Day #1

Stay with me for three days

Author's POV

[In the morning]

Jin peeks at the door contemplating the situation.Minhee's serene sleeping face gives him a familiar feeling as if nothing had happened.But how could nothing had happened if she's right there,so close and yet at the same time so far,lying in that hospital bed.He lightly kicks the door to open it because his hands are busy.

This reminds him of the first time they slept in the same house.It was one year ago when they went over to a friend's house who lives in Daegu.Since it was her best friend's house they had like a mini sleepover for two while Jin was lying on the couch  wrapped around a blanket while watching the Telemarketing.

In the morning he peeked at the room's door and saw her sleeping for the first time.She was just sleeping and maybe even snoring but in his eyes she was shinning and had a halo while making the sound of a mermaid to attract a man.

Opening the rest of the door with his shoulder,he gets in the room carrying a big velvet red cake on a wheelchair.He drives the wheelchair next to her and quickly gets in front of it to pick up the cake.He looks around to find a place to put the cake and ends up putting it on the nightstand.

He then turns around to look at her.He wants her to wake up but doesn't want to be rude so he tries to wake her up by slightly shaking her.

"Minhee-ah" He whispers in her ear smiling like an idiot remembering those times she used to wake him up like that.

"Minhee-ah." He tries again getting an almost inaudible 'hm' as she turns to the other side putting a pillow over her head.

He smirks at the thought  that he caught her attention.

He lightly runs around the bed placing his face right in front of hers once again contemplating the sight.

"Wake up sleeping beauty.Guess whose birthday it is today?"

She opens one eye and finds Jin looking right at her.

"Mi-"

He interrupts her by  giving her a quick kiss.He couldn't contain his happiness to see that she remembers it's her birthday and most important of all that she remembers him.

"That's right dear!It's my princess' birthday." He says smiling which makes her smile too.

"Where's my cake oppa?" She asks pouting as if she was mad.

"Right there." He says pointing at it.

"Wow it's so beautiful.It's nice to see that you still remember that red is my favorite color!"

"Of course,I would never forget that.And most important of all it's the color of love,passion and my beating heart that dedicates each beat to you."

She gets so touched by his words that she almost suffocates him while hugging him.He slowly gets up when she lets him go, to lighten the candles,still catching his breath.

"Happy birthday to you,happy birthday to you,happy birthday my beloved Minhee,happy birthday to you." He sings holding the cake in front of her.

Her eyes get wet with tears threatening to fall.She sits up to blow the candles and clap.They're both so happy that if the world ended today they wouldn't mind it.

"Bite the candle and make a wish!" He says excited.

She makes a weird face expression as she bites it.

"What did you wish for?"

"If I tell you it won't happen!"

He leans closer to her to give her another quick kiss and whispers.

"I'll make it happen."

"Really?!" She asks excited getting a nod as an answer.

"Well then...I want to marry oppa!" He smiles at herr words.

"Today must be your lucky day because...I happen to want to marry you too." He says getting on his knee and holding her hand.

"Jeon MinHee will you make me the happiest man in the world by marrying me?"

"Oh my god,yes!I would be more than glad to become Mrs.Kim." She answers jumping,crying and smiling at the same time.

"Oh no,no,no.I don't want to see these." He says wiping your tears.

"Only this."He says this time pointing at herr smile. "Because when you smile life becomes more beautiful."

They both smile at each other for a while until he remembers that he wasn't done yet and kneels again.He looks for a tiny box in his pocket.

"Just a second,I'm-"

As soon as he touches the box,the cake that was still on top of her legs slips and hits him right in the face.

"Oh my god." She can't help but laugh.

He gets up ungluing the cake off his face which makes her laugh even harder.

"Yah!Is it that funny that my face is full of the cake we were supposed to eat?"

"What cake?" She asks out of a sudden.

Jin quickly sits on the bed next to her.

"The ca-"

She laughs.

"Yah!Don't joke around like that!" He says lightly hitting her arm and the both of them laugh.

"It's ok oppa,at least I blew the candles."

"Yeah,you're right."

"AND it was a very pretty cake!"

"You think so?I made it."

"But the card said that it was made at Claire's Bakery." She says squinting her eyes as if she was trying to find something.

