THE CONFESSION

Love from heaven

Then, one night, when I was finishing off my copy of a fiction, SungMin rushed over to the house… he said he wanted to have a talk with me. So we had. We found a solemn dwelling at my room’s adjacent terrace and there we talked.

 

The cool breeze touched our skin, I shivered a light, and looked at him. He was already staring. I caught his gaze straight into my eyes. They’re too gorgeous and alluring. I can’t help but let my senses be drawn away. Imagining yet bleeding.

 

Then, he took my hands. I got puzzled. He held it over his chest and quietly said:

 

“Sub Yong-ah, my best friend. I am in love with you.”

 

I saw the sincerity in his eyes. Could this be true? Was he really saying this to me? But, I pretend to be unshaken and just listened.

 

“I am sorry. But, ever since the day we first crossed paths, and when I smiled at you and you smiled back, I have already fallen for you. I implore you. I can no longer manage to hide this. Sorry, but, please.. please accept my love.”

 

Fom those words, big unconscious tears rolled over my cheeks. I wanted to hug him that very instant, tell him how much I loved him back. I tried to stammer the appropriate words, but all I was able to say was:

 

“oh well, nice proposal SungMin-ah! I’m sure Sunny would love to hear that and would fall straight onto you… just in time for you to catch her.” He looked confused.

 

Then, I continued, “It’s getting late. I think we should call this a night. Good luck!” then, I just found myself turning back with tears almost flooding my face, briskly paced into my room, and locked the door.

 

There, for the first time, after my father’s demise, I cried so hard. I covered my pillow over my face and wet them with tears. I cuddled under the mattress and wept. My heart lamented all night until I fell asleep.

 

The next morning, I never woke up.