Chapter Three - This Warm Feeling

The Moment My Heart Started Beating

Recap:

"Well, having dinner and some drinks with the guys might help you forget about today. Cheer up.", Jonghoon said as we were pulling up to the restaurant's parking lot.

I sure do hope a drink or two can help me shove this off tonight. I'm probably just overreacting and confused by her beauty. Ottoke?... We got out of the car and started heading towards the restaurant door. With a new and cleared mind it will be all edit for tomorrow's shoot. I was beginning to get back to my normal self when I see the person next to Minhwan. What in the world???

"Ya! Hongki and Jonghoon are finally here! Come take a seat guys, I'm starving!", Jaejin called out to us. Is this really happening?

 

-------------------------•●※●•-------------------------

 

Chapter ❸

 

Mina's point of view

He's arrived, both Jonghoon and Hongki are here. I knew he was coming, but for some reason something inside me was hoping that he wouldn't show up... Somehow being in his presence makes me feel a bit nervous, like a weird nervous I can't really explain. I don't know what type of weird feeling this is, but it definitely makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. Ever since we met yesterday he looks at me with such an expression that I can't read, it feels...strange. I think it might be that I didn't give him a good impression and that's the reason why he looks at me like that, but I was being friendly...I think.

Should I try to avoid talk with him, should I just pretend he's not here? Omo, he's giving me that look again, what in the world is wrong with this guy? I thought for sure we'll get along, everyone around me told me that he's the most easiest person to get along with. Could it be just me then? Aigo...

I should just be nice and greet them, "Annyeonghaseyo", I tried to sound as friendly as I could and smiled at them.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Jonghoon the quiet one, I think is his name, replied with a nice warm smile. Wow he is really handsome and you can tell that he works out. His body looks nicely toned. Okay Mina, don't stare.

"Hi.", Hongki gave a short greeting finally looking away. I'm not sure why, but every time he just stares at me I get a tingly feeling. I felt the shivers just thinking about it.

Omo, there is only one open seat which is a seat next to Jaejin facing me. I guess an option will be to grab a chair and sit next to me. Please oh please don't let Hongki sit in front of me. I don't want to be facing him the entire time. Aish, but if he sits next to me it would be awkward and I will have to talk to him. Aigo. Ottoke?!?

Jonghoon was the first to make a move and chose the seat that faces me. Darn, that only gives Hongki the option of grabbing a chair and sit next to me. He grabbed a chair and as he walked towards me with a chair in his hands he gives me a small smile, sets the chair down gives a short bow, and quickly sat down. That smile, wow... It was indeed a nice smile. Again, I started feeling tingly inside. Why is this happening to me? It feels awfully strange.

 

Throughout the night we all had a nice dinner with great conversations and jokes. The food here was delicious! I ate way too much because it was just so good, I have no idea where I was able to fit it all. Even though I was surrounded by men, except for the stylist that seemed more of like a woman, it felt pretty comfortable. Maybe tomorrow's filming will be better than today, I really do hope so!

I was busy lost in my thoughts about tomorrow's filming, that out of the blue I hear Seunghyun ask from across the table, "Mina-ssi, do you have a boyfriend?".

I was really surprised. "A..b-boyfriend?", was all I managed to let out. The question really caught me off guard.

"Yes, a boyfriend! Jaejin, Minhwan, and I were trying to figure out if you have a boyfriend or not. I personally think you don't, but Minhwan here thinks you do. So c'mon tell us!", Seunghyun explained.

When were they talking about this that I didn't even notice? Ah, must have been while I was busy with my own thoughts. I guess I'll just answer honestly, it's not a big deal.

"No. I don't have a boyfriend.", I answered truthfully. Like I said, no big deal. Although the question surprised me, they're just being curious.

"Jinjjaro, you really don't?!", Minhwan asked with a doubtful look on his face.

"No way. You're really pretty!", Jaejin said looking surprised.

