Chapter Fourteen

When I Look at the Stars

With all that are happening, Junhyung started to feel nervous and restless.

“What’s wrong with you? I don’t care. I am just too cold right now and I really need a lift back home” Dujun being himself, stubbornly started running towards Mr Yong. When Dujun was about to cross the traffic, he saw the two men started to beat Mr Yong up very badly. Dujun who was too startled to move, froze at his spot and he heard Junhyung shouting, “Appa! No, please stop!” Dujun stopped Junhyung from crossing the road and pulled him back behind the trash bin.

Just then, a car stopped in front of the scene and Mr Yoon, Dujun’s father came out of the car and tried to save Mr Yong from the two men. During the commotion, both boys saw a man fell down to the ground helplessly and the other man was dragged into the van and it drove off in a speed of light.

Dujun and Junhyung started to run to the man who was on the ground. “Appa! Are you okay?” Junhyung shook his father’s shoulders and started to panic. Dujun started to ask Mr Yong, “where is my father? Why did they took my father?? Answer me!!” Dujun started to weep.

******

After four days of the incident, Mr Yoon was still not found even after police has offered ransom to the moneylenders. Mrs Yoon, Dujun’s mother started to fall sick and weak as there was no news about his husband’s whereabouts.

Junhyung’s family left the Yoon’s after that incident as they were afraid other complications might happen again if they stay there any longer.

After that night, Dujun changed. He skipped school. He did not talk or even want to see Junhyung again even when Junhyung and Jiwoo came by to visit him every single day after school.

After the 7th day of the incident, the Yoon’s received a call from the police saying that they have found Mr Yoon dead in a secluded abandoned factory. Soon after, Mrs Yoon fell sick and the news took a toll on her and caused serious disorder in her behaviour and mental stability. Mrs Yoon was sent to the States to be treated. Dujun was left alone with his grandfather in South Korea.

These events turned Dujun into a reckless and unforgiving man he is now.

"I'll make your life miserable as how you have made mine, Yong Junhyung, Yong Jiwoo." Dujun promised to himself.