Present

Whole

“I need you” was all it took for Kyungsoo to grab her shoes and her purse to drive straight to Jongin’s house. She wasn't lying when she told him that she would always be there as a friend. She knows that Jongin’s doesn’t really have any close friends that he can tell his problems to because it has always been the two of them. So one month after the break up and not hearing anything about him and the random message she received, she knew her best friend needed her now more than anything.

When Kyungsoo arrived at Jongin’s place she expected him to be bawling his eyes out because maybe one of his family member died or something. What she doesn’t expect is him laying down on his bed just staring at nothing in particular. What she also doesn’t expect is to hear the words he said.

“We broke up. Baekhyun…sh-she’s seeing a different guy now”

Karma is a

However, Kyungsoo can’t really say that right now because as much as what Jongin did to her was a move, she just can’t bare to see him sulk more than he is right now. All she can do now is be there for Jongin. No matter how stupid it seems and really, it seems like she just became a rebound now but she tries not to think of negative things.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Kyungsoo enters his room, moving towards the bed where Jongin is currently laying down.

“Not really. There isn’t much to talk about” She respond with a low hum before sitting on Jongin’s bed leaning on the bed frame. They just sat, well for Jongin’s case lay down saying nothing to each other. Kyungsoo doesn’t really know what to do right now. She doesn’t know if its right to voice out her opinion or just wait for Jongin to say something. What she can do though is show Jongin that she’ll always be here. She does so by hugging him tightly. They may look weird with Jongin laying down and Kyungsoo just has her arm drape over him but it's the thought that counts right?

She wonders if Jongin feels the way she felt when Jongin cheated on her. But then again did Jongin really like Baekhyun that much to fall in love with her in a short time that his hurting this much right now? Did he cry when they broke up? Kyungsoo doesn’t really know if she even wants to know the details of how Jongin cope. it might hurt her at the end.

Kyungsoo just hug Jongin until he slowly detached himself from her. He didn’t say anything nor did she. Figuring it’s better to talk about it later on. They spend the rest of the day just watching T.V. and just catching up. From then on they started talking more to each other just like the old times but Kyungsoo can feel the tension between them like any minute one of them will just jump into the other’s arms and do things that they know they will regret. Nevertheless, they still did it.

 

‘Nope this can’t be happening to me right now’. That’s all she can think of while sitting by the edge of her bathtub. Her period didn’t come on the expected date but it didn’t bother her because really those things never come on time but when two weeks hit and Mother Nature still didn’t visit her, she figure its time to take a test. Here she is now sitting on her bathtub staring at 2 positive sign, 1 stick that shows double lines, and 2 smiley faces. All indicating what she fears. She’s pregnant and its definitely Jongin’s baby.

“You’re soo dumb Kyungsoo. I can’t believe you guys never use protection.” She’s currently receiving the great lecture of Park Chanyeol. Kyungsoo had call him as soon as the shock of her being pregnant died down a bit and told him to come to her apartment right away. After giving all the details to Chanyeol. He went father-mode on her.

“I-I don’t know. Jongin has always been good at pulling out? I mean we’ve been doing it for 2 years now without any condoms and there was never a problem but I guess we ed this time. Literally” She stretched her arms out and Chanyeol getting the message walked towards her and just hugged her. He knows she needs this right now.

“You know, you could have asked me for some. I’ll be more than happy to give you some.” Chanyeol teased. Trying to lighten up the mood. Which it did making Kyungsoo punch him away releasing herself from her best friend. But the little smile on her face is more than what Chanyeol need because he knows Kyungsoo can get through with this.

“I didn’t know you were getting some these days Yeol” She bites back a laugh from seeing Chanyeol’s ‘hurt’ face

“I get some every night. Thank you very much”

“Anywhooo~~~ I’m really hungry right now. And I really really really want some burrito” pulling out her puppy face to make Chanyeol buy what she’s craving for right now. He eventually gave in taking his leave to buy Kyungsoo her food because that’s what best friends do.

