Cafe Latte

Memories about Coffee

The ones before seem more angsty than this, I got tired of the angst in the songs. So, because of that...this will only have relation to coffee. But not to the song. So, if you wanted a song-related version for his, I will make a separate oneshot for him. I AM SO LAZY.


"Wow, really. So you two, actually met each other when you were younger? Cool." you heard Jungkook say in the distance. He seemed to be talking with one of his group members: Taehyung and his girlfriend. BTS, the kingkas of our school, they all had girlfriends except for Jungkook. And because he didn't have a girlfriend, girls started to get more desperate than usual. Girls started to flirt more with Jungkook and Jungkook was less seen around the school campus, at least on the ground floor. He was usually seen in the morning with his varsity jacket. The cool, calm and golden maknae of BTS was gone, and replaced soon by a cold city boy who was now an introvert. He no longer welcomed people with their kind smile. But being the polite boy he grew up to be, he still greeted them with the slightest sincerity.

            I am pretty sure all the girls annoyed him and being known as the boy who didn’t have a girlfriend from aside his hyungs made his reputation sound so much more immature and childish. Some rumors even say he never dated in his life before. How is that possible? For a kingka like him, he should have date at least more than 5 girls in his life. After all, he is known as the golden maknae. But, I guess us average people don’t know much about them. When the bell rang for lunch, I was in the mood to go to the roof. I’d get in trouble if I was caught, but I rarely get caught for my image maintained as a good student. I wasn’t the smartest neither the dumbest. Yet I was barely passing math. As I walked towards the school attic door, I heard some footsteps.

            I tried to ignore that noise and opened and quickly closed the door behind me and scurried up the stairs as inaudible as I could. As I reached for something in the darkness, I attempted in searching for a latch and opened it slowly, with some careful and shocked eyes staring at me. Was that Jeon Jungkook? It apparently was, so this is hideout. As soon as I got up from the secret stairs, I sat on the floor as far as away from any edge, while noticing Jungkook’s sudden steps. He looked at me and asked, “I haven’t seen you here or amongst many other girls? You go here? What grade and class are you in?” Was I that hidden? I am actually a quite well-known person at school. I had this random attitude around true friends; honestly I hang out with different people during different times of the day. Now that I think about it, I never see him except in class, or in the morning.

            I stood up in front of him, “Yes, I go here. I have a lot of friends actually. We do classwork together in class, and with other friends who aren’t classmates I hang around break or lunch sometimes. But today’s case I felt the need for some fresh air. And I believe you are a few grades above me, around 2 or 3. Yet, you are in some of my classes. My homeroom teacher is Miss. Kim, as you are her teacher assistant. Do you not see me in the back?” He quickly had a sort of embarrassed-looking face for not noticing me all year long. It’s true, he always pick on the students in the front or around me, but I rarely get called on; even when I do, either Jungkook is not there or he’s reading or doing homework.

            “It’s alright, I can handle this awkwardness. Let me close this gap. Now about you. Jungkook-sunbae-nim. Do those squealing girls that want to be your girlfriend annoy you? Is that why you come here? Or has something happened in BTS? Or are you personally dissatisfied with yourself? Or is it you are tired of everything and decided to take on a new life? Which of these responses are what you have felt or been experiencing?” He finally spoke again, “All of the above, and an additional answer. I have always wondered what it was like to not be so popular. However, that’s not possible for someone like me; I will always remain as a known name.” I smiled at his thoughtful words. After all, everyone is different. I finally retreated in response with a cheery tone, “Okay, Mr.Don’t-Wanna-Be-So-Cool-Guy, sunbae-nim, I think you are best the way you were. Just ignore this love-life and try to solve what you can. If you need help, you have friends for a reason. I look forward to everyday if I can, but it’s really hard to be optimistic. Just try to be happy. You and I are human, we’re not robots. Here, have my number if you are so desperate.”

            As I handed him a paper with my number scribbled, he looked at me with confused and shocking eyes, I stared back smiling and going back down the stairs. As I hummed to myself going down the stairs I soon reached the hallway. Abruptly, the bell rang. I soon went over to my next class. Class was boring…As usual. But I soon was getting ready to walk home when I heard, “Hey, it’s you!” I turned and saw Jungkook walking towards me; he was as tired as sweaty tortoise (if possible). I smiled with pleased eyes. I didn’t give him time to fully catch up and I continued walking without his content. Do I really have to care whether sunbae or if he’s a guy or a kingka to wait for him? NO. I have my freedoms. He soon caught up and questioned why I didn’t wait for him at the school gate. I answered bluntly, “Um, because we aren’t friends or anything. You only met me today anyways. Plus you could’ve called me. Use your brains Jungkook-ssi.” Soon as we continued walking, I noticed Jungkook was gone. Eh, whatever. So I just kept walking home.

            I heard some panting after five minutes into my continuation of my walk. I turned and saw a tired Jungkook for the third time today. This time holding to refreshing drinks. “Hey I thought you’d might like a cold and canned café latte?”


I am sorry it was so short! But it needed more pazzazz. And who said it'd really had to be about love? Anyways it's the last chapter of this oneshot series! I think you guys will like my others. I also have a Rokhyun Oneshot thing for some 100% fans. It's cute and fluffy. I really enjoyed doing this series. Like I really enjoyed it. If you'd like to see more of these, maybe I will post a daddyfic oneshot collection? I don't know? But I will promise you will see it in the future containing groups I like and such. I hope you enjoyed reading all the oneshots in this series! :) Have a good day! -Serin Chan