"Well...that's because I recently got a part-time job there and,uh,they let me learn with the owner of the bakery how to make the best and most delicious cake for the person I love.It was a really nice cake,I think you'd like it.It has sugar...and...uh...flour and,uh...are you buying it?"

She shakes her head.

"Then I'll just stop."

She laughs.

"You're so silly oppa!I can still taste it." She says putting a finger on the cake left on his face and it.

"Yummy!"

"I bet it is but why don't you...get a taste of my lips?"

She smiles giving him a slow and passionate kiss.

She breaks the kiss and he stands up to get the wheelchair.

"Look at what I got here."

"A wheelchair?"

"It's not only a wheelchair,it's your passport to the best day of your life with the most amazing person in the world."

"That's impossible."

"Why?"He asks as his smile starts to fade.

"Because I'm the most amazing person in the world AND universe!"

He laughs.

"And I'm the silly one..."

He gets closer to her to pick her up and puts her in the wheel chair.

This also brings back some old memories of when they bought their house.He picked her up and showed her around while still carrying her.His arms hurt but he only stopped when they reached the kitchen.It was a big kitchen just as big as she had ever wanted.

"Wooo,thank god you didn't eat that cake.I wonder if I would have been capable of picking you up."

"Yah"

"I'm just kidding love." He says starting to walk and driving her out of the room.

"Was the wheelchair really necessary?You know I can walk right?"

"Yeah but I don't want my Minhee to get tired."

"Aww really?"

"Nah,they wouldn't let me take you without it."

[At lunch]

"Mrs.Kim the driver is happy to inform you that the next stop is at the garden with a beautiful view to the hospital building where you'll find a very neatly and very kindly prepared picnic with the best food...I could find at the supermarket because chief Kim had some flying food technical problems." Jin says joking while taking her to the back of the hospital.

Everything was as he described.He had every kind of food from noodles to...pasta.He even bought a plaid towel like the ones you see in the movies.

He takes a deep breath and sighs.He could have done better.

He looks at her and finds her very happy.Wow what really matters is the intention.

He sees her trying to get up and stops her right away.

"What do you think you're doing Mrs.Jeon Kim?"

"I'm trying to get up to lay down on that towel."

"Allow me to do that." He says lifting her and carefully putting her on the towel.

"Oh well,thank you Mr.Kim." She says smiling.

"My pleasure,madame.Hm,let's see what got here...Why don't we start with the dessert?I'm still not over that cake's death." He says laughing but quickly understanding that the situation doesn't allow him to do such joke.

He picks up a strawberry.

"Say ah."

"Aaaaah."

He feeds her every single meal that was lying on the towel.After eating everything both of them fall back because their stomachs are full,facing the sky.

"Will you miss me when I'm gone?" She asks turning her head to him.

"I already miss you." He says still looking at the sky.

"Will you find someone else?I really don't mind if you do,I just want you to be happy."

"To me there's not anyone else to find.I can only find happiness in you." He replies finally looking at her.

They look at each other in the eyes for a minute that feels like an hour.

"I promise you that this last three days will be the best days of our lives." He says kissing her forehead.

"I know they will." She says closing her eyes.

[In the evening]

"Wow the sunset is so beautiful." She says amazed by the view that the rooftop of the hospital allows them to see.

"Not as beautiful as you."Jin says standing behind her,still holding her chair and looking at it.

She looks up and sees a man that once was full of dreams but now is holding a wheelchair just to give her the best day of her life.She remembers that when she met him she was hesitant about  going out with him because he had the fame of a player but if this man is a player,the world should be full of them because she has never met someone so caring,gentle and faithful or maybe who knows...she may have changed his heart.

"No,not as beautiful as you."She finally replies.

"Nah,not as beautiful as you."

"Nah nah nah,not as beautiful as YOU."

"You think?I think so too."

"Yah!"She says and the both of them laugh.

This day couldn't have been better,she thinks as Jin takes her back inside.

[At night]

Jin kicks the door just like he did in the morning,carrying her.She fell asleep while listening to his mp3 player while he massaged her shoulders because he insisted that they were tense.

He walks to the bed and pulls the covers with one hand.

He lies down with her and holds her till he falls asleep thinking that tomorrow will be a even better day for Mrs.Kim