Chapter Thirteen

When I Look at the Stars

All those memories of him and Dujun are still intact in his mind. He misses his best friend. So much that sometimes, he felt glad that Dujun is now in the same class as him. At least I know that he is alive and kicking, Junhyung chuckled to himself.

 

He then realised that he has a shift to cover. He grabbed his windbreaker and cap and left for work. Junhyung walked past a traffic junction. That infamous traffic junction that started the whole tragedy between the Yoons and the Yongs.

 

********

 

It was a stormy night.

 

Junhyung and Dujun were on their way back home running in the heavy rain after a fun time at the PC room in the neighbourhood.

 

"Yah, you should have told me that it was going to rain heavily like this and we should have just stayed at home and play XBOX instead!" nagged Dujun as if it was Junhyung's fault that it was raining heavily that night.

 

"Just shut up and run. I'm so cold to fight with you at this moment. Pabo." Junhyung punched Dujun's stomach lightly and ran faster leaving Dujun behind.

 

When Junhyung reached the traffic junction, he saw a familiar figure with two other large built man near a van. Junhyung hid behind a trash bin to spy on those men near the van. "It is Appa!"

 

"Yah, what are you doing here? Let's go already. It's freezing cold. And this time don't leave me behind!" Dujun nagged and continued to run but Junhyung pulled him back behind the trash bin. "Look there, near the van. It's my dad, right?" Junhyung whispered to Dujun.

 

Dujun then observe the scene that Junhyung just told him about. "Hey, you are right! Let's greet him. They have a van maybe we can ask for a ride back home as well!" Dujun was about to walk towards those three men when Junhyung retorted, "I don't think that is a good idea. My dad is with two other men and.. and.. they seem to be in a serious discussion" Junhyung nervously cleared his throat. He was pretty sure who the other two men were but he was too embarrassed to tell Dujun that the other two men were moneylenders who were trying to get their money back from his father.

 

Yes, the Yongs were in a heavy debt but fortunately, the Yoons helped them by letting the Yongs worked with them. Junhyung's family will be forever be indebted to the Yoons.