"I still love you, Jessica Jung"

Before You Go

 

---Donghae's POV---

  ‘Oppa, I think we need to break up,’ Jessica said to me. Ah, those words pierced my heart. Those words almost killed me. But I know it’s my fault. I know she’s hurt by my actions toward her.

 

  I didn’t let her go out with her guy friends. I know she knows that I really love her, that I really care about her. Tears rolled down my cheeks almost instantly.

 

  ‘Oppa.’ She said again. But I didn’t respond. ‘Donghae oppa.’

 

  I looked up at her and smiled. ‘If I made you suffer the whole 3 years we were together, then I will let you go. I’m sorry, okay. I’m sorry for making you suffer.’

 

  She held my hand. Ah, even though she was cold to everyone she has a warm heart; she has warm hands that I will give up anything to hold.

 

  ‘Oppa.’

 

  I was silent again. I acted how I acted because I was afraid I might lose her. I was afraid she would walk away from me. I didn’t know I was hurting her with my foolish obsession.

 

  I tried to put on a smile on my face. I let go of her hand and whispered into her ear. ‘Just know these before you go, that I was the only man who loved you; so stupid was I – an idiot scumbag who couldn’t protect you; if you stay by my side until the end you’ll be more heartbroken, you might fall.’

 

  Jessica cried. ‘Donghae oppa…’

 

  ‘Made a very good choice; a person who will set you free will come to you,’ I continued.

 

  I stared blankly at the cold floor. I didn’t know what to do, I was heartbroken. I felt like a part of my heart wouldn’t work anymore. I felt like… dying. Ah, how much I love you, Jessica.

 

  ‘Forget everything and hurry up and go – before I change my mind and hold onto you.’

 

  Jessica left the café with a sad face, her eyes glassy. I’m sorry for everything…

 

  I love you. I love you. I love you. I can’t stop loving you. I’m sorry.

 

 

----- 3 years later -----

 

  I was living quite happily. But a part of me was still missing Jessica; still loving her. Lots of girls I’ve met, but to me they don’t match up to Jessica.

 

  ‘Today a new staff member will join you,’ my boss Lee Sooman announced. ‘Her name is Jessica Jung.’

 

  My eyes widened. After three years of not seeing her, I finally get to see her and now? When I can finally stabilize my urge to kill myself? I groaned and rested my chin on my desk. Arghhh… this is going to be a tough day.

 

  ‘And to celebrate it, we are all going to have a dinner tonight, on me!’ Mr. Lee added. Aish…

 

  I looked at Jessica, who was beside him. Ah, she’s as beautiful as the day I confessed to her. I wish I could still kiss her like before. Ugh, what am I thinking?! This is a workplace. Stop it Donghae, you can’t have her…

 

  Jessica looked at me and she looked sorry. I feel like shouting to her that I love her… But I can’t. My colleague Yesung looked at Eunhyuk, wanting to know what got into me, but he just shrugged his shoulders and they both continued their work.

 

  I couldn’t focus on my work that day. A name echoed continuously in my head – Jessica.

 

  Later that night Mr. Lee brought all his executive staffs to an exclusive Japanese restaurant. Jessica sat between Jaejoong and me. Jaejoong hyung seems interested in Sica. Ah… why am I thinking about her nickname I gave her….

 

 

  --End of Donghae’s POV—

 

  Jessica was feeling bittersweet about everything. She was happy to land a job at SM, but she’s still adjusting her life post-Donghae. And what a hard time it was.

 

  Jessica sighed as she noticed Jaejoong checking her out. ‘Uh, do you mind?’ she said coldly. Donghae smirked at Jaejoong. He felt like there was still a chance for him to win Jessica back.

 

  As for Jaejoong, he just rolled his eyes and looked at a y waiter. Yes, WAITER. He looked at the waiter’s nametag.

 

  “Jung Yoonho”

 

  Jaejoong bit his lip.

 

  ‘Aish, this guy, thinking he can get everyone. Not like Donghae oppa…’ Jessica stopped thinking for a while. Donghae’s name popped into her head for the 100th time that day since she saw Donghae at their workplace.

 

  It was 11:00 pm and all Lee Sooman’s workers were drunk, except for Donghae and Jessica.

 

  Donghae, seeing this as a good opportunity to confess his love for Jessica for the second time, grabbed her hands and led her outside to the parking lot.

 

  ‘OPPA- I mean Donghae-sshi what are you doing?!’ she asked, Donghae could sense a little anger in her voice. But inside Jessica felt glad. She really wanted to be with Donghae.

 

    Donghae looked down. ‘What’s with all this sudden formality…?’ he murmured.

 

  Donghae was still holding Jessica’s hand. Her face was as red as a tomato when she realized that. She could not deny she still loved Donghae – those three years away from him made her realize that she really did love him.

 

  Donghae leaned his forehead on hers, their noses barely touching; Donghae’s hot breath tickling her. She didn’t want him to move; three years away from him and suddenly he’s that close to her face – that was a treat for her.

 

  ‘Sica, I still love you…’ he said.

 

  Jessica’s eyes were teary. She was speechless. She didn’t know what to do. She was sure she loved him too, but she needed some convincing from him first.

 

  Donghae lifted Jessica’s head and kissed her warmly. He broke the kiss and declared that he loved her still – again and again.

 

  Jessica was still speechless. She crashed her lips onto Donghae’s and later it turned into a passionate kiss.

 

  They parted for a much needed breath and Jessica smiled. ‘I love you too, Donghae oppa…’

 

  Both of them entered Donghae’s car and started talking, catching up with each other; and Donghae promised himself something that night – he would love Jessica until the end of forever and that he would let her go out with her guy friends, but with boundaries, of course.

 

  They talked and talked in Donghae’s car until they realized it was 3:30 in the morning, and Jessica was really drowsy. Donghae dropped her off at her house – each waiting anxiously for the next day to come; they would come to work and be the happy couple they were. Having lunch together seemed like a normal thing. One thing they didn’t realize was: there were a couple of envious eyes watching their every step, every minute of their working hours.

-----

A/N: It was supposed to be a one-shot, but I saw a few subscribers so I decided to add a little twist to this HaeSica love story. ^^

The best part of it all was that I wrote this first chapter in one day~~ :D I'm so proud... ^^ Comment it people, I want to see how I should continue this. And those "envious eyes", who should it be? ^^

 

Word Count: 1,135 words (Not including Author's Notes)