Singing

Xiuhan fluff bingo

Singing was something that came naturally to Luhan and Minseok envied him for it.

He knew when he chose the Chinese group instead of Korean, that it wouldn’t be easy for him but he thought Jongdae would share his troubles. In the beginning it was like that but after a while, their differences really started to show up. While Jongdae got lines as much as Luhan or even more, definitely more than Yixing, Minseok was stuck with mere oneliners. He accepted the fact and tried to talk himself over it, reasoning that Jongdae was their main vocal after all.

As the eldest, he didn’t talk about it and just smiled nonchalantly and brushed it pass if someone asked about it. He nodded and spoke in broken Mandarin for interviews, depending on the interpreter even more than before. Slowly the hate, the loss of lines, the silence, gnawed a hole inside his heart. A hole he didn’t know how to fill anymore and it kept growing larger with each release.

Minseok put everything he had into dancing. He spent hours and hours in the studio, perfecting his steps, choreographing and learning new steps until his legs gave out. It didn’t help. In the end, it was Yixing who shined through dance. They practiced together, the longs hours only led Yixing having the title of main dancer, leaving Minseok again with nothing.

It happened suddenly in the middle of the night. Minseok’s body wrung tight as he sobbed, waking up to the mere power of his cries. Almost violently he brushes the tears off his eyes, just to cry more. Minseok didn’t know how long he cried, feeling exhausted and embarrassed although no one was there to see him breaking down. He wasn’t supposed to break down over something so small, so what if he didn’t have parts and if he was only known for something his groupmate made up for him? At least, he was doing what he dreamed since child.

Another sob wrecked through his body, was he really doing what he dreamed? Minseok bit his lip, fighting back another sob as he reached for his phone. Almost as unconsciously he typed up a message, ignoring the clock telling it was well past 2am and sent it. Clutching on the device he buried himself back under the covers, muffling the sobs to his arm.

He didn’t even hear the door opening and closing, knowing only the person he sent a message really came when the mattress dipped behind him. Wordlessly, he was wrapped in strong arms, pulling their bodies flush. Minseok sighed brokenly, moving his hand to clasp their hands together as the tears continued to run.

Luhan nuzzled Minseok’s neck before laying a soft kiss on the heated skin. He held the smaller man until the sobs came to quiet end. “Minseokah?” He whispered with another kiss before turning the man in his arms.

Minseok shook his head, burying into Luhan’s warm body, arms still wrapped tightly around himself.  Luhan nodded, burying his face in the elder’s hair as just held him close.  

“Why I’m even here” Minseok breathed, voice groggy from all the crying. “I’m nothing,” he continued, moving to get his arms wrapped around Luhan’s body.

“You are everything, Minseok” Luhan said, utterly confused about Minseok’s behavior.

“I’m nothing!” Minseok said angrily, pushing Luhan but the younger didn’t let go, keeping him close. “Let me go!”

“Minseok.” Luhan said, looking at the other. “I’m not sure what’s going on but don’t think you are nothing. We need you, EXO needs you.”

“EXO needs me?” Minseok spat, finally getting enough energy to push away. “You’re telling me the group needs me when I merely have 30 seconds in the whole album? Anyone, even Duizhang or Tao can take over my parts.”

Luhan stared at him, taking in the rapid breath and disheveled look. “Those thirty seconds are all I hear, Minseok.” He said quietly, almost shyly as he averted eyes from the other. “I need you.” He said, stronger and looking back at the other. “You called me over, Minseok. It’s... you never let the members see you cry and yet you called me over now. Let me help you.”

Minseok shook his head slowly, fingers playing with the sheets. “How?” He breathed, “How can you help when no one sees me. You’ve seen it, Luhan.” He said, looking right at the younger man. “The venues glowing yellow, green, white and blue for you four while me and Jongdae have nothing. Jongdae at least can sing. I have nothing to show, I’m not even there with you, I’m invisible.” He whispered, voice breaking again with unshed tears.

Luhan gasped, moving his hand to cup Minseok’s  cheek gently,  “that’s not true. You’ll have more parts when your Mandarin gets better. I’ll let you sing some of mine.” he said, looking at the other closely. “I will show them you are-“

“Shut up, Luhan.” Minseok sighed, too tired to listen anymore. “You know those are all lies.”

Luhan bit on his lower lip and sighed softly, looking at the other closely. “If you quit now, I’ll leave with you, baozi.”

Minseok looked like he wanted to argue but Luhan didn't let him, “sleep” he said, pulling the older closer. “We’ll talk about this in the morning.” He whispered, tilting Minseok’s face up to kiss him softly. He smiled, pecking the lips again, “I’ll make you the most popular member.”

Minseok couldn’t help but laugh at that, kissing Luhan once more before resting down. “Thanks”

It took 6 months, Minseok still didn’t have more parts in songs but he got the fans. He grinned, looking at the screen when Luhan it to his face. “Look! You’re trending. It’s been hours already!” He said excitedly. “I told you! They love you, baozi. The fans love you now”

Minseok shook his head, pulling Luhan down to a laughter filled kiss. “They still don't let me to sing”

“Sing to me” Luhan breathed, tugging the other’s lip with his teeth before kissing it softly.

“Whatever” Minseok grinned and tugged Luhan off towards his bedroom. “I’ll make you sing first” 

Luhan gawked, following him with loud "Ya, MInseok!"