Protecting you.

The Start Of Something New

 

“So then which movie shall we watch?” He asked you. “Hmmm… Well, I’m not much of a movie person. I’d always prefer books over movies. But I’d like a romance film. I’ve never been in a relationship before, why can’t I imagine myself in one instead? That’s always been my logic” You say chuckling a little. “I’ve got the perfect movie for you!” He says. You were curious as to what movie he was going to choose. And then the title played on the screen ‘君に届け’ (Kimi Ni Todoke, meaning Delivered To You in Japanese) The subtitles appeared as well, ‘From Me To You’.

 

You were thoroughly enjoying the movie. The romance was extremely adorable. You wished to be Sawako (Female protagonist of the movie). While you were absorbed in the movie, you were sort of oblivious to Kris’ existence, that you failed to realizehow he was staring at you throughout. He let out a soft sigh while whispering something to himself, “_____ -ah, Why are you so cute? Why do I always want to be with you? Why do you make me feel this way? Do I love you? Will you be the Sawako to my Shota (Male protagonist of the movie)?” He chuckles a little. “You’ve gone mad” He mutters, referring to himself.

 

“Wah~ That was such a cute movie!” You say stretching and yawning. He laughs at your adorable behavior. “I knew you’d like it.” He said smiling. You pouted in a cute manner and said, “I wish I were Sawako. At least she has some who’d love her and stay by her side. If only I had someone like that too..”. “Don’t worry _______-ah. When the day comes, that one guy for you will show up. And you surely will have someone to love you. You just got to give it some time. I mean, you are pretty and talented aren’t you? I doubt you’d stay single for long” He said laughing a little. “Thank you Kris, for believing in me, and for giving me hope. Mind if I ask you something though? Don’t you have a girlfriend?” you asked. “You can ask me anything, I would never mind and, yes, I HAD.” He emphasized on the had. “But she liked me for my looks and money. I had to break it off. She was too demanding. She wasted lots of money as well.” He replied with a blank face, a hint of anger visible in his eyes. “I see, sorry for the disturbing question..”  You said, your eyes trailing down to your palms which were lying on your lap. “Hey, no sweat. Curiosity kills the cat. I get why you would’ve asked. Don’t be so hard on yourself.” He said smiling. And you just nodded smiling as well. “Well, I better get going, looks like it’s getting late. I know it’s a weekend but I have so many chores to do. I figured to finish them off in the morning to have the rest of the day to myself.” You said. “Why don’t you just sleep over? You seem too exhausted to change into your clothes, wash the dishes and THEN go to sleep. I wouldn’t mind sleeping in the couch. You could sleep on my bed.” He offered smiling. You blushed at the offer. You and him? Alone? In his apartment? Your eyes widened at the thought. “You seem to blush a lot ______” He came closer to you. “Do you perhaps, like me?” He asked in a teasing tone. You lightly hit his chest. “Not.” You replied, still blushing. “So are you staying or not?” He asked, getting back to the topic. You nodded. “On one condition though.” You replied. “What’s that?” he asked. “I get to sleep on the couch. It’s your house after all! I’d feel guilty and sad for you.” “But ________, you’re my guest. It isn’t proper etiquette to let your guest sleep on the couch!” He argued. “Fine.” You gave up. “Do you have a nightlight though? I’m a little scared of the dark.” You looked down with embarrassment. He laughed. “No I don’t. No worries, I’ll protect you.” He winked. “I have a huge bed, I could put pillows between us and we could sleep on my bed. How about it?” He offered. You blushed once again, thinking about sleeping on the same bed with someone as handsome as Kris. But you were a bit too afraid of the dark, the offer was tempting. And so you nodded, feeling shy.

He later arranged the bed as promised before. Pillows acting as a barrier between your bodies. At one point you wanted to throw the pillows off and just be in his embrace. ‘How wonderful it would’ve been if only those pillows weren’t there.’ You thought to yourself. “Good night ______” He said with a silky yet soft and soothing voice. “You too Kris. Thank you” “For what?” “For protecting me from the dark.” You smiled to yourself. “Anytime ______.” You could feel him smiling as he said it.

After gathering your thoughts, you drifted off to sleep. And so did he.

[A/n: Hello all. This update seems bigger than usual. Haha~ I can't wait to update the next chapter it's going to be super cute. I've got it all planned. But I have so many chores left to do(Sheesh living alone is a pain!). So I decided to update when I'm done with 'em chores. Keke~ hope you enjoyed this chapter. >< :3 stay tuned! (^o^)/  once again, please excuse my English and grammatical errors (If any. I proof read like a thousand times! xD) English is definitely not my first language. Do comment and(or) subscribe! :)) thank you! (^^)]