The Date

Not So Much Like A Fairy Tale

I don’t know how this happened but I was stuck with Sehun in this waiting shed as the rain started to pour just a few minutes ago. I don’t even know why he was on that area because from what I know, his office was located somewhere far from here. He had his poker face on. That’s not really new. However, one thing is surely different. He wasn’t teasing me like he used to. He stayed a good two meters away from me as we both waited for the rain to stop.

The silence between us was worrying. I never thought I’d actually feel like this when before, I had always wanted him to shut his smart mouth all the time. Maybe, I’m just used to bickering with him. But then, the silence made me think that I did something wrong. Something I don’t have any idea what is.

I chose not to say anything. I made myself believe that he wasn’t there. It worked for quite a few minutes but then he called my name. When I looked at him, he threw his jacket at me.

“Wear it.” He said calmly. That’s when I realized I was shivering. I am such an idiot for wearing a sleeveless dress in this kind of weather. I mumbled a thank you before I wore his jacket. It smells just like him. I shook my head. I’m not supposed to be thinking like this.

Then a bus came and stopped just in front of us. He stepped forward. I assumed he was taking that bus so I quickly took off his jacket from my body. But as I was about to give it back to him, he’s already standing in front of me. The bus went away.

“Why did you took it off?” He asked me. “You’re going to catch a cold.”

I was too stunned to even move. Why is he suddenly concerned about me? What happened to the Oh Sehun I know? Why is he being so nice?

“I know I’m handsome, probably the most handsome guy you have ever seen, but you can stop gawking at me already.”

Why did I even think he’s being nice?

“I am not gawking at you.” I scoffed.

He laughed. “Yeah. You’re just staring.” He got his jacket from my hands before he went behind me and helped me wore it.

“You’re being weird.” I blurted out.

“I am always weird in your eyes.” I heard him whispered in my back. He was so close I can almost feel his warm breath in the back of my neck. I shivered.

“Why don’t we do something weirder?” He suddenly proposed. I was about to ask him what when he grabbed my wrists and dragged me in the rain. We started running in the streets. People looked at us and I bet they were thinking how crazy we were. I complained for a while but I found myself enjoying it. It’s been a long time since I played like this. And maybe, I really need this. I’ve been so busy with my work and helping Lu Han and Jessica for their wedding preparations that I barely got time for myself. I just wanted to be free for a few hours.

We stopped running when we reached a park. Obviously, no one was there since it’s still raining hard. He dragged me towards the swing set. That’s when I realized his hands were holding mine, clutching it tightly and I’m doing the same. I felt heat rushing in my cheeks. I knew I was blushing. It’s a good thing he’s back was in front of me. I don’t want him to see me like this.

He let go of my hand once we reached the swing set. For some strange reasons, I longed for the warmth of his hands. I quickly erased that thought. He sat on one of the swings while I just continued standing.

“Jessica told me she won me a date with you. What does that mean?” He asked.

I closed my eyes and sighed before I told him about the bet we made. I told him everything he needs to know. I’ve always been honest anyway.

“So she caught me staring at you?” He asked me again.

“Yes. And you looked like you’re mad of something.” I explained. He nodded. He told me he was really mad about something that very moment. I asked him why. He stayed silent for awhile, as if he’s contemplating whether to tell me the reason or not. I patiently waited.

“They are right.” He said after a few seconds of silence from him.

“Who?” I asked because I don’t really who he is referring to.

“Lu Han and Jessica. They are right.”

“Right about what?” I tilted my head in confusion.

“Nothing.” He looked away. “Anyway, when are we going to have that date?”

My jaw almost dropped. I thought that by telling him everything, he’d be mad. I mean, who wouldn’t be when he knew about a bet about him? And now, he’s asking me when we’re going to have that date? He’s really weird.

“You’re not mad?” I asked, almost whispering. I actually felt guilty as I was staring at him. The rain doesn’t really make it hard for me to see him. He looked like the usual him minus the glint in his eyes every time he’s teasing me.

“You know what? Let’s do it tonight. I’m going to fetch you at 7.” He said before he stood up. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand again. “Come on. Let’s bring you home. I don’t want you to get sick.”

 

*******

 

I stood nervously in front of the mirror as I took a good look of myself. I don’t even know why I’m trying to look good. I don’t know why I chose the prettiest dress I have in my closet to wear tonight. I’m so clueless of what’s going on with me right now. All I know was how I feel so nervous yet excited to meet him at the same time. Then I heard the door bell ring. Panicking, I grabbed a hair brush and combed my hair again. I leaned in the mirror, measuring if I applied my makeup equally on both sides. I turned sideways, checking if my dress doesn’t have any loose strands. Then the door bell ring again. I quickly got my purse and ran towards the door. I sighed and tried to calm myself down before opening the door.

He stood there, looking so handsome. He was holding a bouquet of red roses and quickly handed it to me when I opened the door. I mumbled a thank you and let me just put it inside in a vase or something before I ran inside my apartment again, leaving him alone in the cold weather.

A few minutes after, I went out again.

“Did I take too much time?” I asked nervously.

“No. Don’t worry about it.” He smiled and I died a little inside. He rarely smiles and he’s doing that right that moment for me to see. I was stunned. “Anyway, aren’t you going to wear a coat or something? It’s cold.” He looked at me from head to toe. “Stupid.”

I gritted my teeth. I should have known he’ll never be a gentleman. That this date will be the worst date I’ll ever have. I can almost visualize what will happen for the next few hours and it’ll be a disaster.

“Why can’t you be like any other guys? Can’t you see I actually dressed up for this?” I mumbled as I glared at him before I shouted at him. “Let me just get my coat.”

I was about to turn around and go back inside my apartment when he grabbed my wrist, stopping me from doing so. I glared at him as we stood in front of each other. He sighed before he took off his coat and stepped closer to me. With that close distance between us, I can already smell his cologne. He smells nice. I thought. But what surprised me the most was when he put his coat around me. He, then, held my hand and dragged me towards his car. He opened the door to the passenger’s seat first and let me enter before he closed it again. I watched him walked around the car and quietly enter and sat on the driver’s seat.

“What’s with you?” I asked as he started the car. He turned to look at me and smirked.

“Isn’t this what guys usually do when they’re on a date?” He asked me back. “Don’t tell me you actually fell in love with me because of these little things?”

I was surprised but I felt my cheeks blushed. I quickly looked away. “In your dreams, Oh Sehun.”

Silence filled the car. It was quite awkward and uncomfortable for me and I think he felt the same way too. I would catch him glancing at me every now and then because I was glancing at him too. I have to admit, he’s really good looking. It made me wonder why he doesn’t have anyone with him yet. I bet every girl would want to be with him.

“Sehun,” I called him. He just hmm-ed at me. “Why don’t you have a girlfriend?”

He abruptly stopped the car and if it wasn’t for the seatbelt, I bet I would have flown.

“Sehun!” I shouted. I looked at him and noticed that he was staring at me. He looked so serious it actually made me nervous.

“Are you really that stupid?” He asked me.

“I really don’t know, okay?” I told him. “It’s not like we talk about these stuff. We’re not even friends!”

I heard him sighed before he started the car again and continued driving. We didn’t talk after that and it became more uncomfortable for me, for us. I should have not asked him. I’m sure I sort of made the mood go down. It’ll be really a disaster.

He took me at a famous restaurant―famous for its delicious foods and famous for its expensive prices. I grabbed Sehun’s right arm, stopping him from entering the said restaurant. He stared at me.

“Sehun, it’s expensive there.” I whispered. Since the bet was between Jessica and I and I was supposed to ask him, it’s just right that I should be the one paying but I’m not that rich and even if I can afford the foods there, I don’t think it’ll be worth it.

“Don’t worry. I got this.” He smiled at me before he held my hand and dragged me inside the restaurant. It turned out he already made a reservation. I also assumed that he frequently go here because the staff seemed to know him well.

We were brought to a private big room. A table for two was set on the center and a man with a violin on his hands was standing just beside it. Sehun led me towards the table. He pulled one chair for me. I thanked him as I sat on the said chair. He then took the chair across mine. He motioned for the violinist to start playing. The waiter who escorted us to the room gave us the menu.

“Can you just choose for me?” I asked Sehun. “I honestly don’t know what to have. The foods all looked delicious.”

He chuckled before he told the waiter to just get us what he usually eats and a bottle of his favorite wine. I sat uncomfortably in my seat. The place looked so grand and I felt underdressed. Even the violinist looked more fit in the place than me.

“Liked it?” He asked me, a small smile on his face.

I nodded. “But this is really too much for me, Sehun.”

“I told you. Don’t worry about it.”

“Look at me!” I told him. He just looked lazily at me, as if he doesn’t want to stare at me. “See? You even looked annoyed just looking at me. I looked like a beggar in this place.”

He leaned in. “I am not annoyed, Juhyun. And no, you don’t look like a beggar. You are absolutely stunning. Now, can we just stop this nonsense talk?” He asked me.

I wasn’t able to answer quickly though because the moment he told me I’m stunning, my mind turned blank. I realized I’ve been wanting him to compliment me since the moment I see him in front of my apartment.

“You don’t look bad yourself.” I mumbled. He just raised his eyebrow at me. I silently thanked the heavens because he didn’t hear me. I just shook my head at him.

Moments later, the foods were finally served. I realized I was starving. I, then, heard him laugh. I looked at him, puzzled.

“Dig in.” He told me. I nodded before I started eating. It was so delicious that I forgot everything around me. By the time I finished eating the food, that’s when I realized that it was just only Sehun and I on the room. The violinist wasn’t there anymore.

“I thought you’re uncomfortable with him here so I told him he can go.” He told me. I just nodded.

“Anyway, since you’re done, let’s go.”

I wasn’t even able to complain because he held my hands again and dragged me out of the restaurant. We just walked in silence until we reached a park. It was decorated with lights and it’s really beautiful. There was a fountain just a few meters from where we are. He took me there and we sat on the empty bench just beside it. No one said anything but it wasn’t uncomfortable just like in the car earlier.

I started feeling weird though because I was almost sure it’s going to be a disaster but so far, it’s going quite well―except, probably, on what happened in the car earlier. I also liked the warmth his hand was giving me as he held onto mine. I looked at our hands and wondered why they seemed like they’re fit for each other. But then, I felt him shivering. I looked up and noticed that his lips were trembling. I pulled my hands and was about to give him back his coat when he stopped me.

“No. Use it.” He told me.

“But Sehun, you’re freezing. You should have let me get my coat when we were still in my apartment.” I nagged at him.

“It’s okay. I don’t want you to get sick.”

“But you might end up being the sick one!”

“Then I want you to take care of me once I get sick.” He chuckled. “Just hold my hand. I like it better.”

And so I did.

 


I'm so sorry it took me so long to update this. I was caught up with school works and exams but I'm now on a vacation. There'll be a third part and I'm working on it now. It shall be posted soon. :)

I recently made an ask.fm account and if you guys have questions or something, feel free to ask me there. lol it's ask.fm/seotofu :)