Weird

Weird

"Sena's weird. Sena's a loner." Well, it hit my eardrums daily and I would find it odd if I didn't heard it. I am not weird. I am not a loner. Doesn't talk much is not weird. I only talk when it necessary; in class when I don't understand what the teacher said and when someone talk to me. I am not alone. The books and the iPod that my dad bought as a present on my 14th birthday are my friends. They are not a living things but they are enough to make me happy and a good company whenever I feel lonely. My aunt said that we will never be alone because God is always there for us. So, I am completely not alone. Period.

I went to high school like others. I studied like others. I did normal things like others. But they still called me weird.

 

 

 

"Hey Choi Sena," I whipped around towards the voice. A beautiful girl with delicate face complimented with the silky coppery brown hair that fell perfectly over her shoulder. She accompanied with two girls behind. The girls were as beauty as her. "You're weird, do you know that? Plus, you're such a loner. Befriend with thick books. You don't have living friends. Even your parents left you."

Wow, a bad-mouthed girl. I should take back my compliments that I threw. I stood there, staring at her with stoic expression. I never fight back. My parents taught me not to fight people even they insult you.  Just walk away, Sena. Walk away.

Thud!

She pushed me hard till the books that was secured in my chest scattered on the floor. I crouched down to pick the books up, she said "Hey, are you deaf? I'm talking to you weirdo!"

I heard she huffed her rage, soon after, I heard a slapping sound. Ouch, that must be hurt.

I found the girl was the red spot that adorned her right cheek. And... Chanyeol.

"Oppa, why did you do that?" the girl voice laced with hurt and the tears brimmed in her eyes. I bet it would fall sooner or later. Chanyeol didn't answered her, instead, he faced me with the eyes that I couldn't describe even a bit.

"Are you hurt?" it softly greeted my eardrums. Those three words miraculously slip out from his mouth. His hands were on my shoulder whilst eyeing my whole body to find any possible scar or wound.

"N-No..." I muttered. This was overwhelming to accept. Someone out of blue stood before me, defended me. Soon after, a warm grasp encircled my wrist, Chanyeol said "Kim Yejin, we are so done." Then he brought me away from the scene.

 

 

 

Chanyeol and I often walked home together. Not that we didn't do it before, it just became a daily routine for us now. We were living under the same roof, it wasn't  a crime for us to stroll down the streets to get home.

This guy  made me anxious. I talked now. A lot. Regarding our activities, we comfortably exchanged our stories. I love it. I found it strange, beautifully strange. Our laughters harmonized our surrounding. It was a peace of mind.

 

 

 

"Yeol, don't you find me weird?" I asked when the both of us having teatime at our backyard. He cocked a brow, "Why would I?"

"Well, everyone in school called me weird. The classmates called me weird. Your friend called me weird. It's odd. I'm not weird, right? I'm  just nerd or dork. They should have call me nerd instead of weird. Am I right, Yeol?" I gazed him with the eyes that filled with hopes and determinations.

Instead of answer that should stumble out from his mouth, he gave a soft peck on my cheeks. "I like it when you talk. You talk too much."

The cheeks now flushed with rosy pink and I quickly lowered my head to let the hair down, helping me hid the blush from his sight. My lips slowly forming a smile. Did I like it? It felt nice though. This is weird.

 

 

 

My aunt wasn't home one night. She told that she got a night shift. I didn't mind to cook for me and Chanyeol. I was used to it before. After finished making the dinner for the two of us, I searched Chanyeol but to no avail. Hall, living room, study room, his room, even bathroom giving me a negative results.

The autumnal breeze brushed against my skin and made me shiverred. Without wondering why the door to the balcony wide opened, I went towards it to close but something stopped me. A pair of legs hanging from the roof, I shut my eyes in haste and screamed a lungful of air.

The next thing I realized, I was in someone warm embrace. The scent was familiar to my impulses. Chanyeol. "Hey,shush. I'm here." Yes, it was him.

Blinking, I stared him, "Where were you?"

"On the roof," he said blatantly.

Then it hit me. It was him. I smacked his chest without even care if he hurt. He stepped backward and put his hands before his chest for protection. "What was that for?!"

"For freaking me out!"

 

 

 

Every night that my aunt out for work, we both would sit on the rooftop. The part of my house that I didn't even knew until I discovered that it was the place for Chanyeol to ease his mind. Yes, ease his mind on a great height from the ground at the rooftop. He told me that.

"It's nice isn't it?" he breathed the night breeze.

I stared at him, admiring his features from the side. He was good-looking, no wonder that she girls at our school didn't stop themselves flirting shamelessly on him.

From his sight gazing the lonely moon, he then turned to me. He flashed a weak smile. "The moon is lonely today but I know that tomorrow and onwards the stars will be by it side. Helping the moon decorates the dark sky with their beauty," he said. I tilted my head , trying to decipher.

"Not like me. I have no one to be by my side. I caught myself alone in this world. God is punishing me. God had tool my parents away. My best friends are away and barely connectable. I always had bad girlfriend. I don't even know what is my fault for having this punishment," that was the first time I saw a boy this vulnerable. A tear fell on his lap, leaving a dark round spot on his pants. He's cying!

I placed my hand on his and lightly squeezed his trembling hands. I knew how he felt. I faced the same situation too. I gueesed it was too overwhelm for him to accept it.

"I know how you feel, Yeol. It's okay. Everything will be fine. I lost my love ones too. I am here by your side. You're not alone." We are on the same boat. Without any captain to incharge it. We are the only hope to survive, we need to get up, stands on our feet. We can do tis. We both can face this. Together.

The boy lit up and I caught myself in his hug. It felt warm, secure and not alone. he loosened it, " Will you promise that you will be  by my side forever? no, eternity?" he asked. His hands were still securely wrapped aroung my shoulder. I wanted it to be longer, just stay like this longer than I could imagine.

I nodded as a response and received a wide grin from him. It wasn't the goofy grin that he always flashed whenever we talked. It was a grateful and sincere that I saw.

"It's a promise, Sena. You have to keep it. If you break it, I will get you till the very end of the world." Is he threatening me?

He took out a rusty nail that I didn't bother to know where the hell that he got it. He wrote something on the surface of the zinc and I cringed to the unpleasant creaking sound.

25/10/12

"25th of October. In the autumn night, at the roof of our house, Choi Sena has promises Park Chanyeol that she will stay by his side for etenity," he exclaimed. I chuckled and it stopped as a pair of lips covered mine. Park Chanyeol kissed me. It didn't felt weird, odd, surreal nor strange. It was nice, great and sincere. I could felt the jittery feeling inside of me. But still, It was nice.

25th of October. In the autumn night, on the roof of our house, Park Chanyeol kissed Choi Sena. He made her felt normal, alive and not weird anymore.

 

 

 



 wrote: 3rd of November 2013

posted: 22nd of November 2013