Final

Heaven

Note: Flashbacks are in BOLD.


Chanyeol walks side by side with Baekhyun, hands linked as they look up at they sky. They both want to fly up in the sky, summer air brushing against their faces as they enjoy the view of Seoul from up above. Well, it's a bit dangerous so they just leave it to their dreams to make it up for them. Baekhyun smiles as the clear, bright sky shines as the fleet of clouds move along the rotation of the Earth.

"Chanyeol?" He starts off as they lie down at the soft, green grass. Baekhyun uses Chanyeol's chest as his own pillow to support his head as he removes his jacket and uses it as their blankets as he faces looks into Chanyeol's dark and brown orbs. "Do you believe in second chances?"

"Yeah?" Chanyeol replies, questioning himself at his very own answer. "Yeah. I do believe in second chances, especially when it comes to loving you."

The elder gawks at the younger's cheesiness. "Now what are you trying to tell me Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes as Baekhyun sticks his tongue out and the elder decides to hit the younger playfully in the chest. Chanyeol tries to hit back, rolls Baekhyun off him so he's hovering the elder but Baekhyun is the one who wouldn't want to lose. They rolled for a few more times before Baekhyun stands up and sprints off to a not a far away distance as he looks from his back and suddenly stops.

He gasps for air and holds on to his chest as he experiences shortness of breath. He looks up and sees a grinning Chanyeol sprinting at his direction, completely oblivious of his condition. He facepalms when he sees Chanyeol trips and lands face first in the grass.

He runs again into Chanyeol direction again but suddenly stops and feels a cold bead of sweat run down his face. His face pales instantly and rushes to Chanyeol's side as he helps the younger stand up.

"Hey. You're pale again." chanyeol's face turn into worry as he places a comforting hand into Baekhyun's cheeks. "Worried about your health?"

"Yeah." Baekhyun swallows hard. "About second chances..."

"Yeah?"

"The question just came out of the blue. I mean... It suddenly popped into my mind..." He grips Chanyeol's hand harder. Chanyeol feels something bad coming. "Are you afraid?"

"Yeah." Baekhyun replies and pulls Chanyeol into a hug. "I'm afraid of losing you."

Chanyeol feels Baekhyun giving up and trying to be strong altogether.

Though he's so far away

It just keeps getting stronger

Everyday, and even now she's gone

I'm still holding on

So tell me where do I start?

'Cause its breaking my heart

Don't wanna let him go

Chanyeol enters his shared room with Baekhyun in their apartment. He eases off the tie from his neck and changes into more comfortable clothes and sits on the edge of the bed as he eyes the mini bedside table that was turned into a make shift altar. He sadly smiles at Baekhyun's picture, preserved in an elegant gold-and-silver picture frame and holds the urn besides it. The urn contains of Baekhyun's ashes together with his dad's. Chanyeol closes his eyes as he reaches out for the urn and hugs it tightly. It's been a year since Baekhyun passed away after his battle with his heart disease ends in a tragic way. More than tragic for Chanyeol and for both of their families.

Do you believe in second chances?

I'm afraid of losing you...

I love you Chanyeol...

I just wanted to hug you all day long...

Don't leave, please?

"Hey..." Chanyeol begins. "It's been a year... Yeah..." He wipes away the tears running down his cheeks.

"I miss you. So much. If I could just ask for a second chance, if I were given... It would be seeing you back again, healthy and strong once more. And I hate seeing you weak, helpless that you were before..."

The memory only left Chanyeol crying.

"If I could just turn back the time..."


Baekhyun sprints off, ignoring the pain in his chest and lets Chanyeol chase him as they run along the shore of the beach. With extremely ong limbs, Chanyeol instantly catches up to Baekhyun and hugs the elder tightly. He pouts when Chanyeol refuses to let him go and gently pushes Chanyeol into the crystal white sand.

"Hey Baek." Chanyeol mumbles into the kiss and gently places his head on Baekhyun's lap. "I thought you're suffering from a heart disease?"

