Waiting.

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

OST OST 2

 

 

 

Silence played throughout the house as Chen shrugged on a white button up shirt. Cuffing the wrist, he turned to the full-length mirror with a stone cold, expressionless face. Buttoning up the shirt, he reached for the hangers and rubbed his fingers between the fabric of the black dress jacket before pulling it down and slipping it on. Touching his hair, he tousled it lightly before he touched the wall and followed it out of the closet. Standing in front of the threshold between the closet and the bedroom, Chen stared ahead straight before he felt the on his hand. Kneeling down, he gently petted the husky on top of his head; the fur before he got up. Carefully, he made his way towards the drawer and the outlines of the decorated wooden carvings. Opening the drawer, Chen searched through the clothing until his handmade contact with the smooth metal object. Gripping his fingers around it, Chen pulled out the object and hooked it behind his belt. Closing the drawer, he headed for the door when he heard her voice.       A painful pain struck Chen's chest. Slowly, he turned around and headed for the bed. Climbing on top of the bed he smiled softly, reaching for her beautiful face. "Are you going somewhere, Chen?" Chen heard her ask with a hint of smile. Grasping the empty air, Chen felt his heart clench tightly. Getting off the bed, Chen slowly made his way towards the door. Reaching his hand out, he touched the wall. He fumbled his hands for the knob before turning it. Opening the door slightly, he heard her voice again. "Where are you going?" Chen gazed at the ground, feeling the nudge his dog gave him with the tip of his nose. Waving the dog away with his hand, Chen lifted his head and turned to the empty bed. "To avenge you ..." He whispered before leaving the house.       Chen had memorized the route. The easiest way to reach his destination without much difficulty. Without seeing he knew he was at the right place. He could never forget this place. Walking down the apartment complex, Chen came to a stop in front of an apartment door. Touching the name plate, he read the name to himself with burning hatred. Taking a step back, he turned around and touched the walls; slowly he sat down on the indoor bench exactly fifteen feet away from the door. Chen rested his forearms against his thighs as he lowered his head. The sound of his heart beats pounded against his chest as he waited. He waited for the single pastel colored door to open and for that man to step out. He waited, and waited for the sound of the door to open, for those footfalls. His hands itched to curl his fingers around the metal object pressing against his lower back. Curling his fists tightly to keep them from reaching for it, he waited.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He smiled as he trailed his fingers down her smooth thigh that overlapped his. Under the covers he listened to her soft giggles that filled his ears like a forbidden melody. Reaching with his free hand, Chen gently touched her cheek and moved his fingers around; trying to absorb in her features and brand it in his memories. He brushed his thumb across her lips that curled up into a soft smile gently before kissing his thumb. Chen chuckled softly as he rested his hand on the curve of her small waist and pulled her on top of him. She rested her legs beside his hips and rested her head against his chest, listening to the sound of his steady heart beats. Chen gently wrapped his arms around her and inhaled in her scent.       Pulling down the covers with a light tug, she lifted her head and rested her forehead against Chen's. She gently cupped his face with the soft petite hands and gently brushed her lips against his before pressing them together, enveloping his lips with her. Chen slowly closed his eyes and softly kissed his girlfriend's lips, devouring the soft pair with his hungry lips. Pecking his lips gently once more, Sohae pulled back and lied on the bed next to her boyfriend. She gently brushed the corner of Chen's eyes with her thumb as he opened them. He turned his head towards her a little, but his gaze was far-off. His hand fumbled a little as he tried to find his girlfriend's free hand. Sohae gently touched his hand and brought it against her cheek with a small smile. The corner of Chen's lips curled up as he gently her cheek.

 

Sohae leaned against Chen's hand before kissing the palm of his hand. Sitting up, she asked if he was hungry. Chen nodded as he sat up as he felt the weight lifting from their bed. Sohae had gotten up from the bed. Touching the smooth fabric of the bed sheets, Chen searched for the end of bed and swung his legs off the bed; sitting up. Reaching for the chair next to the bed, he searched for his t-shirt and shrugged it on. Chen listened to the soft footsteps of Sohae's walking around their apartment with a light smile. She asked him several questions, asking what he would like to eat and as always Chen replied with the same answers. It was their daily routine, she would give him a list of breakfast and Chen would reply by telling her to surprise him. Chen really didn't mind what he ate as long as Sohae made it for him.       Chen got up from the bed and slowly made his way towards the kitchen by using his memorization. He knew the outline of the apartment inside and out. Grabbing the wooden kitchen chair, Chen sat down and the tablecloth. He listened to Sohae opening the fridge, the sound of eggs cooking, the smell of butter; one by one knew noise filled his ears to give him a little something for him to picture. That's what Chen had to do, picture things by listening because Chen; he was blind.

