Just my type

Five Short Stories

He had been eyeing me from across the karaoke room for quite some time now... my friends wouldn't stop pestering me about it.

"Oh come on! He's a total hottie" one friend screamed over the blasting music.

"Yeah! And his taste in clothing enhances all that... handsomeness!" another shouted, they both looked at each other, smiling. "Come on! It won't hurt. And besides, you haven't touched a boy since what? 5th grade? You need to have fun before you become a crazy cat lady or something."

I thought about their honest and sincere criticism toward the fact that I really haven't touched let alone talked to a boy in some number of years now. I was too shy to do anything about potential relationships. Plus, boys never made their way toward me or talked about me because they never thought of me as someone who existed.

My friends, Karen and Julie, were always out-going and energetic. Boys loved them and well, basically the entire school population too. A shy, uninviting girl hanging out with the two most popular... funny, right? They've always been this way and as have I. They always try to "hook" me up with potential suitors because they feel bad that I haven't experienced a real relationship. As much as I want to, it's impossible. I can't break out of this shell.

"Sweetheart! Please do this, for us! Just this once. I promise you won't regret it" Julie smiled as Karen nodded her head vigorously. They dragged me out of my seat and toward the milky-skinned boy. "Hi... uhh" Karen opened , but stammered as she tried to figure out his name.

"Himchan" his voice was deeper than I thought-- than Julie and Karen thought. We were quite shocked upon hearing it. Although his voice was deep, his handsome face and taste in style contrasted immensely. "Kim Himchan. It's nice to meet you" he extended his hand, standing up and shaking all of our hands. We looked up at him, he was incredibly tall.

"Ah, we're Karen and Julie... and this beautiful girl right here is probably your future girlfriend!" they shouted aloud, giggling while running away. "HAVE FUN!"

"WAIT!" I screamed, and sighed in defeat. It would be rude of me to run away from Himchan, so I decided to turn around and stay where I was supposed to stay. "Uh" I laughed nervously, "hi."

He looked at me curiously, smiling after a while. "Hello."

"Sorry about that" I rubbed the back of my head nervously, "my friends are... really--"

"Outgoing? I could tell" he laughed.

"Himchan, are you going to sing or--oh, hey there" a boy of Himchan's height walked next to us. "Hey... I'm Youngjae. And you are?" he extended his hand and Himchan slapped it away.

"I'm not singing, go sing for me" Himchan muttered as Youngjae looked at him and then back at me.

"OHHHHHH, is she the girl--" Himchan covered his mouth and pushed him back to his group of friends.

"Shut up!" Himchan growled as Youngjae smirked, waving at me while retreating. "Sorry about that."

"What was that about?" I smiled almost too maliciously. Although we were in a dark room, I could tell that Himchan was uncomfortable.

"Well... I don't know if you or your friends had noticed but I had been looking your way the entire time... it's this weird habit of mine that I don't do too often. I'm really shy when it comes to relationships and girls, but by the way you saw me treat Youngjae, not so much around guys. I'm really quiet and we have 6 people in our group of guys including me, so no one really talks about me-- or talks to me for that matter" Himchan sighed.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, scaring him a bit. "Sorry" I giggled, "it's just... I'm the same way! Except it's just me, Julie, and Karen."

"Wow" Himchan laughed, "I didn't expect that."

After about two hours, our friends had eventually combined together to form one group while Himchan and I conversed the entire time, singing duets occasionally.

"You know... you're really amazing" Himchan smiled, "and I'm not just saying that! I think you're really cool."

"Why thank you," I laughed, "you're quite amazing yourself."

"Well since we just met, we should take it slow... but going out on a date, how does that sound?"

"Just one date? That doesn't sound pleasing to me" I frowned, Himchan chuckled.

"Well, we'll see how the first one goes?" he suggested.

 

"I think this counts as our first date my dear" I giggled, and Himchan nodded his head agreeing.

"You're right" Himchan stated, "and it's going perfectly. So are you up for another or am I not good enough for you?" Himchan was the epitome of perfection. The way his jawline popped out and the way he talked and everything about him.

"You're definitely good enough for me" I smiled while pinching his cheek. "After all, you're just my type."


Sorry for the sudden change in POV. =P