Americano

Memories about Coffee

          Bitter yet sweet. That defines why the word bittersweet. The taste of coffee. Right? But not the description of a straight out Americano. It has been the taste I have beenn drinking these few days. These few days of staying up all night. I always try to reach for the temptation of drinking a mint coffee but I end up drinking an Americano for the taste to wake me up from this bitter reality. Whenever I try to reach my favorite mint coffee, I am forced to be sent back into my mind that I can't drink that. Just a about a few days or a week ago, my boyfriend had broke up with me, Jung Hoseok. He was so playful, but could change his attitude in a blink of an eye. That's why I loved mint, it was an exact replica of his personality. But as for now, I can''t reach for it. It is now a bitter taste to reach, and for that I now drink Americano. 

           These days, I wondered back onto the day we broke up, it didn't feel like that simple break-up. It felt much more exaggerated and dramatic then it really was. On my side of the parting, he looke like he needed to leave me because something else was in the way. But only one sentence that remained in my mind why I called him J-Hope. "I hope you can be mine again after this stupid world can dig back a perfect spot for just me and you, goodbye." The moment he left and had said that, I had been drinking these Americanos to prevent from sleepless nights, because I wouldn't have to sleep in the end. Now alll I ever do is go outside to buy those Americanos, cry in my bed, play actual games, and just read books about failed love. But in the end, I always remember I am alone now. There is no one to help me back up. Untill then, as I said, I can just hope for him to come back.

           One day, when I was going to go outside I noticed something new. On the front of my door was 3 glazed donuts, 1 hot chocolate, and an envolope. I took in the tray and ate the donuts and hot chocolate. I soon opened the letter. It was a very, I don't know, letter. It was very abrupt at a time like now.

Dear Beautiful,

           Do you know how much I miss you. How much I regretted that day. You are still that same angel that had captured my heart in every single way possible. That cute little nose of yours, your soft caramel sweet-scented hair, and most of all your heart. I am deeply apologizing with all my heart to say sorry. Remember when I had left you that I'd hope this stupid world will find a place for both of us to be together again. This world couldn't. So I had to step up. I decided to drop out as a music major. I am going to be in the educations major. As much as I know your love for children, I chose to become a grade school teacher. As for my abrupt change of majirs my friends and family support my idea. I hope you will too. Follow the objects outside your porch to find your true calling.

                                                                                                                                  Jung Hoseok

            He still loves me. Or is this a trap? Is this a trap in possibility to break my heart again? No I am not a very easy convincing person. I will bring my confidence, pride, and dignity with me on this journey of possible heart breaking. As I walk towards outside I notice a line of post-its. The first one said: So you decided to obey me? I knew you would, love. The second one had said: Following these still. Hope you hang in until the end. Fighting! The third one came to me and said: I know you would be here. I know you have slight bit of doubt in there, I'm not lying. Why else did I leave your favorite bakery's gift card. It's true. He left me my favorite bakery's gift card. It was one million won! What? Why'd he spend so much on me? They started becoming little qr codes. I scanned them with my app and it had a message. I know you love your technology. Click on this link: me. His picture is so adorable. Maybe he still loves me? I hope he really means this. As time came by, more cute selcas of him were in the codes. But as I reached the last one, it said Don't drink anymore Americano. Drink this. It was a mint coffee. I grabbed it and took a sip and my eyes were suddenly covered by some hands. This scent was a very familiar scent. He was serious. He really did mean it. 

            I turned around and he wore a very fancy tux and such and me, wearing my sweats and my bun and some glasses and my t-shirt in my converse. I felt a bit guilty for not dressing up. He came to me and put his arms around my waist and said, "How are you my angelic princess? Did you like this?" I was on the verge of tears and was about to cry. But soon he got down. Was he going to-no way. He bent on one knee and said to me," Even though we weren't together this past week, I want to make you mine for the rest of my life. Will you marry me my princess?" I was crying and nodding to his question. He put on my ring and I kissed him. This kiss had tasted of mint coffee and it was a sweet and minty spice into our kiss. He was so gentle yet passionate. I wanted us to be together in this world together alone forever like this. But soon we pulled away for air and I hugged him. I soon made a vow to him saying, "Never again, beyond all my days as a human with you, I will never ever unless I have to drink an Americano."      


i just realized it makes no sense towards the end - 4/10/14         um, u get it though?