it's from Jin." She says opening it.

"I'll...I'll give you some time to read it..." She says getting out of the room

She takes the letter out of the envelope and a ring falls from it,landing on her lap.She picks it up and notices that she's wearing a matching one.They're beautiful indeed .She puts it back in the envelope and unfolds the letter.

 

Dear Mrs.Kim,

I really hope that you get to see this letter.
I had many plans for today but they were crushed 
in a split of a second when they told me that your heart
stopped beating.
Yeah,just like that...it stopped beating.
You can't imagine how many tears fell from my eyes
todays,well maybe you can...sorry if the letter is still wet.
You needed a donor and there I was,the perfect match 
for your young but ill heart.
A few years ago I wouldn't even consider to give 
my heart away but I already did when we started 
dating.
Don't worry about not spending this day with me,
because we're actually closer than ever.
Remember when you asked me what I would do after
you died?Well I'm keeping my promise.
I'm waiting for you dear.Live this last day for us
and enjoy being Mrs.Kim on earth,because when you get
here it will be heaven.
I loved you as a man and will love you as your soul 
mate.
 
Yours truly,
Jin

 

Minhee's tears mix with Jin's in the letter where no word can be read anymore.
The nurse enters the room and sees Minhee crying.
"Did you finish reading it dear?"
Minhee nods.
The nurse pities her.She turns around to leave the room but Minhee's question stops her.
"But..I'm sorry..." She clears . "Who is Jin?"