How to Catch a Deer

How to Catch a Deer

“Why not?”

 

“Because.”

 

“Because what, Ren?”

 

“Because I don’t creep on girly-looking boys.”

 

Nina gaped at her friend who blatantly insulted the love of her life. She wanted nothing more but to strangle the younger and tell her to take it back. But before Nina could even say anything, Ren cut her off.

 

“Also, I’m busy later and I don’t have time to stalk your beloved Lu Han.”

 

“Hey! I don’t sta –“        

 

“Right.” Ren rolled her eyes, closing her locker and walking away. “See ya, jie.”

 

Nina sighed as she watched her friend’s retreating back. Yet again, Ren decided to skip out on their everyday stalking chilling sessions by the soccer field.

 

Well, it wasn’t really theirs but rather hers.

 

And it was all for a certain doe-eyed soccer player.

 

 

Ever since Nina stumbled across Lu Han, she couldn’t stop thinking about him. And by stumbled across, she meant literally.

 

Nina was bringing a heavy stack of books to the teachers office when one of the boys tripped her, causing her to fall flat on her face. It was times like those when she regretted being the tiny class secretary that everyone loved to bully. But she had shoved the embarrassing thoughts aside as a handsome boy helped her up. He had given her a reassuring smile when he offered to do the task for her. Nina clearly wanted to refuse, but she choked instead. The boy mistook it as a raspy ‘yes’ and took the books from her, leaving her flushed in the middle of the hallway.

 

Later on, she learned that the boy’s name was Lu Han. And despite the awkward first meeting, she started liking him... a lot.

 

 

She reminisced happily, opening her locker and shoving a few of her things inside. It was then that she noticed a suspicious looking paper falling lightly to the floor. Nina picked it up immediately and realized that it was a list of sorts. She took a look at its title and smiled.

 

How to Catch a Deer

 

“Interesting,” Nina said to herself as she read the instructions.

 

1.    Observe the target

2.    Befriend the target

3.    Bring out the bait

4.    Wait patiently

5.    Catch the deer

 

She laughed at the list. It was funny because deer is exactly what she nicknamed Lu Han. Ren must’ve done this because only she knew about the deer jokes. Nina was touched by the thoughtfulness of her friend – even if she refused to hang-out today. She decided to go to the soccer field and get started on the list, just for fun, of course. But maybe she was way ahead of the first step. Nina grinned, putting the list in her pocket.

 

This was going to get exciting.

 

 

 

---

A/N:

Yes, exciting for me that is.

And this was originally a one shot.

BUT NO.

IT HAD TO BE CHAPTERED BECAUSE APPARENTLY IT WAS AS LONG AS FU- *gets hit by a brick*

 

I hope you like it, DeerCatcher-chingu <3