Sequence 1 : The Beginning - Chapter 2 (part 1)

Clarity - EXO Jumi Series

 

Part 1

Domina Knight Fortress, year 2037

It was raining heavily but the sounds of someone riding a horse could still be heard coming closer from a distance. Kyungsoo was nervous. All the knights were, in fact. Even Yifan, who was practically the oldest and the most experienced knight, stood stiffly against the wall with his arms closed. This was the day, the day when they would be announcing which Knights would be appointed as the guardians of the Jewel-bearers, and it was one of the most important days for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was trying to calm himself down when the bells rang. The official messenger from the Kingdom had arrived, and he immediately took place at the fortress podium.

“Attention to all the members who join the selection of Jumi Knights! The King has made His final decision regarding the result of the selection!”

Kyungsoo gulped as he stood with the very tight position, his right hand holds his sword that was hanged around his waist and his left hand make a salute gesture to the messenger. He hoped that everything would be alright and he could fulfill his promise to his grandfather to be a Jumi Knight. Actually, his grandfather was his personal reason that influenced him to join the knighthood and become a Jumi Knight.

“As you know, there are 59 knights who join this selection and we only manage to choose the best three of you that will become Jumi Knights and protect our precious Jewel Bearers,” the messenger continued his speaking as he looks all of the knights, “After we announce the result, you will begin your special training with the Jewel Bearers. With this training, we hope you will understand your partner so you could make a great team with them.”

Kyungsoo observed his surrounding while he was listening to the messenger; he looks his best friend, Hyungsik, was standing very nervously beside him since he’s not very confidence with his selection. Hyungsik has made a great shameful mistake at the archery event-he only managed to hit a rabbit-instead a bear that should be targeted. At the left side of the group, he saw a very talented swordman named Woohyun who’s standing very confidently with his both hands hide behind his back. He put a big grin on his face since he’s leading at the duel event and athletic event. That was not very surprising for Kyungsoo becasuse Woohyun was his senior since they were kid, and he knew his talent very well. The two of them got their sword and battle training at his grandfather’s place.

Kyungsoo then observed Chanyeol, one of his bestfriend, was closing his eyes and keep mumbling his prayer. Chanyeol was a big-and-weird new entry knight who joins the selection at the last minute. He didn’t confidence with his talent at first; since he only joined the knighthood one year ago. Surprisingly, Chanyeol was doing absolutely well in the selection as he got first place at the Magic-Battle event. He could control his ability to create fire very well compared to the other participant, so he could win the event. Beside Chanyeol, Kyungsoo also saw their commander, Yifan, stood at the fortress wall with a very sharp gaze. Although Yifan managed to get the first place at the archery event, the survival event, the horse-riding event, and the war-simulation event, nobody can ensure that he will pass the selection.

“Before we announced the result, at first we’d like to invite the three Jewel Bearers to go up to this podium,” the messenger continued his talk while the Three Jewel Bearers go up the podium. All of them wear the same battle uniform; a silk white shirt, grey vest and long black trousers with a silver battle robe hang around their neck. They looked very powerful and mysterious with the sudden appearance.

Kyungsoo took a glance to the three of them and he smiled at Jongin, the only Jewel Bearers that he knew very well. Kyungsoo had his first meeting with Jongin at the Palace ten years ago, when his grandfather took him inside for the first time. Since then, the two of them often plays together and they became best friend in short time. Jongin couldn’t hide his insecurities of his position in front of Kyungsoo. He cried very much in front of Kyungsoo when he’s with his training lesson, he talked to Kyungsoo about his doubt with his skill, and he often seek advices from him how he will face his cousin at the future. Although Jongin often whines and nags all the time and it will be very hard to be his personal knight, Kyungsoo’s still hoping that he will be appointed to protect Jongin. For Kyungsoo, Jongin was his most precious younger brother whom he loved with all of his heart.

“The Jewel Bearers are our most precious heroes and we must protect with all of our soul and our body. The Jumi Knights that appointed to protect them are the most honored Knight in our country. Since this position is very precious, we hope you could do your best to fulfill your duty and protect our heroes,” the messenger talk again with a very loud voice, “The first Jumi Knight who will protect the jewel bearer of Ruby is the one who is very powerful and he do his very best at the selection.”

Chairman Lay-The Jewel Bearer of Ruby- took one step to the front and he put a big smile to the knights. Everybody knew that he was freaking rich and has very much influence since he owns the big weapon company at the country. Despite that fact, he’s also very talented for using his magical ability. Chairman Lay was known as the best healer at this country.

“The King has been decided that the Knight who will be The Jumi Knight of Ruby is Knight Commander Wu! Knight Commander Wu, please make your way to the podium!”