“ughh! I’m not even the baby daddy but I have to deal with this prego” Chanyeol states jokingly closing the but not right after seeing the scrowl on Kyungsoo’s face

“HEY! YOU WANT TO BE THE DAD INSTEAD? YEAH I DIDN’T THINK SOO. SOO CAN YOU PLEASEEEEE CAN ME SOME BURRITO NOW. Thank you Yeol~~~”

Cravings now mood swings. Jongin needs to appear soon. Chanyeol thought.

Kyungsoo doesn’t know what she’s feeling at this moment. She’s happy that whatever Jongin and her had created a life inside her but at the same time she was suppose to be moving forward, a life without Jongin for a while. But now with a baby inside her she needs to plan things out. First things first she needs to talk to Jongin. Yup she needs to do that right after she puke her guts out. Oh god here comes the morning sickness.

 

D-Day is finally here and its time for her to tell Jongin that she’s pregnant with his baby… and she doesn’t know how to do that. She texted Jongin a while ago saying they need to talk but after that she doesn’t know how to go about it. Its been 3 days since she found out she’s pregnant. and just yesterday she went to the hospital to officially get it check out. Now that its for sure she’s caring a baby, Jongin needs to know.

It only took 25 minutes for Jongin to arrive. And boy is it awkward or what.

“Hey” Jongin greets her. Kyungsoo notice that nothing really change about Jongin. He was wearing those comfy soccer pants with black tee and just a jacket over it. plain and simple just like how she likes it. but its not the time for that. She needs to focus and get this done with.

“Hi. How have you been?” Kyungsoo opens the door more for Jongin to come through.

“Good. And you?” Jongin says while making himself comfortable on the couch when Kyungsoo gestured for him to have a seat.

“Okay I guess but I just feel really awkward with the way we are talking. Can we just talk as we usual talk?” She asked. Sitting opposite of the father of her child.

“I don’t really know how we should talk. Should we talk as bestfriends? Boyfriend and girlfriend? Or more than friends?” Kyungsoo can hear the hesitant when Jongin speaks but seriously she just wishes he wasn’t being soo formal right now.

“Just speak to me how you would normally. I don’t bite you know” and she barely realize that could mean a lot of things. But whatevers

“Uhm Okay then. Soo what did you want to talk about? I thought you were definitely not going to talk to me right after what had happen. Look… Ky I just need to tell you something just let m-…”

“No, its okay Jongin. You don’t have to explain anything. Whatever we had done was both of our doings and I didn’t do anything because I was forced too. I wanted to soo you shouldn’t say sorry” Kyungsoo thinks this isn’t really the time for this but she just doesn’t know. She’ll just go with the flow for now.

“No. I know I owe you some explanation and its about time. I’ve been dragging this for too long and I don’t think I can see the woman I love keep hurting because of my doings. I want to straightened things up between you and me. I don’t know if it will end with a good note but I just want you to know everything you need to know. Ask me everything you ever wanted to ask him”  Jongin sighed. She almost feels sorry for him but maybe this is her chance to have her end.

“Why?” Kyungsoo ask. “Why did you cheat on me with Baekhyun and why did you deny it whenever I ask you. I saw your phone Jongin. I told you everytime. Just tell me everything and I will walk away.” She really doesn’t want to cry. But tears are already making their way down. Kyungsoo notice how Jongin wanted to go up to her and hug her but she can’t let him do that. Once he hugs her, everything will be left unanswered agan. She just shakes her head telling him to stop moving forward.

“I didn’t want to hurt you.” Kyungsoo scoffs.

Because really?

“Didn’t want to hurt me Jongin? I’ve been hurting the moment you were drifting away”

“I know but I didn’t have the balls to tell you. I admit I was wrong. I was wrong to choose the single life over the love of my life but I didn’t know it back then. Back then all I wanted was to experience being single again, party, and just have fun. I felt like I was in a jail with our relationship. I couldn’t tell you because it would hurt you. I’ll rather pretend. Then Baekhyun came. After that everything just went down fall. She was basically a bad drug I became I addicted too. We partied and drank most of the time. I was to caught up with my wants that I ignored what I really need. And that was you. But its was already too late when I realized that. But  I swear Ky I never had with her when I was still with you. We kiss but that was it. I just couldn’t disrespect you like that. When you broke up with me, I took it lightly. Thinking you’ll come back again. but within that month we weren’t together. I felt lost and empty. I used Baekhyun to fill the emptiness but I just couldn’t do it anymore. and I found out she was going out with some guy" Jongin took a deep breath.

Before Kyungsoo was sure that she was ready to hear whatever it was behind Jongin's move but she doesn't think she can right now. she just wants him to stop talking but at the same time continue. Also, she might really look ugly crying but she can't help it.

 

"You felt trap with me? why didn't you just say soo. i would understand you. i mean i'll try but you didn't have to go that far. we were together for years Jongin. You left me hanging all of a sudden i was lost too. You were my best friend, boyfriend, and everything. i didn't understand how you can just leave me like that. I know i'm not exciting enough, probably the most boring girl out there. i don't drink nor party. i stayed at home most of the time if it werent for you or chanyeol. I didn't have anybody else when you left me. didn't you think of how i felt? what did those i love yous meant to you back then. it seemed like they were just nothing to you" Kyungsoo sees Jongin moving towards her. He then cup her cheek up making her get up while brushing Kyungsoo's tear with the back of his hand.

 

"I'm soo sorry. i know sorry doesn't cut it but i was just stupid then. I didn't know what i really wanted and then when Baekhyun went to a different guy. i was hurt but what got me the most is that i felt how you felt when i did those things to you. i wasnt sorry for myself but i was sorry for you. You don't know how horrible i felt. I Just-"

 

A kiss to shut everything off and tangled bodies that lasted the whole night

 

To think Kyungsoo had learned her lesson from previous experience with the same guy will teach her a lesson but it didn't. now she finds herself next to a warm body that she knows belongs to Jongin. yesterday day was suppose to be the day she tells Jongin that she's pregnant but her freaking mood wings caught up to her. Seeing Jongin confess everything to her got her mad and just frustrated but when Jongin moved closer to her feeling his hand caress her cheeks made her want Jongin. She shut Jongin off with a kiss that turned heated which resulted in where they are now. to add to that, they forgot to use again but seriously it wont make any difference now.

 

Feeling somewhat relieved and happy she got up from her bed, put some clothes on, and headed to the kitchen to cook breakfast for both of them because its bound to be a long morning. she really needs to talk to him. there is no way to avoid this. the best way to break the news to Jongin is through his stomach and maybe breakfast in bed. She might as well get use to making food early in the morning for her baby.

 

With eggs, pancakes, and orange juice on the tray she made her way to her bed where Jongin is still sleeping. Kyungsoo nudge Jongin's body with her knee. Jongin move but them went back to sleep again. losing her patience she had no choice but to go her way "YAH KIM JONGIN WAKEEEE UP AND EAT! WE NEED TO TALKKKK!!!" placing the tray on the tables next to her bed. she then shook Jongin to wake him up but then a hand grab her wrist and all of a sudden she's on top of Jongin.

not again she thought. nope.

"I was awake already, you didn't have to yell its too early in the morning" Jongin placed Kyungsoo on her side of the bed then snuggle.

"Tell me if this is too much. i'll move away" Jongin whisper.

"N-no this is fine. whatever happen yesterday lets forget about it. at least now we understand each other more and everything is cleared up." Sighing. Kyungsoo turn to her side and faced Jongin.

Maybe if they have a son it will be as handsome as Jongin is right now. or pretty as her if its a girl.

"I'm still really sorry about everything-"

"I'm pregnant Jongin. We're having a baby together"

Kyungsoo doesn't know why they are both crying and hugging each other. she doesn't know if its tears of joy or they're scared of whats about to come.

 

 

---

not edited sorry