Look at Me

Adventures of KittySoo and Kai

Requested by kyungsquishysoo ( It's the second half of the story, I hope it's up to your expectations!)

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“All right, I’m going off now! Take good care of Joonie okay?”

 

Sehun gave Kai and Kyungsoo a cheeky grin and waved to them enthusiastically before slipping out of the house, closing the door with a loud “bang”, leaving the two staring dumbly at a three year old boy giggling up at them and looking at them with huge sparkly eyes.

 

Apparently Sehun’s aunt was too busy to look after her son today, thus dumping the responsibilty to Sehun. Sehun in turn had a date with Luhan, so he dumped toddler Joonmyun to Kai, who owes him a favour.

 

“So…” Kai awkwardly cleared his throat. He never really taken care of a toddler before, and he had no idea how to start. Similarly, Kyungsoo was clutching onto Kai’s shirt tightly, staring in wonder at how someone could be so tiny and soft. He never had a chance to get close to a toddler before, you see.

 

“Fwuffy!” The toddler suddenly cried out, letting out soft giggles as he grabbed a hold of Kyungsoo’s tail and started pulling on it, causing Kyungsoo to let out a loud screech. The loud sound combined with the hiss of distaste from cat hybrid made Joonmyun let go of the tail in shock, tears building up in his eyes.

 

Less than a minute later, Joonmuyn was full blown crying, causing Kyungsoo’s ears to fold up and Kai holding his hands over his ears to block out the loud noise.

 

Being the only responsible adult in the room - since Kyungsoo was hiding behind him and just giving Joonmyun the stink eye -, Kai immediately lifted the toddler up and bounced him on his lap, cooing at him softly.

 

Who knew Kai had a way with babies.

 

“Are you hungry, Joonie?” Kai crooned, blowing raspberries into his tummy, making his sobbing turn into soft giggles immediately.

 

"Yes!" Tiny Joonmyun nodded his head vigorously, raising his arms above his head in a signal to be picked up.

 

Kai picked him up and sat down on one of the chairs at the dining table, placing the toddler comfortably onto his lap.

 

"Say ah! The plane is coming!" Kai scooped a small portion of rice and did an imitation of the plane sound, making it "fly" into his mouth.

 

Kyungsoo plopped down on the chair facing them, giving Kai the biggest pout he could master.

 

A few moments passed with Kyungsoo just begging for Kai to just look at me but Kai just continue feeding Joonmyun, eyes sparkling as he fed the toddler who too smiled back at him.

 

Huffing, Kyungsoo dropped his fork into his plate and creating a loud noise, making Kai look up and give him a pointed look.

 

"Don't play with your food, Kyunggie."

 

Kyungsoo felt his heart drop as he stared in disbelief at how Kai immediately went back to feeding Joonmyun as if nothing happened.

 

Pushing down tears, Kyungsoo picked at his food with eyes downcast, going against what Kai just said. He stabbed at a carrot roughly and stuffed it into his mouth, brows furrowed in irritation.

 

A loud metallic clang made his ears swivel to the direction of Kai and Joonmuyn, the latter was happily clanging his cutleries together.

 

Oh Jongin is going to scold him too.

 

What happened next made Kyungsoo's blood boil.

 

"Stop it, Joonie." Kai laughed, gently bringing the fork and spoon away from the toddler's grasp. "Do that again and I'll..." Kai trailed off as he started tickling Joonie's sides, make him burst out in fit of giggles and wriggled around in Kai's lap.

 

Feeling his appetite disappear, Kyungsoo picked up his plate and brought it to the sink, heart aching even more when Kai did not even look up from feeding Joonmyun to acknowledge his leaving.

 

Shoulders sagging, Kyungsoo dragged his feet to the living room, giving one last glance over his shoulder as maybe, just maybe Kai would notice his disappearance but he was disappointed once again.

 

Switching on the television, Kyungsoo’s ears perked up when he heard the distinctive Pororo theme song. At least one thing was going in his favour today. Wrapping his tail around his body, he snuggled into the couch to enjoy the cartoon but his relaxation was short lived.

 

Kai and Joonmyun had finished their meal and were now making their way to the living room, the toddler in Kai’s arms and held close to his body.

 

Kai sat down onto the other end of the sofa and sat Joonmyun onto his lap, faking a loud sigh. “Joonie, you’re so heavy.” He joked.

 

Finally, finally Kai notices Kyungsoo who was pressed on the other end of the sofa and gave him a curious look. Kai patted the space beside him when they met eyes, but Kyungsoo just let out a huff and turned away.

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Kai turned his attention back to the toddler in his lap.

 

“I don’t want Powowo!” Joonmyun whined to Kai, using a chubby finger to point at the television.

 

Kai ended up switching channels until Joonmyun stopped whining when it stopped at a animal discovery channel. He started to giggle as he watched a pack of wolves started devouring an elk and Kai just smiled awkwardly.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand was raging inside and squealed in pain when he gripped his tail, that was wrapped around his waist, too tightly.

 

Kai was still oblivious to Kyungsoo’s discomfort as he bounced Joonmyun in his lap. He noticed Joonmyun already nodding off to sleep, feeling sleepy and contented with a full stomach.

 

Once Joonmyun was fast asleep, Kai gently placed him flat onto the sofa.

 

“Aw, he sleeps like angel, doesn’t he?” Kai turned to the other person in on the sofa, only to be regarded with with a cold shoulder.

 

“Kyungie?” Kai crawled over to Kyungsoo and prodded his shoulder, only for his hand to be slapped away. Kai bit his lip. “What’s wrong?”

 

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo repeated, tears already beginning to swell up. “I hate you so so much.” Tiny fists rained down on Kai’s chest. The man himself was stunned in his seat, he had no idea what he did wrong.

 

“Look at me, baby.” Kai used a finger to lift the sobbing cat hybrids chin. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

 

“You don’t want me anymore, don’t you.” Kyungsoo sobbed, using his hand to swipe Kai’s fingers away and trying to ignore the lingering feeling. “You love Joonmyun more.”

 

Kai was rooted to the spot for the second time that day, before breaking into loud guffaws.

 

“You think I love Joonmyun more?” Kai cradled Kyungsoo’s right cheek and wiped a tear away with his thumb. “Of course not, what made u think that?”


At Kai’s reaction, Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“You allowed him to sit in your lap and then you fed him and then you scolded me but you didn’t scold him and then you started to ignore me and then you allowed him to sit on your lap again and then yo- “ Kyungsoo’s rambling was cut off by Kai’s lips on his.

 

Kai pulled away, leaving Kyungsoo bright red.

 

“The way I love Joonmyun and the way I love you is different. I would never do this,” Kai pecked Kyungsoo’s lips “or this to him.” Kai grabbed Kyungsoo and sat him on his lap, leaning down to kiss his neck.

 

“I’ll never love anyone more, Kyungsoo.” Kai pressed the cat hybrid to his chest, burying his face into his hair and making Kyungsoo show the first smile that day and it would definitely not be his last.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Hello guys, firstly I want to apologise for the super duper long update. I'm so so sorry /sobs. I also want to thank Kaisoofics for recommending this fic, thank you so much.

 

And also I've recently joined Instagram and I'm kinda friendless so feel free to follow @XiaoJelly I will follow back! I wanna make new friends c:

 

Lastly, thanks so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting. It means a lot to me <3 Leave what you think about this chapter below :) And upvote maybe?