How to Catch a Girl (Bonus Chapter)

How to Catch a Deer

 

“Man up, bro.”

 

“No.”

 

“She isn’t gonna wait forever, you know?”

 

“Yeah, I know. But knowing she’s happy is enough for me.”

 

“Lu Han, did you just seriously take a line from the cheesy K-drama that Tao likes to watch?”

 

The doe-eyed boy hung his head and nodded slightly, earning a hearty laugh from his friend, Jongdae. He never wanted to admit it at first, but he liked that afternoon drama. After all, he felt as if he understood what the lead character felt.

 

Lu Han was madly infatuated. Yes, he wanted to do something about it. No, he isn’t brave enough to actually approach the girl.

 

“Aw, come on,” Jongdae slung his arm over his hyung’s shoulders. “I bet she likes you too.”

 

“No she doesn’t…” Lu Han sighed.

 

“Yes she does! She goes to the soccer field every day just for you!”

 

“But isn’t she just going there to hang out with that friend of hers?”

 

“With the complaints I hear from Ren, I don’t think so.” Jongdae chuckled.

 

Lu Han just gave him a look before proceeding to dump his books into the lockers.

 

He found it hard to believe that the pretty secretary from two classes down, Bai Nina, actually liked him. After all, the first time he managed to approach her, she didn’t do anything but cough loudly. Maybe she didn’t like him. It made Lu Han disappointed to even think about it.

 

 

Because when he first saw her, he fell hard – well, Lu Han fell figuratively. Nina did the literal falling then.

 

The brown-haired girl was carrying a stack of books to the office until Jongdae ‘accidentally’ tripped her. Though as soon as the books fell, Lu Han saw her face and damn was it the cutest face ever. But then she looked like she was about to cry, so he decided to grab the chance and help her up. The least Lu Han expected was her name. But that didn’t exactly work because she seemed like she choked by just seeing him. He then made an excuse to bring the books for her and left the scene to avoid whatever awkward things were going to come his way. It bothered him for weeks – even more when he saw her every day by the field.

 

 

“Are you just seriously going to do nothing about it?” Jongdae asked, his hands crossed over his chest. He gave a loud tsk when the other shook his head. “I swear, you are hopeless.”

 

“I know I am.” Lu Han agreed quietly. Honestly, he couldn’t help it because when it comes to Nina, Lu Han couldn’t bring himself to talk to her because he felt like he was too weird for her. Sighing, the doe-eyed boy had already stuffed most of his books in when his friend shoved a piece of paper into his face.

 

How to Catch a Deer

 

Lu Han read the title and frowned. Deer. “Not funny.”

 

“But it’s your road to redemption.” Jongdae grinned, gesturing towards a nearby locker. Lu Han knew that it was Nina’s but he didn’t understand what his friend had just implied.

 

“What?”

 

“Put it in her locker and see what happens.”

 

Lu Han stared at him for a moment before grabbing the paper and tossing it into his own locker, making Jongdae gape at him. “It could help you!”

 

“No thanks.” Lu Han shook his head and proceeded to the soccer field. He was glad that he had to pass Nina’s classroom to get there. And he was even gladder that he could steal a glimpse of her after classes. Usually, he would see her cleaning the board or arranging the tables. Not only was she cute, she was filial and nice too.

 

As he looked into the classroom, he saw Nina sweeping the floor happily. She was smiling and talking to her friend, Ren – he assumed, as the latter did the same. Lu Han knew this was a pretty stalker move, but he couldn’t help it. Her smile was the cutest thing ever and he had no intention of letting that smile disappear.

 

“Creeper alert.” Jongdae’s voice whispered into his ear, causing Lu Han to jump and hit the door. He hid immediately, afraid his cover would be blown.

 

“What is wrong with you?” The doe-eyed boy hissed at the laughing Korean. “Do you want me to be utterly embarrassed?”

 

“Yes.” Jongdae said bluntly, peering into the classroom and ignoring Lu Han’s glares. After a while, he spoke up. “I think the new student from Beijing is good with girls.”

 

“What makes you say that?”

 

“I hear rumours,” Jongdae smirked.  “Also, he’s flirting his way around Nina and it looks like it’s working.”

 

“What?!” Lu Han huffed, shoving the poor Korean away and looking in again. And yes, there was someone talking to Nina. His advances were blatant and it made Lu Han a little annoyed. Nina seemed to have no idea and was being friendly towards him. Her innocence was endearing but it didn’t help at times like these.

 

“Ehem, list, ehem.” Jongdae coughed, interrupting his thoughts.

 

“What?”

 

“The deer-list,” The brown-haired boy suggested as he shook his head and dragged Lu Han back to his locker. “Unlock it and get the damn paper.”

 

Lu Han reluctantly did as he was told, still annoyed about the flirtatious boy a while ago. And Jongdae sassing him wasn’t helping either. As soon as he got the list, the Korean then pushed him towards Nina’s locker.

 

There.”  He pointed at it.

 

Lu Han stared at him. “What? Wait but this is –“

 

“THERE! PUT IT THERE, HOPELESS MAMMAL-HYUNG!”

 

“Fine. Geez.” Lu Han sighed, inserted the small paper into her locker and then faced Jongdae. “What now?”

 

“We run.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Jongdae grabbed Lu Han and ran away from the locker. Confused, the latter looked back to see Nina and Ren walking towards it. Yep, run. They needed to run faster, considering they’re taking the longer way to the sports field.

 

“Do you think it’ll work?” Lu Han panted, nearing their destination. Jongdae shrugged as he let go of the elder.

 

“Honestly, I don’t know.”

 

“Wait. Then why did you let me do that?” Lu Han slowed down, even more confused than before.

 

“FOR THE FUN OF IT!” Jongdae laughed and sprinted to his team before the other can hurt him. “SEE YOU, HYUNG!”

 

“Damn it, Jongdae.” The doe-eyed boy sighed, looking back at the school. He feels bad for doing that to Nina. A trick like that wasn’t going to get him anywhere near her. Today, he’ll definitely talk to her. Maybe he’ll make an excuse to softly kick the ball towards her. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

 

Determined, Lu Han walked towards the soccer practice, confident about today’s plans.

 

“Bai Nina, I’ll finally get to talk to you.”

 

 

 

---

A/N:

You guys probably hate me for multiple reasons.

BUT YOU CAN BLAME MY LAPTOP FOR IT. THIS DEMON NEVER GETS MY WORK DONE.

ehem, so firstly I'd like to thank those who liked my story

THANK YOU ALL. ILY. *throws LuNa pictures everywhere*

loljk

So special mention to ze UPVOTERS!

GalaxyMinions Yang4ever sujuteukie 

nona_96 Kpopobsessedgurl kitanojunko 

catsandexo4life limitless dizzy123

Shineelock dawningmoon

YOU FABULOUS PEOPLE MAKE MY DAY! <3