Lightning and Laughter

Awkwardness Apocalypse!

Thunderstorm? Tsunami? World War III???

Maybe, this was even worse.

The very heavens were trembling because they knew: Cho Kyuhyun was coining another hilariously devilish scheme, together with his most wicked accomplice.

And what fun would that be, if some utterly unassuming victim didn’t explode from embarrassment and awkwardness?

“I gotta admit, Kyu, I feel a bit bad for them!” snickered Heechul, his wild giggles totally denying his own words. “A tiny little baby-bit.”

“Yeah, Heechul, please don’t cry!” mocked Kyuhyun in a ridiculous falsetto. “I bet we’ll have the laugh of a lifetime-”

A flash of lightning suddenly illuminated the two pranksters: Kim Heechul’s half-lidded grin, and Cho Kyuhyun’s creepy wide-eyed smile.

“Oh, but we need to protect ourselves! We might get infected by it!” sneered Heechul.

“By what?”

Kyuhyun was chuckling before the answer even came.

“The deadly power of ultimate awkwardness!!!”

Well past 2 AM, neither even thought of sleeping. Raging outside, the storm would make it impossible anyways.

“Hey, Kyuhyun.” whispered Heechul in the dark, after a round of idiotic jokes and prolonged periods of rolling on the floor with hands over their stomachs. Somehow, the most random and stupid of comments can seem surprisingly funny when you’re with a good friend.

“Is this really okay with you?” asked Heechul casually. Kyuhyun didn’t miss the sideways glance.

“I don’t get what you mean.”

“Oh, sure you do! He’s your friend, right?”

“Oh, come on! It’s only for fun, and I bet they’ll laugh their hearts out at the end, too.”

“Good, that’s right! Oh, and Kyu-”

But Kyuhyun was already asleep.