Seeing by Heart, Loving by Heart

When You're Gone
Chapter 2: Seeing by Heart, Loving by Heart
 
 
In a big house that also was a private academy for piano lesson, there lived a man and his daughter, named Kim Yoojin and Kim Yoojung. Kim Yoojin is a well-known piano teacher who has engendered some of popular great musician in piano major. It was so difficult to become his disciple, because he rarely opened a new class and was so picky. He only accepted 1-2 pupils in a period and only the best talented one who seriously wanted to step on a higher level in piano major. Besides, Kim Yoojin is such a strict teacher who teaches as if military way.
 
While Yoojung, his one and only daughter is a teenager who lived with her disability since she was born. There was something wrong with her optical nerve, so that’s why she could not see at all and it was of course couldn’t be recovered. In other words, she will be blind forever. Living with disability didn’t mean she lived spoiled and being served all the time. His father considered her as if she was just a normal teenager without any disability, included Yoojin’s strictly manner in raising her even after Yoojung’s mother died ten years ago.
 
However, it doesn’t mean Yoojin disliked his own daughter for being blind nor he hated her. He never complained for his daughter’s disability nor blaming God for giving him such a blind child. Yoojin loved Yoojung so much that he wanted his daughter to be an independent woman as she grown up so she would never be a burdened to others and could do anything by herself and to live happily in her future. One of his dreams was for her inherited his private piano academy in future if Yoojin was gone and couldn’t accompany her anymore. That’s why not only to his disciples in academy, Yoojin also strict to teach Yoojung piano lesson as well since the girl was child. People might be misunderstood him as a grumpy father. In fact, he just loved his daughter too much.
 
***
 
 
That night, after finishing his piano lesson to a new student that day, Yoojin walked to his room tiredly. Mr. Park, his butler asked him whether his master wanted something to be served or not. But Yoojin only asked back whether his daughter have gone to sleep or not. Then Mr. Park told him that Yoojung was sleeping in her room not a while ago. Yoojin nodded and asked Mr. Park to go sleep as he has done his entire job for today.
 
After washed and changed his clothes into pajamas, Yoojin came out of his room and went into his daughter room. Yoojung was sleeping deeply and peacefully. Yoojin sit beside her and watched her sleeping affectionately. Yoojin his daughter’s head smoothly, somehow he remembered their past time, when Yoojung was still a child, Yoojin often read her a storybook before she’s gone sleeping.
 
Now his little baby has grown up and so much worry came by to his head since he knew clearly that his daughter has disability and would face many obstacles in her life. He wondered what would happen in Yoojung’s future, what she would become and who would be there for her if he was gone. His wife has died long time ago, so he wished he’d be gifted a long lifespan to watch and guide his daughter for a long time. He wished Yoojung would meet someone who could protect and guide her in the future if he couldn’t be there for her anymore. He always wished for the best on his daughter.
 
Unconsciously, a drop of tears fell down through his cheek as he choked for holding back his tears. He took off his glasses and wiped his teardrops with his finger. After getting back to himself, he stopped crying and wore on his glasses back. Then Yoojin kissed her daughter’s forehead and said something before went back to his own room, “Have a nice dream, my beloved daughter.”
 
 
***
TBC