THE FIRST MEET UP

Love from heaven

It was Monday. The first one of June, the official start of the class. It was the very first day when I first crossed path with the two of the most important persons in my life –my best pals-

 

I was in hurry then trying to catch up with the school bus at a quarter past six in the morning, when I suddenly bumped with a kid just my age on our front yard. He, too, was waiting for the bus. I apologized to him, but he simply ignored.

 

Hmp! Nice talking! I thought to myself.

 

When the cab came, we both hopped in and took our places at the very end on the left, the one with two vacancies. Already seated there was a very noticeable girl. Well, who could have not notice her outfit –all in pink? She look so lassie that even her fan matched her skirt, and so as her ponytail. Oh! And not to forget! Her boots! One thing caught me, she doesn’t smile. Hmmmm… she looks unhappy. And this guy on my other side looks just the same. It was somehow astonishing to have seen face so expression less and emotionless at the start of the class. Normally, everyone looks so excited. The latter looks prim in his prim suit. He’s in a khaki jacket over a red turtle neck top that bouts his blue denim pants. All in all, these two creatures of the almighty are exquisitely cute… and pathetic.

 

When the vehicle came to a hault, I immediately hurriedly through the crowd to check on my classroom. I was already about five minutes lat then according to the wall clock, but the teacher wasn’t aroung yet so I just got in and took my seat at the second row aisle unworried. Finally, the teacher came in with the two…hmmmm… familiar faces on her side –a boy in a red turtle neck top and a girl in all pink. The class started buzzing. The two of them where transferees. I had no idea how greatly these would affect my life soon.

 

Days passed on so quickly and it was weekend. In our settlement, people usually come out of their houses and start picnicking over grasses, riverbanks and even main roads. Such a lively town! The populace seemed happy, I supposed. So should, i.

 

I went out that Saturday to play with the kids outside. I sauntered, half-hopping through the stone steps of our gate. As I was just about to cross the street, I again, bumped with someone. He’s the one in a hurry now. Yeah right! The same culprit. He’s SungMin, my new classmate. The very the same boy who bumped with me five days ago. And yup! He is from our neighborhood. This time, he apologized. I was hesitant at the first moment, then finally. I said:

 

“it’s alright, why you seemed in a hurry”

 

It was the first time I saw this kid smile. Good heavens! I was crest-fallen… he’s so cute!

 

Then, it was the start of a comfortable conversation between two strangers. He told me his story and why he was in a hurry. He said, he was trying to catch up with his dog which runs fast over a pink cat. Nice huh? A pink cat, I laughed at the idea, and so he did. Then we tried to look for his pet in the neighborhood.

 

As we were walking, we saw a young girl of our age in olive pajamas, embracing her cat around away from a barking little puppy. Hmp! Not a pink cat, but a white one. Only it was wearing a pink-knitted cloth. The puppy was brown. And yes! It’s cute too.

 

We tried to talk it over  with Sunny. Surprisingly, we succeeded. She said, the cat was sorry for sneaking out just anywhere.

 

We all laughed.

 

And so that was how we three had our first formal acquaintance. Thanks to their pets. These two weird kids are now my friends. And from that day hence firth they were my greatest pals.