Espresso

Memories about Coffee

              "I'd like to find the nearest Starbucks Coffee shop. Do you know where I can find one?" I asked. "Uhm, you need to make two rights and go straight until you see a Sanrio shop and turn left. Is that all right, dear?" The lady had replied. "Oh it is all right. That is just what I needed. Thank you very much ahjumma." I replied. "No problem, come back later if you want some lunch. We are having an American fusion with Korean food. You should come by, it's 40% discounted than usual." the lady said. "Oh, thank you. I will try to come if I can ahjumma. Bye now." I had said back. She replied, "All right dear. Run along to your coffee shop, now. We need to setup here. Bye darling." I soon walked uphill, walking from downtown. I made the first two rights and saw how far it'd probaby take me to Sanrio. At least 30-45 minutes if I am walking. But I don't want to run uphill. Oh well. I guess I am walking. As I walked uphill, I looked to see on the opposite on the road a group of boys laughing together. There was one that had caught my eye. It was none other than Min Yoongi.

            My old sweetheart from a year ago. Whenever we see each other, we might pass a few hi's or a few how ya doin's; but nowadays i don't see him very often. I remember that promise I made. I dumped him. The reason I had dumped him was because when we had loved each other, he hung around other girls more often. He had gave some of them adorable gestures. He went to parties with some of them without me knowing. But I myself was not around him, I had to go and become a babysitter to a few of some of my friend's or acquainances kids or siblings. They were all very nice children that I forgot the fact I had someone else to love. Because our love grew apart, I said it was time to end it. It took him a week to finally admit he was no longer mine. For that week, he had followed me and had tried to recapture my heart in every single way. But I told myself, no, you can't do this. You were the one who ended it, keep it strong. I still had those conversations with him and such, but as the year goes on I think I am starting to miss him as I walk up the hill. He is laughing again and he is doing what I loved him for. As long as he is happy, I guess I could say I am happy as well.

         As I reached an intersection, I had to go wait by the light. On the other hand, Suga (his nickname when I used to date him. because he loved sugar.) and his crew were heading towards me. I had put on my hood and my sunglasses to cover my identity. One of them accidentally and said, "Oh sorry, ahjumma." Ahjumma? Ahjumma? Did I really seem that old with my disguise on? Am I not as young looking as I thought. I finally was about to open my mouth but then I had shut it. Suga came over and said, "I'd recognize that mouth anywhere, we are so sorry. Hey how've you been lately?" I replied quietly," Uhm, fairly pleasant. How 'bout you?" He replied softly, "Just some thoughtful months." My hood had come off because of the wind and my sunglasses fell and got ran over by a nearby car. Darn. Thoses glasses costed me a week's worth of pay. He looked at me dearly and I had finally gained the confidence to look up. His eyes were telling those thoughful months were all about you. I finally put on a small smile and said, "Really? My months too were filled with thoughts of my lovely children I've been taking care of and a few other things." The boys noticed us two talking and smiling and were thinking of it was awkward but they were saved by the light. "Uhm, hey let's head up now." Rap Monster said. I was about to walk down the curb when I had stumbled and Suga had helped me up. "Oh my god. Thanks so much. My stockings would've ripped and I would've bled." "Oh no problem." he replied. As I was about to got turn to the Sanrio store, they had turned with me. I guess we're all getting coffee? The guys were about to walk in, but they saw my face. I don't know why but the moment I saw the cafe, I felt sad. But my face had also showed it as well. "Is something wrong? Why are you all sad all of a sudden?" the boys had asked. I quickly looked up and put on an artificial smile. I said,"Oh, it's just nothing. Just I guess something with my immune system." They gave me that, you weirdo ok then, look. They all went in except Suga. 