"Yeah." Baekhyun looks away and his hand unconsciously ruffles Chanyeol's hair. "I'm just trying to live my life to the fullest."

"I know that Baek." Chanyeol replies, hands caressing Baekhyun's cheeks. "What I mean is... Why don't you listen to the doctor's advice of not..."

"Chanyeoooooool." Baekhyun pouts. "Whether I run or not, I'm still diagnosed with heart disease I don't care. I just want to life my life with you until the time comes..."

Chanyeol shuts him up as he pulled him down for a kiss, lips pressed gently as Baekhyun wraps his arms around Chanyeol's neck and this causes to Chanyeol sit up straight and places his hands on Baekhyun's hips, time slowing down as they slowly drown themselves into the kiss and their lips began moving to their own accord, giving each other open-mouthed kisses. Baekhyun pulls away, catching for some fresh sea air as Chanyeol smiles at him, eyes half-lidded and pulls him into a hug.

"Don't say that please..."

My friends keep telling me

That if you really love him

You've gotta set him free

And if he returns in kind

I'll know he's mine

But tell me where do I start

'Cause its breaking my heart

Don't wanna let him go

Chanyeol opens a page of the diary that Baekhyun wrote, containing all the places he dreamed to go with Chanyeol. He crosses out the second place from the Dream List Baekhyun made. He smiles as he finally finishes going all the places Baekhyun wants to go with him but then the feeling of his other half without him throughout all his adventures makes him very emotional.

1. Chanyeol-aegi, I know this seems crazy to write a very long one for the number one spot. I wanted you to go to this place LAST. Start from number six up. Trust me. You'll find the name of the place on the last page of this diary BUT DO NOT OPEN IT until you've finished all of them. Just promise me okay? Don't cheat on me. I watching you from somehwere. Hehehehe~ Love you~

P.S. Also, do not cross this out when you're done. I feel like being erased from your memories Yeol.

2. Sao Paolo, Brazil

3. Tokyo, Japan

4. Moscow, Russia

5. London, England

6. Boracay, Philippines

"This is it." Chanyeol breathes out as his hands flip the pages until it reached the last page of the diary. There was another note written from Baekhyun.

So you really did it? I hope I was there with you Yeol. I'm sorry. :(

Anyway, since you finished going to all the palces on my.. No. Our Dream List...

Here's the final place I want you to go to...

Chanyeol takes a deep breath as he reads the final line.

Go home Chanyeol. Go back to our very own home on the countryside you bought for us. I just wanted you to be there. Safe and sound. Free from all worries and from the bustling city life. You'll also find a white envelope on top of the coffee table written by myself. Please hold back the tears Chanyeol. I know you're crying right now. I don't want to see you cry. Did you know that I'm mad at myself when I saw you silently crying in our room when I was diagnosed that I have heart disease? Did you know that when I heard the words "Anytime I could die because my heart is like a ticking time bomb.", I was so angry at myself because I had made a promise to you that I'll be with you forever, remember that? I'm sorry I didn't make it Channie. If I could just... Nevermind.

I may not be physically present, but you know that in your heart and in your mind, I'll always be there forever.

I love you Chanyeol. Now and forever.

"I hate you Baekhyun." Chanyeol laughs out amidst the hiccups and sobbing. "You're always making me cry. Now I'm gonna die crying because of you."

But nevertheless Chanyeol followed what Baekhyun had told him on the note.


Chanyeol silently sits on the window side seat of the train as Kyungsoo and Jongin silently sleep their heads off as the train travels across the country. Kyungsoo and Jongin have volunteered to go with Chanyeol since it would be hard for Chanyeol to travel all alone all the way to Busan. He bitterly smiles as he sees Kyungsoo' and Jongin's hands entwined as Jongin's head was on Kyungsoo' shoulder. The two might bicker in front of everyone but when only their closest friends can see, they turn into a sweet couple. Chanyeol and Baekhun even mocked the couple once when they saw Kyungsoo and Jongin go lovey-dovey, not caring at how touchy they can be when they cuddle.

