2장

Of Daisies&Chocolate;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 0 1 0

 

It was March 9.

 

Tonight, Taeyeon would be turning twenty.

 

‘Tonight has to be perfect.’ Jooyoung’s thoughts were all about tonight. It’s a very, very special night, after all. Not only because it was Taeyeon’s birthday…but also because it would be the night that the younger would be confessing her feelings for the older.

 

Jooyoung never thought that her ual preference would change. But after meeting Taeyeon…. her world shifted. She wanted to be around her more. She wanted to kiss her, hug her and just take care of her all the time and thought about her much, much, much more than a normal friend was supposed to.

 

She was in love with her.

 

And tonight…whether or not Taeyeon would accept her feelings…she’d be happy to have told her. At least she would know that Taeyeon didn’t feel the same way instead of living the rest of her life wondering what would’ve happened if she did.

 

They agreed to meet at 8pm in the Secret Garden that only Seoul locals would know about. It was a quiet garden style restaurant. Usually, they’d be fully booked. But Jooyoung made an effort and rented the whole restaurant for the night. It took most of her savings away, but she’d manage. Anyway for her…it would be worth it.

 

Taeyeon still had a schedule.

 

Taeyeon was an idol – an artist. She’s the leader of the famous girl group, Girls’ Generation. It was her birthday but you know…an idol’s job is never easy. She still had to go on shows, interviews and photo shoots.

 

There were a lot of times when Taeyeon cried on Jooyoung’s shoulder telling her how stressed she was. Crying to her about how much she wanted to quit.

 

Jooyoung told her not to quit. She knew it was what Taeyeon had always wanted to do. She wasn’t going to let her waste her already achieved dream just because of some stress.

 

She was Taeyeon’s full on supporter – 24/7, seven times a week.

 

Jooyoung was certain she loved Taeyeon. Her heart raced whenever the latter was around. Her stomach made flips and her vision blurred.

 

She knew that a lot of people would criticize her ual preference. But all her life, Jooyoung had lived by following her brains and her common sense.

 

For once she’d like to take a chance and follow her heart. Do something for once that was finally for her. Do something for once that would make her feel complete. Do something for once that would make her happy.

 

As Jooyoung stood in the middle of the garden, admiring her and the staff’s efforts…she smiled.

 

‘It’s perfect.’

 

She stared at the bushes of white roses decorated with white lights – it was beautiful. ‘Taeyeon would love those roses. She once said in an interview that---‘

 

Then it dawned on her.

 

Taeyeon was a public figure. She was an entertainer – an idol. She’s always under the eyes of fans, critics and haters. If Taeyeon accepts her feelings…they would label her as a lesbian and Taeyeon would receive disdainful feedback and—

 

“Jooyoung?”

 

Jooyoung turned around and felt all air leave her body. Standing near the entrance was Taeyeon in her simple peac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter