Into you

Five Short Stories

"I guess I'm just really into you" Sungjae smirked maliciously as he pinned you against the wall. His nickname has been personal invader since primary school and you never really understood why until now.

"Okay seriously, I have somewhere to be right now" you rolled your eyes and tried to slide out from his grip but he pulled you into a hug and everyone around the two of you began looking. "Sungjae, can you not cause all this unnecessary attention?"

"Why not?" he laughed, "are you embarrassed?"

"No, I just don't want people asking me--"

"Are you two going out?" Minhyuk walked by, making eye contact with you. You shook your head vigorously while Sungjae nodded his head nonchalantly.

"STOP LYING!" you pushed him away and grabbed your bag while storming out of the cafeteria. Many thoughts filled your head as you continued to briskly walk away from him.

"W-wait up!" you heard the sound of his bag shuffling as he ran after you. His footsteps were heavy and he finally caught up to you, panting just slightly. Silence prevailed as the two of you continued walking out of the school quad into the recreational area.

"Why are you following me?" you huffed aloud, trying to walk away from him as quickly as possible.

"Because I want to talk to you" he grinned while looking toward our destination. "You never gave me the chance to talk to you, so I just assumed that being aggressive and taking initiative would help us move along quicker... and by the looks of it, it did."

You smiled very, very slightly, but he still caught it. Although he didn't comment on it, he smiled brightly and the two of you continued walking in silence.

 

Finally reaching your destination, you took a seat on the grass and popped one of your earphones into your ear. Sungjae looked at you intently, studying your body language and grabbed the left earphone before you could put it in.

"Hey--"

"I'm curious, what kind of music do you listen to?" he inquired annoyingly. You didn't answer him, but as you chose a song, he smiled. "We like the same kind of music."

You didn't really look at him until he said just that.

"Really?" you asked, a bit interested. "You're not joking right now, are you?"

"Ha ha, no way!" he laughed while pulling out his phone, "check my phone out" he said while tossing his phone gently into your lap. You unlocked his phone and was greeted by a picture of him and his mom. You smiled, giggling at the same time while he grabbed his phone quickly to unlock it. His ears were red.

"There's no reason for you to be embarrassed" you smiled continuously, "I think it's cute that you have a picture of you and your mom as your wallpaper." He nodded at this while rubbing the back of his head.

"But yeah, see! We have the same taste in music!" he showed his music on his phone, shoving it into your hands for you to confirm for yourself.

"So we do" you nodded, unplugging your earphones from your phone and replugging them into his earphone jack. "I haven't heard this one yet... I like it, a lot. See, if you had approached me like this, I wouldn't have stormed out so angrily!"

"Sorry" he apologized sincerely while plugging his earphones into your phone, "I've never really... talked to girls... like that I mean."

"Well, just so you know, that's not how you greet them" you chuckled, scrolling through his music.

"Yeah, I get that now" he laughed.

"Why would you have trouble talking to girls anyway?" you asked, a bit confused. "You're... decent looking."

"Just decent?" he asked, clearly offended. "My mom says I'm handsome, thank you very much."

You laughed hysterically at this. "You have a good sense of humor! You don't even need to be a jerk! Just be the way you are and girls will fall head over heels for you" you stated bluntly, "your taste in music is awesome... since we have the same taste in music after all. You're really funny, tall, and not to mention your complexion is amazing" you commented while touching his smooth face. "And like your mother said, you are handsome."

"You really think so?" he asked, smiling, embarrassed.

"I know so" you gave him a thumbs up while continuously looking through his music. "Oh, this album is good!"

"...So would you give a guy like me a chance?" he asked out of the blue, looking straight at you. As you looked up, you blushed instaneously. You never realized how good looking Sungjae was until now. "I mean... you think girls would fall for all those features, right? So... would you?"

You laughed, putting your hand on his knee and turned to face him.

 

 

"I might just."