He slowly close his eyes as he drifts off to sleep, dreaming to see a healthy and strong Baekhyun waiting for him, arms wide open as he comes home from Seoul.

Chanyeol's hands hurriedly scrambles for the main door key as he hears the door know turn and it slowly opens, a smiling Baekhyun welcoming him home from another tiring day from work.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun hugs him and presses his lips gently onto Chanyeol's. "Is my hubby tired?"

Chanyeol pouts and hugs Baekhyun back. "Yeah. I'll just..."

"I have prepared the bathtub for you already." Chanyeol's eyes nearly pop out from their sockets as Baekhyun barks a laugh. "Don't tell me you're surprised?"

Chanyeol could only nod. "I love you."

"I love you too Baekhyun." He replies as Baekhyun drags him to the bathroom and they took a bath together.

~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol lies beside Baekhyun and holds the other on his waist, whispering a sweet goodnight before the other drifts off to sleep. It only left Baekhyun awake as he talks to Chanyeol, asking the younger how he was doing back at school. Chanyeol only kept silent as Baekhyun asks him the same questions again and again. 

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol sighs as he rests his head on Baekhyun's shoulders. "Aren't you ever tired of asking the same question again and again?"

The elder shakes his head with a soft smile in his face. "No. That's because I really care for you. You may. Grow tored of hearing the same question again but for me I'll never stop asking you. Why? Because time will come and you'll realize that th reason why I keep on doing this is because I care for you, because I love you..."

Chanyeol...

Chanyeol...

Chanyeol-hyung...

Chanyeol-hyung... Wake up...

Hey wake up!

"Chanyeol-hyung!!" Jongin wakes him up as he feels something warm flow down his cheeks. He sees the couples faces frown with concern as his mind reels about his dream. Had he been crying throught the time he was sleeping? Did he really miss Baekhyun so much that he'll even try to ressurect Baekhyun in his own dreams? Was he really to attached to the other guy?

Sorry is the only word Chanyeol can reply.


Tiffany reaches up for the curtain rods, her small height making it hard to reach. She tiptoes for a few more times until a hand stops her and the hand was the one who reached it for her.

"N-N-Noona..." Chanyeol's voice shakes as he hands her the curtain rod. "H-H-Here..."

Tiffany laughs out loud, noticing the boy who was shaking hard at that time. She wonders why Chanyeol's afraid of her. "Hey~"

Chanyeol jumps at her voice, nearly destorying the golden vase that nearly falls off the cabinet and breathes a sigh of relief. "N-Noona... Y-You scare me.."

Tiffany laughs out loud again and pats Chanyeol lightly on the shoulder. He squeezes his shoulder lightly and reaches for his hand, swaying it altogether as Chanyeol's body sways in rhythm. "Why is it that you're so scared of me?"

Chanyeol swallows hard as he stares into Tiffany's eyes. His heart suddenly goes dugeun dugeun as Tiffany stares back. Tiffany suddenly grabs Chanyeol's hand and drags him to the kitchen as Chanyeol groaned by the action of the older. When they reach the kitchen, Tiffany lets go off his hand and prepares some ingredients and kitchen ware. "You're gonna cook something for me?"

Tiffany looks back as she chops some onions and bell pepper. She responds with her signature eye smile that everyone loves, and she's hoping that it would work on Chanyeol too. Chanyeol feels his stiff body slowly relaxing as he smiles back and sits on the mini bar that was elegantly designed with a mini chandelier and tons of wines that were bought from Italy, France, Switzerland and Spain. He eases his back on the chair as the smell of cooked bacons, chicken and sautéed vegetables waft through his nose and into the whole of the kitchen as Kyungsoo and Jongin's footstpes can be heard as they go down the stairs and dashes to the kitchen. "Oh yeah! Noona's gonna cook for us!" The cheered as they got their chairs and positioned themselves on the dining table.

Chanyeol and Tiffany laughs back, but as the three laugh together, Chanyeol shifts in his chair as he places a hand on his chin and sighs. If you were just here with us today...

Maybe my love will come back someday
Only heaven knows
And maybe our hearts will find a way
But only heaven knows
And all I can do is hope and pray
'Cause heaven knows


When they were fnished eating, Chanyeol runs off to the living room and looks for a specific white envelope Baekhyun had told him in the note. His eyes scan the whole of the living room until he sees it, hidden in a corner of the table and pulls it out. His hands felt something hard and round as he opens the envelope, seeing a closed letter and a DVD inside it.
 
Pop this DVD into the player and wait for it to play. I hope this would help you move on~ i know it's going to be really hard for you but I know that you'll find someone who can love you better but remember, when I'm back from somewhere, you'll know that I'll be from afar, watching you. I love you Chanyeol.
 
After wiping his tears away, he places the DVD into the player and in an instant a video plays. The video stars with pitch darkness as it slowly lights up. Chanyeol grabs a pillow and hugs it tight as he watches the video. It showed of his moments together with Baekhyun, when they were still little children and it progresses when they were little kids and then into their adolescent age. He covers his face in shame as he sees himself dancing awkwardly only in his boxers as the voice of Baekhyun freaking out echoes throughout the video when he felt the sofa slowly dipping down.
 
"Is that you?" Jongin mocks as Kyungsoo and Tiffany followed suit. Chanyeol nudges Jongin's ribs playfully and ruffles his hair as Jongin pouts. "I'm just kidding."
 
They laugh and feel silent once again as they continue to watch the video. This time the video shows how Chanyeol and Baekhyun's love story progressed from just friends to lovers. It was bittersweet for Chanyeol as he remembers the years he had been through courting Baekhyun and when Baekhyun finally says "Yes, I love you Chanyeol." Chanyeol couldn't be more than happy.  The continue to watch the video as the three of them laugh and cry together. Chanyeol discovered that Tiffany was a childhood friend of Baekhyun when the latter was still in America. She returned to Korea when news reached to hert hat her father was dying and immediately went back to Korea, although it costed revoking her American citizenship. She stayed in Korea for good.
 
"I'm sorry about your loss noona." Chanyeol said softly as he grasped his crying noona's hands. Tiffany could only nod.
 
The video was about to end when the screen went dark and after a few seconds, an image of Baekhyun appears and as if he was fixing the camera. He then started speaking as if he was talking to Chanyeol.
 
"Hey Dobi!" Baekhyun waved and smiled. "It's been a long time, eh?"
 
Chanyeol bit his lower lips as he forces himself not to cry as he watches Baekhyun in the video. It's been two years since Baekhyun passed away and the emotions Chanyeol feels is just overflowing. He remembers the moment when exactly arrived home to prepare lunch for everyone back at the hospital, he receives a phonecall from Yixing and tells him that Baekhyun wants to see Chanyeol for the last time as he hears noises in the background, his friends wailing and crying as the heart rate monitor beeps in a fast rhythm. Chanyeol's heart beats fast all of a sudden. "Hurry Chanyeol-gege! He might not make it!" And Chanyeol sprints off to the hospital again but he was too late. Baekhyun passes away as soon as he arrives and the date of his death...
 
Was on his 21st birthday, November 27.
 
"........so much. I miss you. Today is your 23rd birthday right?"
 
Chanyeol 's head snaps as his eyes widen at what Baekhyun had said.
 
"Hey Dobi~" Baekhyun starts singing.
 
"Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday happy birthday~
Happy 23rd birthday my dear Chanyeollie~"
 
Chanyeol sobs uncontrollably again and continues to watch the video, but the words he hears from Baekhyun were long gone with the wind and the last sentence echoes in his mind...
 
Happy 23rd birthday my dear Chanyeollie~
 
FIN.
 

*HD - heart disease