Chapter Sixteen

When I Look at the Stars

What might Mrs Lee want from me? Hopefully not about the outstanding fees. Junhyung prayed hard.

 

Junhyung was heading towards Mrs Lee office when someone pushed him against a staircase door. Even without looking at the person, Junhyung was pretty sure it was Dujun who has pushed him in there. Who else would do that without any reason.

“Well well.. Yong Junhyung. I see you are heading to Mrs Lee’s office. For what reason it might be. Maybe… It’s because of the long due fees that your sinful family has yet to settled with the school? Or maybe, Mrs Lee wants to inform you that you and your precious little sister will be expelled? Well, I don’t give a damn as long as it will make you and Jiwoo’s lives miserable!!”

Dujun’s heart raced and felt like punching Junhyung once and for all. Instead, he landed his punch at the wall next to Junhyung’s face. Junhyung was terrified but didn’t move an inch as he knew that Dujun’s anger was his fault. Dujun was not satisfied with Junhyung’s passive attitude.

I could have punched him in the face but why isn’t he fighting back?!

Secretly, he wanted Junhyung to fight back rather than keeping quiet like all these while. Then at least, Dujun could have knocked him off with a valid reason. He gave up and started to walk away when Junhyung suddenly said, “if hitting me makes you feel better, then do it.”

Dujun smirked and grabbed Junhyung’s collar, “just shut up Yong Junhyung. You know nothing about what I’m feeling!”

Thud. A punch landed on Junhyung’s left cheek.

Thud. Another punch landed on Junhyung’s abdomen.

 Junhyung fell to the ground.

Dujun gave a last kick to Junhyung’s left knee before leaving him there controlling his pain.

Mianhae, Dujun-ah…