 

Chen was born with this unfortunate disability and it had kept a lot of people from getting close to him. They didn't want to get tied down to a blind boy and be there for his every need. No, they wanted freedom, they didn't want to waste their times asking if he needed anything, help him move from place to place; watch him like he was their child. When Chen's parents passed away neighbors gossiped, they gossiped that his parents had killed themselves just to get away from Chen. That they couldn't handle having a child who has a disability and watch their life being wasted by looking after him every second of their life. Chen ignored them, no matter how much they threw those words at him Chen knew his parents loved him. Even armors crack though, Chen's armor was in danger of being cracked by the harsh gossips when he met Sohae.       Sohae didn't turn away from him, she stuck by his side. She took care of him even though he wanted her to leave; because those who tried to help end up leaving. Chen was touched by Sohae's kind heart and her persistence. Chen was in love and he couldn't be happier when Sohae loved him back.

 

After breakfast, Sohae helped him get dressed before dressing herself. Sohae worked as a bartender during the evening so during those free hours, she spent it with Chen as much as she could. As much as Chen wanted to work and help Sohae with the bills, there wasn't much job he could take and no one was willing to hire him. He hated the fact that Sohae worked double shifts, working late every night just to pay the bills and his medical bills. She didn't show it, but Chen had a sixth sense for this kind of thing; he could tell that she was tired and exhausted. With the medical bills pilling up even more, Sohae debated about taking another shift. Chen was against it, she was already working too much.       That night Sohae gave Chen a kiss on the lips before leaving for work. Hearing the door close, Chen felt an emptiness in his heart. He longed for her whenever she left. He wanted to be with her every minute. He may sound obsessive, but that's how he was. He wanted to keep her to himself because he never really had anyone to give him the love Sohae gave him. Chen played with their dog; Lucky while he waited for Sohae. He always waited up for her, he didn't care how long it took because he wanted the first thing Sohae saw when she walked through the doors was him. He wanted to be the boyfriend greeting her with a loving embrace and a kiss, telling her that he missed her, asking her how her day was. Listen to her complain about the sleazy customers and the jokes she made with her co-workers, laugh together and give each other a kiss or two before making love under the covers of their bed. He would shower her with love and appreciation.       Patting Lucky's head, Chen closed his eyes and let the dog his face. His breath stinked, but Chen didn't mine. He loved the dog, he had been taking care of him before Sohae had came into his life and Chen owed his life to this furry creature. Stretching his arms, Chen lied back on his bed and opened his eyes. He could make out a little of the ceiling, but barely. He had been getting treatements to fix his blindeness even though he had it since he was born. Chen wanted to stay positive even though there may not be any solution, he wanted to stay positive for Sohae. She was sure there was a way to fix it, and even if there wasn't she wasn't going to abandon him. So, when it started to happen, Chen became very susipicious and insecure.    

It started a week before Chen finally notice the change. Sohae had left for work once again and Chen was home alone with Lucky. Usually, Chen would ignore the sudden change in the details of their daily lives, but this change was like a domino effect. One change led to another and another that it was pratically screaming at Chen to finally stop ignoring it.

 

He smelt it.

 

Sohae had returned home from her work and she couldn't wait to fall asleep next to Chen. She changed into Chen's t-shirt and cuddled against his chest under the blanket. Chen gently kissed the top of her head and wrapped his arms around her. Burying his face against her neck, his nose was bombed with the scent of another man's cologne. Chen scrunched his brows. He would have ignored it considering how she works at a bar where she could get caught in different colognes and perfumes, but he couldn't ignore that thing on her neck. Chen gently brushed her hair to the side and closed his eyes when he gently brushed his thumb against the red spot on her neck. Chen knew how her skin felt under his touch,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter