4장

Of Daisies&Chocolate;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 0 1 3

 

“Order up!”

 

It was another day in busy Seoul at Jooyoung’s work place. She was working in one of the most popular restaurants in all of South Korea; it was only natural that things would get busy – especially during lunch and dinner hours.

 

Besides, she needed the distraction of work.

 

The clock struck 9:30pm. Jooyoung took in a breath of fresh air. Her work hours for the day were finally over. After greeting her co-workers for doing a good job, Jooyoung headed home.

 

Her warm winter jacket was the only protection she had against the harsh season. She passed by an alleyway when she heard the sound of someone crying for help. Jooyoung’s eyes widened and panic began to flow within her. She hurriedly reached inside her pocket and wore her brass knuckles – it was for emergencies, and this one seemed like one.

 

“HELP ME! PLEASE!”

 

“Shut up! No one’s going to hear you!”

 

Jooyoung’s eyes widened! She followed the voices and found herself at the back-alley of a pub. She saw a much larger man, holding a thinner man by the neck against a brick wall.

 

“SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!”

 

“SHUT UP! YOU LITTLE ER. HAND OVER THE MONEY! NOW!”

 

“P-PLEASE. I D-D-DON’T HAVE IT YET!”

 

The man violently shook the thin man by his neck. “I SAID HAND IT OVER!”

 

“How about I hand you over to the police?” Jooyoung said, interrupting.

 

“MISS! MISS PLEASE HELP ME!” He desperately cried out when he caught sight of Jooyoung.

 

“HA! You pathetic little . Asking help from useless women.” The man said, spitting on the victim’s face, letting the man slide down the wall.

 

“Who are you calling useless? You bastard.” Jooyoung said narrowing her eyes down at him.

 

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING A BASTARD YOU ?!” The man shouted, fuming.

 

“You. Didn’t you hear what I said? Has the alcohol in your system blocked your hearing too? Or are you just really that stupid?” Jooyoung retorted with a smirk plastered on her face.

 

“WHY YOU LITTLE!” The man said lunging straight at Jooyoung.

 

“WATCH OUT!!” The victim shouted.

 

Jooyoung scoffed and stepped to the side, letting the man fall on his face. He stood back up again and lunged at her once more. Jooyoung rolled her eyes and stepped to the side again. When the man was face to face with the wall, she grabbed his shoulders and began punching the man square in the face.

 

The man was too drunk to fight back properly. But he was still able land some good shots. He landed a nice punch that sent Jooyoung to bend over the big trash bin. He took steps forward and when he thought she was out, Jooyoung turned around and punched the man straight on! She heard his nose crack and was pretty sure she broke it. Blood began to stream down the man’s face.

 

“YOU LITTLE BITC—“ Jooyoung punched him one final time before sending him to sleep. He wasn’t dead. Just sleeping with blood flowing out of his nose.

 

Jooyoung cracked her neck and turned back to the man the drunken dude was victimizing. She saw him pushing himself against the wall – pale and scared. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter