The Start

Two Throws

I don't know how I'm going to start the story. Should I focus on myself, Kyungri or Chen? This is something new to me. I need a story that fits the criteria, you know the usual Introduction,tension, and resolution.. Yeah, that one! The one that bores me everytime during drama lessons. Maybe we should start from the day I first met my girlfriend. Yeah... That would be nice. An Introduction! Yes!

Of all day, I decided to wear my most feminine outfit that I could find in my wardrobe, to my first day of college. To be honest, I was threatened to wear them if not I won't be able to get the 'We Are The Blog' 5 track debut album! They are one of the favourite band I got into lately! My parents knew how much I wanted that album, you can't find one anywhere in Korea so you have to order it online and have it delivered here! A CD from the states, WOAH! So, my parents used this weakness on me and forced me into wearing a summer dress. 

They probably got tired of my daily outfit, buttoned checkered shirt with either high waist pants or ripped jeans. Don't forget those heavy military boots that I absolutely love, they are a part of me. I usually tie my hair up and cover it with a beanie or any head accesories to hide my long hair. I didn't like to look girly at all. Never have I tried wearing pink and yellow because they look gay. Well, kind of. I was lucky that I wore nothing pink and yellow and focus on white as my colour. Nevertheless, it felt awkward, I realised that my type of clothes for the day affected the way I bring myself. I talked more femininely and I don't even listen to my music on full blast!

However, there was nothing to be ashamed of, I was astonished by my own beauty. I look quite like the girlfriend material, those girls that boys will actually date and wants as a girlfriend. If only Chanyeol and Luhan, they would never be able to take their eyes off of me just like the guys in the subway right now. They kept staring and smiling at me, giving me the disgusting ertic face. Who can u blame? I would stare at me too for being so attractive.

Anyways, when I reached the front gate of the school and a crowd of new batch freshies were there laughing and talking to each other. What surprises me was that there were already a bunch of people who were talking to each other as if they were friends since elementary school! Why are people extra friendly when they are in college? I approached a guy wearing a shirt that says 'Senior Helper' and ask him for the direction that I should go to for my particular major. He showed me the way and told me to queu at the long line to register myself once again before starding my day at the college. I got into the line and there is this group of girls in front of me, they were all so fine. Tall, killer waves and y smile on all of them. Suddenly, one girl from the group waved at me with the sweetest smile I have ever seen. 

"Hi! What's your name?" she asked as she flashes her eye smiled.

"Ray! What's yours?" this time the other girls looked at me and starting greeting me.

"Ray? Hhhrrmm... I'm Kyungri!" she moved closer towards me. She's beautiful.

"You're hot!" way to ruin the atmosphere dawg! I look at the person behing me, he was wearing a loosed sweater and he have this sly smile plastered on his face when I look at him. 

He waved at me and I rolled my eyes at him, trying to show my unhappiness with him because he took the spotlight away. 

"Ouh?" Kyungri looked at him qestioningly before she continued, "You're Chen, right?" 

I frowned when I heard what she asked him. So, they knew each other and I rolled my eyes at him? Wow! Way to go for a first impression Ray. Hopefully this Chen guy is someone who doesn't talk about past incidents and bring up about how arrogant I am to him on our first meeting. I smiled at him, wanting to get rid of the tension that I had with him and he surprisingly smiled widely back at me. Chen nodded at Kyungri after giving me a wink. Eeewww!

"Where's your boyfriend?" Chen asked.

"He didn't tell you? Aren't you guys friends?" Kyungri frowned.

"What happened?" he tilted his head to the side. Is he stupid or what? If girls says it in that manner, it means that they broke up!

"We broke up." I saw how her face changed when she said that.

Who the hell would break up with such a girl? She is so gorgeous to the eyes! What a stupid guy for doing something like that!

"I-I'm sorry... I've not been talking to him since a few months back. I didn't know." Chen pursed his lips together.

"It's ok... You two should catch up with each other at times.." Kyungri smiled. I wasn't sure if it was a sarcastic way of saying it or if she was sincere but I guess the mesage came across since Chen laughed a little at that thought.

"I don't think so." he ran his fingers through his hair. 

Kyungri nodded and looked at me. 

"Would you like to join our group?" she asked as she smiled sweetly again.

"Can I?" I laughed awkwardly.

"Of course!" 

"Would your friends be ok with it?" I asked again, I don't want to make things awkward around them.

"I just knew them today... It should be fine." 

Wow! College people must really be soooo open to strangers. How come they look so close when it's their first day getting to know each other? I see no awkwardness at all, litreally!

"Then, can I join too?" Chen asked, he sounds scarily serious this time.

"What?" Kyunri frowned before breaking into a smile, "try to keep up then." 

I knew what she meant to be honest. Girls have this things - i mean women have this this things they talk about, they talk about clothes, hot men, actors, sale, romantic comedy films and shoes. They hardly ever talks about other things. Even though, I'd loved to be near the sweet and bubbly Kyungri, I hate women conversation. I've always tried my very best to prevent my mother from talking about it and when i thought it was over for my mother, this just had to wind up, huh? I looked at Kyungri when she was looking away and took this chance to pretend that someone was texting me. It was my plan to move away from the group so I could linger somewhere else, maybe to the guy with the skates at the end of the line.

"Err Kyungri." I nudged her at the shoulder, "I'm gonna go meet my friend at the end of the line... I'll see you later!" 

"Don't be late, our queu is almost up. You don't want to requeu from the start..." Kyungri shook her head.

"I might... especially when my friend is there..." I laughed and I'm glad she understands my reasoning.

I looked behind me and I saw Chen staring at me like I did an unforgivable sin. He frowned and went nearer to me, making me take a step backwards just to avoid clashing onto his face. Haha! Anyways, he looked at me weirdly and laughed a little.