          He came up to me and said," It reminds you of then, huh? Don't worry. I feel better now. Besides I am the Suga! I think I became abetter person thanks to you. Thanks. It's alright now. Let's go in." He tried to pulle me in. Me, being the stubborn person I am, I fidgeted and tried to stay there. He then looked at me and crouched a bit down to my eye level and saw me pouting. I don't know why, but I think I was trying to be cute to him. But I dumped him? Were my feelings for him still lingering? WHy did I not want to accept the fact that I had regretted for breaking up with him. Why can't I admit that all those times I was jealous of all those girls? Why could I not admit that? He saw my pout and smiled. He lifted my chin up. I unkowingly agreed with his gesture. He pulled me into a soft hug and I had a whif of his old scent. Boy, was it as strong as ever. However there was a new scent I've never smelled. The new scent was so strong making feel a bit sad. I recognized it now. At the mall I used to work at, they sold a cologne called Vain. Vain was supposedly a cologne that guys used to give off the scent that thy were over their break-ups. But it was very faint. Other than that, he had smelled like a fusion of that cologne and his scent and this new aroma. That new aroma was strangely like a sweet coffee. I can't quite place my finger on the name, but we used to drink this when e were a couple, for it was his favorite. I think he was smelling my hair because when we pulled away he said, "You smell like a beautiful angel that came from the heavens but you are filled with regret. Don't lie to me. When you said you were feeling oh so pleasnt, all you though about was me and you were filled with despair. Don't be concerned, I as well knew that. When we were making eye contact, you weren't wise enough to block those feeling in you eyes, but as I was I told you everything through my stare, did I not?" I gave a quick nod. "I hope you will be mine, again." He said and gave me a quick peck on my forehead. He then walked in.

                  I was left speechless. I went in and walked to him and whispered into his ear on my tippy-toes, "Yes, you did know. I am willing to love you again, under one condition. Don't hang arounf other girls anymore. I will only say that once. Don't come back to me if you do. If I see another girl flirting with you I will punch her literally, ok?" He nodded. I gave him a big kiss on his cheek. The boys finally saw me. They caught something, my hands had been intertwined into Suga's hand. When it was our turn, the cashier noticed Suga but not me and said, "What can I get for you charming man and your sister?" He replied, "Sister, eh. No just my friend. But I am available." Like I said I was ready to go punch that lady, oh and I think I ALMOST did. Yes, almost. I meant my word. I was going to punch the lady and she was about to scream and Suga had stopped me. He finally said to me,  "I didn't think you actually meant that? I am so sorry. Ok, I won't do that okay." He said to the lady finally," I was just kidding, this is my cute feisty girlfriend, I' like 2 espresso to go please." I looked at him pouting. He just stared at me with that you-know-you-shhouldn't-have-done-that look. I walked away to the other guys. "Hey oppas! And Jungkook! Oppa is being a jerk. Uhm, I think I should go and get my espresso and head out for lunch." I walked over to Suga and he said," Wait, where you goin' honeybunches? I thought we're gonna stay here." I said," I have to go." The guys suddenly said, "Honeybunches? What are you flirting with her again? What happened outside? Don't tell me she smelled of regret?" "What, you can tell if girls feel regretful? But how?" I asked out of curiousity. :Girls have this sort of smell when they stress out about something being regretful. At least from what I expereienced." V had said. I went to him and said, "I didn't know you were a player, with girl's hair?" He gave me an innocent face all of a sudden. It was priceless, I literally slapped myself and laughed so hard. But the moment I walked out the door, I went back to normal. I walked down to go see the ahjumma. It took me quite a while and I saw the ahjumma and she said," Oh there you are dear, we are almost done. Unfortunately, it's only a couple's discount price." Oh, darn I thought. Suga wasn't here. Then all of a sudden the ahjumma's face brightened up and she looked at me, "What a charming boyfriend you have here, I guess you may have a seat with our discount. And maybe another family discount." She had walked in and left me speechless and puzzled. I looked behind and saw Suga. I soon said,"Yah, Min Yoongi. What the heck! Why are you here? What family discount? What just happe-" He pecked my lips to shut me up. And soon he held my hand and walked in and spoke to the ahjumma "Thanks halmeoni, this is my girlfriend." I understood now, she did look a bit like him. She finally came and asked us for some beverages, but Suga and I both responded with, "No thanks, we have espressos."