The crowd was cheering their Commander as he made his way to the podium. Kyungsoo could see Yifan was very satisfied and proud that he could be Lay’s personal knight. Yifan could not hide his excitement and happiness when he join with Lay at the podium, he smiled very brightly in front of all the knights-he even forget his position that ensure him to look cold and scary all the time. Yifan was very happy and relieved at that time because Lay was very precious for him, and become his guardian was Yifan’s big obsession since he was a kid.

After the messenger remind him for receive the armor, Yifan immediately kneeled in front of Yixing. He let his Jewel Bearer to put on his shoulder-armor with three red stars painted above it. The armor was a symbol which indicates that he’s been officially appointed as a Jumi Knight. The crowd was cheering very hard when their Commander finished the ceremony and after Yifan raised his hand, the audience went silence again.

“The second Jumi Knight will protect our most powerful jewel, the Jewel Bearer of Sapphire. The competition of this position was very tight and The King has made his final choice wisely after he had a serious discussion with the selection committee,”

Lord Byun Baekhyun-The Jewel Bearer of Sapphire- take one step to the front when he grins to all of the audiences. He was the son of the Prime Minister and he’s very popular in this country. Everybody wants to be his friend since he’s very generous, cheerful, and very powerful too- Baekhyun has an amazing ability for controlling the light and create a laser beam. Although he often couldn’t control his most powerful jewel, a combination with him surely became the biggest dream for many knights.

 “The King has been decided that the Knight who will be The Jumi Knight of Sapphire is Knight-Apprentice Park Chanyeol! Knight Park, please make your way to the podium!”

The crowd turned silence with this announcement, and Kyungsoo could see that Chanyeol was also very surprised with this fact. He stood still at his place and he just looked around his surrounding to find that all the attention was gathered on him. Woohyun glanced at Chanyeol with a very hateful expression since he’s very confident that he would be Lord Baekhyun’s personal knight but suddenly this apprentice came and ruined it all. Kyungsoo also observed that Hyunsik sighed and he looked very disappointed with this announcement since he’s already doing all his best and he hoped at least he could be friends with Lord Baekhyun.  

After a while of blankness, Chanyeol finally make his way to the podium. Different from Commander Wu, there was no one who gave a cheer for him. Everybody was envious at Chanyeol-an apprentice with a not so special talent- for being chosen to be the personal knight of Lord Byun Baekhyun who was very precious for the country and very popular for them. Chanyeol had no courage to face the audience who looks at him with their hateful gaze, so he put his head down and immediately kneeled in front of Baekhyun. Baekhyun then put on the shoulder arm with the three blue stars at Chanyeol’s shoulder. After that, he ordered Chanyeol to get up and stretched his hand at him,

“Hey, I’m Byun Baekhyun and we will be a team in the future. Let’s be friend because you will take care of me from now on, yeah, Knight Park?”

Chanyeol was nearly getting a heart attack after he heard the Great Lord Baekhyun spoke directly to him with a very cheerful voice. He’s just very surprised with the whole thing and he did not yet believe that he’s appointed as the Jumi Knight of Sapphire. He even replied while bowing in front of Baekhyun.

“Ah…ah…You’re right, Your Highness, I..I.. will do all of my best.. to..to.. protect you and..and.. I.. could be.. your..your..friend?”

Baekhyun’s laughing very hard when he heard the reply from the taller. Then he ordered Chanyeol to stand beside him. Chanyeol’s already been sweaty at that time and his legs were tremble when he stood at the podium, especially when he stood beside the Great Lord Baekhyun.

“The third Jumi Knight will protect our most-precious-jewel that becomes our country’s greatness symbol - the Jewel Bearer of Black Pearl. This time, The King was very sure that only the best one at this selection that will be appointed as the Jumi Knight of Black Pearl.”

Everyone at the fortress turned silence as Prince Jongin-The Jewel Bearer of Black Pearl- took one step to the front as he put a worried face in front of the audience. Jongin was also very nervous at this time, since he’s wondering if he could make a great team work with his knight. He’s very selfish and he couldn’t get along with other people very well. Instead of that, Jongin always hates the fact that he must make someone to protect him and bet his life to ensure that Jongin will be saved. He thought he’s not worth enough for someone to protect. 

“The King has been decided that the Knight who will be The Jumi Knight of Black Pearl is the knight that won the first place at the five events that which not yet announced,” the messenger continued his talk while he took a deep breath, “This amazing Knight won the first place at the Battle-Strategy event, the Massive-Attack event, the Attack of Killing event, the Strength-Performance event, and the Time-Survival Battle event. He’s very powerful and he was like a terminator machine at the last selection since he fought with no-rest and he keeps his emotion managed well during the events.”

All the audience held their breath as they wait the messenger to announce who will be the Jumi Knight of Black Pearl. They’re curious who would be this ‘terminator machine’.  

“The Knight that is honored to protect our Prince and be the Jumi Knight of Black Pearl is the First-Class-Knight Do Kyungsoo! Knight Dyo, please make your way to the podium!”