"Where you going, Miss?" he asked.

"I'm meeting my friend..." this guy can't get any more annoying than this.

"OOhhhhh... Bring me along please?" he blinked his eyes a lot of time, pleading me to take him with me.

"Didn't you want to go with them?" 

"I would but they will be talking about shoes and shoes and sale!!" wrong. They will be talking about clothes, hot men, actors, sale, romantic comedy films and then shoes! Guys need to get that right! Whatever it is, hearing Chen complained and being the girl that I am, I totally understood him so nodded. I let him walk around with me.

"I thought we were meeting your friend?" he asked.

"Sorry for the disappointment but honestly, I was trying to avoid the shoes and shoes and sales conversation." I rolled my eyes.

"That's weird. I can't tell from the way you dress that you hated those topics!?" he asked in disbelief.

"I hate it! It makes me sick." I imitated someone vomiting.

"That's great then! So, where are we going?" I puckered my lips, pointing towards the dude who was holding a skateboard by his side.

"Are you trying to hit on him?" Chen asked.

This Chen guy is really funny. How can he ask so many question to a stranger-turn-friend-in-a-day this type of question? I'm amazed at how he doesn't even feel awkward asking all that. This is something I should learn from him, well, at least he is not being a two-sided sneaky little fox.  I looked at Chen before nodding.

"Yep. I just had to, he is too attractive!" I smiled as I dream about me just playing with him.

"Girls and their crushes on boys!" Chen shook his head, "well, I admire your bravery to make the first move."

I laughed loudly and playfully pushed him on the shoulder, "You have no idea!" 

I didn't know why but Chen and I practically jog towards the skater dude. When we stood in front of him, he gave a little frown before smiling at me. I waved my hands and bring it forth towards him, I need to be nice first.

"I'm Ray... This is Chen." I pointed at Chen and they shook hands.

Both of their attention is on me while I checked the skateboard out. The wheels looks different than the usual skateboards I saw at my neighbourhood. I don't think anybody have those type of wheels! Don't let me start with the design of that skateboard, it's just so sleek! Everything is just totally my style.

"Woah Woah! Ray, try to tone the stares down a litt-" I cut Chen's words and immediately look at the skater dude.

"What's your name again?" I asked him.

"It's Jongin. I'm fine with being called Kai though." his gaze was different.

"Where'd you get the skateboard?" I asked him, sincerely curious.

"I got it as a gift." he said calmly.

"What the hell? There are people who would give that beauty as a gift?" I do realised my mouth was gaping wide open. Yeah, I do but who cares?!

"Uh yeah?" Kai was totally freaked out with my facial expression, Im sure!

"Then, I'm here to tell you that, those wheels are not your normal type of wheels. It's something really rare to get! Please take care of it!" I told him, emphasizing on every word I said because it's really important.

"You sound like a skater..." Kai guessed.

"Took you long enough... Listen Kai..." my voice trailed off as I blush in embarassment.

"Yeah?" He asked awkwardly which I don't even know why. Oh wait, it's cause we just knew each other seconds ago and Im goo goo-ing over his skateboard. Very normal for a girl indeed.

"If I wanted to ride this for a little while.. Would it be fine for you?" I pointed towards his skateboard.

"uhh.. Sure.. just be careful with it..." Kai handed me her skateboard and before I knew it, I was skating around the big entrance of the school. 

I don't give a little bit trash to the people who was looking at me attentively as if I was some drug dealer. It must be very rare for them to see a girl skating in a dress. Ok, I admitted that I'm wearing such an inappropriate clothing but heck it! I don't care anymore!

"Thanks a lot!" I exclaimed after trying a few rounds of small tricks.

"You skate well!" Kai smiled, satisfied with my skills. I'm sure he has a crush on me now because of my awesome skateboard-ing skills. HA!

I'm telling you, I'm better at skateboarding than most of the guys in my neighbourhood. My skate buddies, Chanyeol and Luhan, who are also known as being the best skater,  can't beat me. I have a few tricks up my sleeves and I just execute thing pretty darn well. It's hard to explain, people need to see it to believe it. It was really difficult to reach this achievement, I was sent to the hospital loads of time and the doctor told me to get ready for old age. He said I would have very weak bones that might not be able to support me. Eventually, I'll just be a grandma-in-bed anyway no matter how cool I am now.

The ringing from my handphone brought me back to reality. 

"Hello?" I answered the call immediately.

"Ya! We're meeting tonight. Want to join us? We'll prolly be goin to our usual hangout and just chill there for a drink or something." Chanyeol's voice louder trying to fight against the loud noise in the background.

"I'll come! Where are you now? Soo loud, too loud that my ears hurt!" I shouted through the phone, forgetting that Kai and Chen was around me. 

"See you tonight then!" she heard Luhan shouted in the background and they hung up. The guys didn't say where they were.

"You guys want to join me for supper?" I asked Chen and Kai leisurely.

"I'll passed. Next time..." Kai smiled awkwardly, I didn't notice how shy he was before this.

"I'll go!" Chen smirked.

"Alright then. Meet me at Hongdae subway station exit 2! Be there by 9PM!" I I waved to Chen and Kai.

"Where you going?" Chen asked.

"I'm going to the toilet! Why? You want to follow me there too?!" I asked loudly, honestly I didn't think about the large crowd who is looking at Chen and me after I shouted that. 

I can't wait to tell Chanyeol and Luhan about the skateboard I saw and my first day in school with my encounter with Kyungri, so far she is the closest to my ideal type. I'm sure they would smack me in the had and be like...

"It's a women again huh?" 

I know Luhan and Chanyeol knows me so much!