"See, I knew it. Sorry, I don't mean anything by it. I just had a feeling. I think I have good senses. Haha." Seunghyun tried to explain and let out a short laugh.

"Ani it's okay, but is it that obvious that I'm single? Do I let out some kind of aura?", I asked really wanting to know since he mentioned having good senses..

"Well you see, 90% of the time, I can tell by just looking at a girl. Basically I can tell by her looks.", Seunghyun tried to explain, but now I'm confused. He can tell by just looks? There's no way.

"The way I look? Do I look funny or weird...?", I never really payed too much attention on if I look weird of not, but if he can tell I'm single just on my looks then it must mean I look weird? Ah this is no good...

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way you look;", Hongki said with a slight serious face making eye contact with me. He then turned to Seunghyun and added, "stop talking about your 'senses', you're going to creep her out.".

"No, please continue. How can you tell if someone is single by looks?", I asked Seunghyun because now I'm really curious.

"You're not weird looking at all, on the contrary you're very beautiful.", Minhwan blurt out and gave me a really cute honest smile.

He's younger than me, in fact they all are, but he looked so confident with his words. No doubt he's a very handsome young man, his compliment made me blush a little. I hope no one noticed.

"Gamsahabnida.", was all I could reply to his compliment. I could feel I was still blushing so I tried not to make eye contact with him.

"That's how I was able to tell that you're single.", Seunghyun explained trying to break the silence, "pretty girls like you are a bit hard to be approached. Guys tend to lose confidence and get intimidated so they don't try anything.".

He tried to explain to me, but instead of getting an answer I felt a bit more confused. Pretty girls like me are hard to be approached? What does that mean? Aigo.. This was not an answer I was expecting to receive. Ottoke?

I tried to forget what happened and started drinking; that for sure will make me forget. The guys began playing a drinking game, all of them except for Hongki. I thought he was a big drinker? Well, at least that's what I was told.. Anyway I decided to join them, since I didn't own a car here in Korea I don't need to worry about driving. I can just call a taxi and problem solved. And since we don't start filming the video until tomorrow afternoon, I don't have to worry about that either. Now, time to have a little bit of fun!

 

-------------------------•●※●•-------------------------

 

Hongki's point of view

A drinking game huh? Looks like Jonghoon is joining the fun, I guess I can be the designated driver tonight. It's my turn anyway.

"As much as I'd like to join in on the drinking, I'll pass this time. I could really use a few drinks, but it's my turn to be the sober one this time. So drink up. But remember, don't drink too much, we have a photo shoot tomorrow morning.", I reassured Jonghoon and reminded everyone. It won't be stress relieving to just watch them drink, but it is my turn. *sigh* How I really wanted to drink. I guess next time I'll just drink double.

I turned over to take a small glance at Mina and to my surprise she was already looking at me. She looked at me with confused look on her face. I wonder what she's thinking about to have that face. Although she had a confused look, she still looks very pretty under the light that is shining down from the ceiling. The more I look at her the more I want to stare; it's as if her eyes captivate me. No, I have to shake this off. If I try anything with her, she will end up being hurt and I shouldn't do that to her. She looks like a sweet innocent girl.

"Ya, you sure you don't want a drink, Hongki?", Jaejin asked with a bottle on his hand breaking the spell.

"Eh? Oh, no. Not tonight. We need a sober driver.", I replied while trying to shake up nonsense thoughts from my mind.

It has barely been about fifteen minutes since they all started drinking and Mina already looked drunk. How many drinks has he had, around 3 maybe? She really can't drink at all. Hahaha it's pretty cute actually.

"Guys, I think it's time for me to go home. I've had three drinks, not counting the margarita, and I already feel a bit drunk.", Mina said after gulping down the las remaining of her third beer.

"Oh c'mon, you've only had three beers!", Seunghyun said jokingly, "that's weak!".

"Sorry, I was drinking fast and I think I'm just not a good drinker. Kekeke. Maybe next time I'll be able to handle more!", she replied suggesting a next time?

