No Way!

Awkwardness Apocalypse!

 

***

 

“I’m telling you, your secret admirer is just GORGEOUS!!!” boomed Heechul, to everyone’s total bewilderment. Had Heechul just complimented someone who was not himself?! And a GIRL at that???

IMPOSSIBLE!!! screamed everyone’s brain. As though he was a ghost, the room stared at Heechul, eyes wide and unblinking.

But inwardly, Heechul was laughing his off. Hehehe!!! I can’t believe they bought it!

“So, is it settled, then! Yeye hyung’s goin on a hot daaaaaaaate~”

As Super Junior rolled their eyes in unison, Heechul literally had to bite into his lip to prevent himself from bursting into uncontrolled devilish giggles.

 

***

 

“But… that person likes chicken too!”

That was the first sentence that actually caught Jinki’s interest. Slowly, his head lifted up a bit, hands stopping mid-way through cutting a cucumber.

“Likes. Chicken!!!” punctuated Jonghyun for effect, grinning in victory. How beautiful the girl was, how clever, how incredibly y, how rich and well-educated – none of that seemed to interest Jinki one bit. For the past hour, the only way in which Jinki had ever acknowledged Jonghyun’s chatty presence was cutting the vegetables far more strongly than necessary.

“Is that a yes I hear~” nudged Jonghyun slyly.

“Why are you so intent on getting me a date?” asked Jinki, voice hardly audible, angrily eyeing the chopped-up peppers.

“For heaven’s sake, Jinki! It’s just a little date!”

“You haven’t answered my question.” Jinki calmly noted, slamming his knife into an onion so forcefully, the poor veggie fled the counter and finished on the floor.

“You haven’t answered mine either~!” sang Jonghyun while grinning so widely, it made Jinki wonder for a moment if Jonghyun was possessed by the devil...

Or worse - Kyuhyun.

 

***