Kyungsoo screamed out his excitement while he’s punching the sky since he’s very happy with this announcement. The audience was going crazy, since they amazed  with the achievement of this small Knight. Kyungsoo made his way to the podium with a lot of pat at his shoulder and congratulatory messages-his friends were also very proud of him. After all of his hard work and his endless training, finally Kyungsoo could achieve what he wants. And top of that, he could protect his very precious Prince, Jongin.

After Kyungsoo joined with the others at the podium, he immediately kneeled in front of Jongin and waited his Prince to put on the shoulder armor with three silver stars above it. Jongin put the shoulder arm very slowly, as if he didn’t wanna put it on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. At the time, he’s very relieved because the one that protect him was none other than Kyungsoo, his best mate and his very best older brother who understand him more than any other people in his kingdom. But at the same time, he also felt guilty, worried, and afraid after realizing the fact that Kyungsoo would bet his life for him.

Imagining one day Kyungsoo will fight with a group of enemies, put him in dangerous situation, and injured very badly made Jongin afraid with this fact. Jongin’s very mad at The Black Pearl right now. If only The Black Pearl didn’t choose him from the very first, he will not put Kyungsoo on danger. Kyungsoo and Jongin will live ordinary happy-and-beautiful-teenage life. If only he was not the Prince from Domina Kingdom, he will not have a big risk to lose his two most precious boys; Kyungsoo and Sehun. If only he could escape successfully from the castle, they will make a happy life with no worries everyday…

“Yeah, you already got what you want! Congratulation, Kid!” Yifan patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder when he finally managed to get up and stand beside Jongin and Yifan.

“Okay, thank you Commander! I will not be a winner if I don’t follow your effective method, anyway…”

At that time, Jongin just looked at the ground to hide his tears in front of the public. Kyungsoo’s realizing this fact and he decided to embrace Jongin at his arms.

“Hey, what’s happening, huh? Do you not happy that I will be your Jumi Knight?”

 “It’s not, Hyung.. I’m really really relieved that you will make a team with me.. but.. but.. I’m afraid that I will put your life in danger.. I know I’m selfish but I really.. I.. really don’t wanna lose you, Hyung..”

Kyungsoo replied the younger’s word with a warm smile at his face. He lifted his head so Kyungsoo could see the worries and afraid through his eyes.

“Okay, Listen to me. I am the one who won the five competitions at the selection and they call me ‘the terminator machine’.  So, I promise to you that I will train myself harder and we train our team together so we will not only be ‘a terminator machine’ but ‘a massive and terrifying destruction combination’. Sounds cool, eh?”

Jongin did not even laugh with his Hyung’s joke, he sobs harder when he continues again, “But..what if we met some powerful enemy at the future… and I’m..I’m not good enough to fight and..you must sacrifice yourself at that battle.. Hyu..Hyung..I’m afraid that something bad happen will happen.. if you try to..to.. protect me.. I’m really afraid that I will lose you..”

 “You will not lose me, Jonginnie. I will be more careful and did not get into injury on this war,” Kyungsoo answered him with a big smile. He put his forehead on Jongin’s forehead and he continues to put the younger onto his arm and hugged him very tight, “Sst..don’t cry, Jonginnie.. Our country will win this war and we will life a happy live after all of this fuss. You will always trust Hyung, don’t you?”

After Jongin’s tired with his tears he finally managed to reply Kyungsoo’s word, “Yeah.. I will.. I will trust you.. but you must promise to me that you will not bet your life for my sake, yeah, Hyung?”

Kyungsoo nods his head calmly when continued to rubs the younger hair. Although deep inside his mind, he couldn’t say this promise.

 ‘I’m sorry, Jongin-ah. I think I cannot make this promise for you. I will always protect you whenever and wherever you need my protection. Your life is our country’s future and the Knights’ main duty is protect it with all of our soul and our body. Don’t be worried and don’t be afraid, my Prince. I promise to you that we will win this war. Together.’

End of Part 1

Teaser for part 2 - Please guess what happen next!

“I don’t really believe that you were being chosen in the end since you look like dumb and silly. What if we do some interesting duel, here, eh?”

“I’m totally awful in this lesson! Don’t ever try to make me enjoy this ability, Hyung!“

A/N : Annyeong beloved readers and subscribers!! Finally we could update the first part of the second story from our Domina Soldiers!! Aww this part was very cheesy and lil bit fail angsty (?) right *smashedbyJongin. In the next chapter, we still continue our story from Jongin and Kyungsoo on their training day and an interesting story at an important day for them! ^^ We hope you will enjoy the story, all! We will kindly appreciate your comment so we could know your opinion and please wait patiently for the next update. Thank you very much for commenting, reading and still subscribing to this story although we have been missing for ages! *bow90degrees