Crash (Part 1)

Adventures of KittySoo and Kai

Disclaimer: I don't own the nintendo 3DS

 

*Click* The front door opened and in steps Jongin who was grinning from ear to ear, almost bouncing as he made his way into the house. Kyungsoo’s ears swivelled as he heard the sound and immediately flung himself into Jongin’s arms.

“Jongin! Welcome home!” Kyungsoo nuzzled his face into Jongin’s chest. Jongin, still grinning, patted Kyungsoo’s fluffy ears and pointed to what he was carrying in a plastic bag in his hand.

“Look Kyungie, I finally got a 3DS and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire! I’ve been saving up for months for this.” Putting down the plastic bag, Jongin took out two boxes, one larger than the other.

Kyungsoo’s eyes were wide with fascination as Jongin unboxed the items, taking out a shiny new red Nintendo 3DS and admiring it from all angles.

“It’s so shiny! What does it do?” Kyungsoo inquired, head tilting as he wonder what this small box could do. Would it show him Pororo episodes just like that bigger box in the living room?

“Look, it lets me play a really cool game.” Jongin was literally bouncing with excitement as he plopped into the sofa and turned the device on. As the screen lit up, Kyungsoo let out a “woah” and his eyes were fixated to the screen.

“Jongin, can I touch it?” Kyungsoo moved his hand to touch the 3DS, but Jongin moved it away from his grasp.

“It’s very very delicate, Kyungie.” Jongin frowned. He did not spend so much money just to let Kyungsoo accidentally drop it or anything – he was paranoid of people touching his new 3DS and would protect it like an overprotective father.

Kyungsoo pouted and whined. “Just one tiny tiny touch?”

Looking at Kyungsoo giving him the puppy eye and pouty lips, Jongin felt that his heart melted and gave in with a sigh.

“Fine, but just one small touch okay?” Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up and he raised a finger and gave the device a small poke. Satisfied, Kyungsoo relaxed on the couch and watched Jongin play his new game.

Jongin’s eyes were fixated on the tiny screens of the 3DS his fingers were pressing weird keys on the keypads, which really confused Kyungsoo. After more than an hour of watching Jongin, Kyungsoo grew really bored and started to whine.

“Jongin… Can we please go out to play?” Kyungsoo nudged the unresponsive Jongin and waved his tail innocently in front of him. However, all he got as a reply was a wave of Jongin’s hand to stop bothering him.

Hurt, Kyungsoo decided to try again.

“Jongin, please please please! Let’s go play!” Kyungsoo snuggled into Jongin’s side, hoping to get a reply.

“Kyungie can you go get Luhan to play with you or something? I’m busy here.” Not once did Jongin look up to acknowledge Kyungsoo’s presence and that made his fluffy ears flatten as he looked down dejectedly.

“Fine.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he went out of the door, still sulking. How could Jongin pay more attention to that small box than him? Kyungsoo felt that his heart was being squeezed as he controlled his tears. 

 

---

 

After a few hours of playing with Luhan and grabbing some ice cream, Kyungsoo was feeling much better and went home, hoping that Jongin would be done playing with his new device by then.

Cracking open the door, he expected Jongin to greet him. However, all he heard was soft snoring from the sofa.

Ears twitching, Kyungsoo crept over to the sofa, seeing that Jongin was fast asleep, and that cursed box was clutched in his hands, cheerful music still emitting from it. Mouth curving into a frown, Kyungsoo tentatively touched the 3DS, then daringly pried it out of Jongin’s hands.

Jongin grumbled a little in his sleep and turned around, making Kyungsoo tense up and relax.

He began fumbling with the device, tongue sticking out at the corner of his mouth as he pressed random buttons, trying to make the small sprite on the screen do something.

Annoyed and impatient, Kyungsoo started to shake the device, hoping that it would help. However, his hand slipped and the device fell.

*Smash*

Mouth agape, Kyungsoo took a while to register what happened before going into panic mode.

“Oh no no no… Jongin is going to be so mad at me.” Kyungsoo’s ear folded up and tears started to build up in his eyes. Tail tucked between his legs, Kyungsoo grabbed the device, not knowing what to do.

“I must find somewhere to hide it.” Kyungsoo decided, looking around the house for somewhere that Jongin would not find it. After some thought, Kyungsoo had an idea.

Sneaking out of the house, Kyungsoo ran onto the front lawn. He plopped down onto the grass and placed the DS beside him and then started to claw at the ground at a hard to find corner, trying to dig a hole that will be able to hide the device.

Fortunately he was able to dig a hole rather easily using his claws and hid the 3DS inside it. When he was done, it seemed as if the lawn was untouched.

Heaving a sigh of relief, Kyungsoo went back into the house to clean his hands, dreading the time that Jongin would wake up and find that his device is missing.

“Kyungsoo! Did you see my 3DS?”

“Oh no.” Kyungsoo whimpered, slinking away into the bedroom. How is he going to explain this to Jongin.

 

---

 

Hi guys! So so so sorry for disappearing for over a year. School life has been really hectic this year (it would be worse next year) and thus this was delayed until now. I really don't know when I'll be able to finish typing this whole thing thus I'll release it in parts. Thank you guys so much for reading this!!