"I need to call a taxi, what's the name of this place? I can't remember..", Mina asked while searching her purse for her phone.

"What, you can't take a taxi while you're drunk. What if you get taken advantage of?", Minhwan told Mina with a worried look on his face, "I'll drive you.".

"You can't drive, are you crazy? You've been drinking.", I reminded him. "I'll take her home. I'm the only who can drive.".

"Ani, you don't need to. I'm okay taking a taxi, nothing will happen. Besides you need to drive everyone else home.", Mina told me with her phone in her hand.

"No. I will drive you home. The guys can just take van and the driver will take them home.", I reassured her. No way I was going to let her take a taxi at her state.

"No, it's really okay. I've taken the taxi many times before. I'll be fine.", Mina tried to convince us.

"Un, yeah listen to Hongki. He can take you home. We'll worry if you take a taxi.", Minhwan told Mina. He's acting awfully strange.

"Well, okay. But just because my head feels funny and I can't dial the number properly. Kekeke.", Mina said while standing up.

I didn't think it was going to take a lot of insisting for her to let me drive her home. Why was she so hesitant? It's not like I'm going to do anything to her. It's a bit dangerous for a drunk girl to take a taxi this late by herself in the city. Besides, she should be thankful that I'll be saving her some money. Her apartment isn't so close to the restaurant!

We headed out towards the car and she looked like she had two left feet. Jinja?? She only had 4 drinks. She probably can't take the alcohol since she's so skinny.

 

I looked over to get another peak of her face and to my surprise I found her dead asleep on the passengers seat. She looked quite peaceful and pretty, apart from the small drool that's hanging out from her lips. Her beautiful pink lips... Agh, shake it off! We're almost there.

When I finally got to her apartment I found it to be a pretty nice simple white apartment. It looks rather fitting for her. Anyway, time to wake her up I'm not sure if I should carry her...

"Mina wake up, we're home. I mean, we're at your apartment...", I said softly trying not to startle her.

"Hmmm.. Home? Oh yeah. That's right, you drove me here...", she spoke softly with a small yawn. I was so close to her that I felt her warm breath reach my face. It felt rather nice.

"Arigato gozaimasu, I really appreciate you giving me a ride home.", Mina thanked me in Japanese while getting off the car. Was it a mistake or does she know that I can speak Japanese?

"Wait, I'll walk you to your apartment. I should make sure you make it home safely.", I said to her while grabbing her hand. Aish... I really don't know what went through my mind when I grabbed her hand.

She looked at our hands and then looked a me with a surprised look, but after 5 seconds she nodded her head. At that point I decided to let I of her hand and just grab her by her arm to make sure she wouldn't trip on something.

It was quiet on the way to her apartment, she didn't say a word. It made me nervous for some reason. *sigh* Why am I feeling nervous? It's just a girl you're walking with. There's no reason to be feeling nervous.

 

We finally got to apartment number 48 located on floor 4. She didn't have a big purse, but somehow she still managed to struggle finding her keys. Must be that she's still that drunk? But she barely had anything to drink. She shouldn't even drink if she can't handle it.

After a minute of struggling she finally found her keys and unlocked the door. She took two steps in and turned around facing me. She took two steps, but somehow we were still very close to each other. I can feel her really close.

"Thank you, for driving me and making sure I made it safely.", Mina said with a sincere, sweet, low voice and gave me a beautiful warm smile.

That time I also felt her warm breath reach my face. It felt good, though it smelled like alcohol, but I didn't mind. Suddenly I had the urge to have her closer to me, to feel her body heat next to mine. Am I crazy for wanting that? I really can't stand having her so close to me and not touch her. I need to feel her warmth. I suddenly felt like gravity was pulling me and I stepped closer to her.

"Hongki? What are you doing? Why are you...", Mina asked, but I didn't let her finish. I put my index finger on her lips and said, "Shh... Don't say anymore..." And with that, I let myself go...